Tithing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean that when we were "lost souls" we should have been tithing and after God calls us we should stop?
I don't know--after all God did say "I change not" and "Jesus is the same yesterday,
today and forever."

Does that mean that when we were "lost souls" we should have been tithing and after God calls us we should stop?
I do not know- were you Jewish?
I don't know--after all God did say "I change not" and "Jesus is the same yesterday,
today and forever."
God never changes but the covenant written in the blood of Christ is quite a bit different than the old. Personally I am not telling anyone not to tithe. If that is what you feel you should do than by all means continue. I am simply reiterating that there is absolutely no mention of tithing to the New Testament church in scripture. The church certainly needs to be supported and many use tithing to do so- there is no condemnation in that.

The problem was no one could fulfill the Law. It was never done but once and that in the person of Jesus Christ.
Those who want to be judged under the Law are guilty of the whole Law if they but transgress in heart or deed but once. In fact that is why Christ came to redeem us- if we could do it ourselves He would never have hung on that tree. How many animals have you sacrificed this year?:p Did you make the pilgrimage to Jerusalem? Have you traveled more than a mile from your home on the sabbath? Did you build a booth on the festival of Sukkot?:eek:
The covenants are not the same as Christ fulfilled the Covenant of Law (covenant of the servant) and opened the way for the Covenant of Grace (the covenant of a son).
Gal 4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
Gal 4:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Gal 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

But as I said earlier tithe if you like. I respect your opinion and your right to do as it seems good and proper for you to maintain a clean conscience before God. I see that you did not produce any scripture commanding or even suggesting that the Church tithe.

Perhaps we should just agree to disagree my friend.

May God's blessing be your joy and strength,
your brother Larry.

we are the church.if a church was preaching the prosperity message 24/7 we have our own mind and will to work things out.

RickyN said:
I did that in my first post. Jesus didn't go around telling one group to do one thing and another group to do something else.
Hmmm. Jesus did not act respond differently to the lost than the saved? Hmmm.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT

This thread has been well discussed. Everyone has stated their views and no one is changing their minds.

With that in mind, it is the opinion of the Moderators, nothing further is to be gained and the thread will be closed.

If anyone wishes to add something to this thread that is of a differing viewpoint and has not already been covered, please let anyone on the Moderator Team know, and reopening of this thread will be considered.

We thank all who participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back