To be humble do you have to be broken down?

I think being humble is a choice; someone may be more humble if they have had bad past experiences as they can understand life has difficulties.
People who have everything may feel they don't need to be humble as they are better than others; this is not true of all accomplished people though.
I think all who believe should try ad be humble.

Deuteronomy 8:2 - Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.
Amen and I want to add to what you have said.

You mentioned it is a choice and that is correct but it is not given to us as a choice. The choice is to be obedient or not.

Just like walking in Love and Forgiveness is a choice but it is given as a command from the Father.

So one is not going to walk in love and forgiveness without being humble. It simply is impossible to do.

God resist the proud (opposite or opposed to humble) However God shows Grace, Favor or see's to you when you are humble.

Lol that does not take to much to see which way is better.

Blessings and welcome again.
FCJ

Amen and I want to add to what you have said.

You mentioned it is a choice and that is correct but it is not given to us as a choice. The choice is to be obedient or not.

Just like walking in Love and Forgiveness is a choice but it is given as a command from the Father.

So one is not going to walk in love and forgiveness without being humble. It simply is impossible to do.

God resist the proud (opposite or opposed to humble) However God shows Grace, Favor or see's to you when you are humble.

Lol that does not take to much to see which way is better.

Blessings and welcome again.
FCJ
I agree. :)

Back