Tithes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, if I may, I would like to extend this question to everyone reading this thread. It's a very valid and important question, and I hope everyone can give it some thought and provide me an answer.

What was God's objective and purpose for asking people to tithe?

Actually, if I may, I would like to extend this question to everyone reading this thread. It's a very valid and important question, and I hope everyone can give it some thought and provide me an answer.

What was God's objective and purpose for asking people to tithe?

From the words of God, using the "language of man," but giving the equivalents of the subject for tithes, "corn, wheat, wine, oil..." whose spirtual meaning are:

"corn and wheath" - for the "letter" of the word
"wine and oil" - eventually translated into the "blood of Jesus" that made the availability of the HOLY SPIRIT

Therefore, in the "spiritual language" of God, the subject of TITHES is actually the "TRUTH in the word" by divine revelation.

Very clearly therefore is revealed "God's objective and purpose for asking people to tithe."

* Deuteronomy 14:23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.

God's revelation is forthcoming for His statement in the following:

* Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

* Malachi 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

* Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

You didn't address my question properly. Let me ask it another way.

Was it for God's benefit or the people's benefit?

What does tithing teach a person?

What does tithing do to a person's growth?

Why exactly did God ask people to tithe for in the beginning?

You didn't address my question properly. Let me ask it another way.

Was it for God's benefit or the people's benefit?

What does tithing teach a person?

What does tithing do to a person's growth?

Why exactly did God ask people to tithe for in the beginning?

If only we allow GOD to expound more, through His very words, the "intended meaning" of TITHES, we would appreciate His purpose for enunciating this law.

"Was it for God's benefit or the people's benefit?"

* Primarily, it is for God's benefit for the Law on Tithes is actually EVANGELISM as everybody knows it is for His benefit.

"What does tithing teach a person?"

* Foremost, "tithing" teaches a person to be HUMBE in order to understand what GOD really means. As it is, with MAN'S wisdom, very clearly "tithing" benefits the religious leaders.

"Why exactly did God ask people to tithe for in the beginning?"

This is answered in the beginning.
To repeat, because "Tithing" is actually EVANGELISM, therefore, God is able to realize His original plan of having eternal companions!

If only we allow GOD to expound more, through His very words, the "intended meaning" of TITHES, we would appreciate His purpose for enunciating this law.

"Was it for God's benefit or the people's benefit?"

* Primarily, it is for God's benefit for the Law on Tithes is actually EVANGELISM as everybody knows it is for His benefit.

"What does tithing teach a person?"

* Foremost, "tithing" teaches a person to be HUMBE in order to understand what GOD really means. As it is, with MAN'S wisdom, very clearly "tithing" benefits the religious leaders.

"Why exactly did God ask people to tithe for in the beginning?"

This is answered in the beginning.
To repeat, because "Tithing" is actually EVANGELISM, therefore, God is able to realize His original plan of having eternal companions!

Do we still need EVANGELISM today? If yes, then Christians should be tithing.

Do we still need EVANGELISM today? If yes, then Christians should be tithing.

To MAN tithing involves MONEY.

To GOD tithing involves "His spiritual word" "to eat with the person" being shared with and relishing the wonder of God's "exposition of His words." It is not the "letter" or literal meaning as written, but the "spiritual message."

* 2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

How do Pastors work full time for God and their flock, and yet still be able to feed himself and his family?

Answer: Flock members tithing.

How do Pastors work full time for God and their flock, and yet still be able to feed himself and his family?

Answer: Flock members tithing.

Minister Tony, the "system of TITHING" practiced by sects and denomnations is actually copied from the Gentiles. Here is the origin:

In the beginning, the Israelites were not under a LEADER, but just a temporary "agent of God" called JUDGES like, Samson, Gideon, etc. in the Book of Judges

However, let us listen to these people of God:

1 Samuel 8:1 And it came to pass, when Samuel was old, that he made his sons judges over Israel.
1 Samuel 8:3 And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment.
1 Samuel 8:4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,

1 Samuel 8:5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.

1 Samuel 8:6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.

This is the response of GOD:

1 Samuel 8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

Continue reading and see how displeased was GOD with this desire of His people, citing the "evil of the Pastoral System."

1 Samuel 8:9 Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.

1 Samuel 8:11 And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.

1 Samuel 8:12 And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.

1 Samuel 8:13 And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.

1 Samuel 8:14 And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants.

1 Samuel 8:15 And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.

This where JESUS CHRIST found the JEWS practicing this "Pastoral System."

JESUS' rebuke, and see how the JEWS practiced the "Pastoral System" inherited from the ancestors.

Read Mat 23.

Do you tithe? If yes, why? If no, why not and who pays your Pastors income to survive and feed his family?

Christianity today composed of sects and denominations adopts the "Pastoral System" that Jesus Christ never practiced it.
After Jesus Christ left His Disciples, they also DID NOT practice this system that was copied only from the Gentiles.

The origin is detailed in 1 Samuel 8:1-22

Sad to state, many professing Christians have not even read this book in the Old Testament that was adopted by the JEWS.
Very clearly, Jesus Christ condemned this "Pastoral System" that He sharply rebuked the Scribes and Pharisees in Mat. 23.

Christianity today composed of sects and denominations adopts the "Pastoral System" that Jesus Christ never practiced it.
After Jesus Christ left His Disciples, they also DID NOT practice this system that was copied only from the Gentiles.

The origin is detailed in 1 Samuel 8:1-22

Sad to state, many professing Christians have not even read this book in the Old Testament that was adopted by the JEWS.
Very clearly, Jesus Christ condemned this "Pastoral System" that He sharply rebuked the Scribes and Pharisees in Mat. 23.

Define "Pastoral System"

Define "Pastoral System"

In the "Pastoral Sytem," there is a human leader, a Tteacher, called Pastor or Rabbi. JESUS CHRIST demonstrated this to His DISCIPLES when He told them:

* Luke 22:24 And there was also a strife among them (Disciples), which of them should be accounted the greatest.

* Luke 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
* Luke 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Further condemning this unscriptural doctrine, let listen to our Lord JESUS CHRIST rebuking the RELIGIOUS LEADERS:

* Matthew 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

* Matthew 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

* Matthew 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

* Matthew 23:6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

* Matthew 23:7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

* Matthew 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

* Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

* Matthew 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

This is but a glimpse of the evilness of the "Pastoral System."

Under this system, the LEADER takes the role of GOD, taking the authority, teaching, and being looked up above the laity.

Is not GOD jealous?

* Exodus 34:14 ... the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Only God can define the "Pastoral System" where He demonstrated it in the case of His chosen people who used to depend on Him, but later sifted their trust to their fellowmen.

Those who are interested to know it, SAMUEL wrote this in:

1 Samuel 8:1-22

Very clearly, the JEWS who were entrusted with the "inspired words of God" in the HOLY BIBLE corrupted this "divine doctrine" of ONLY GOD is the Teacher:

* 1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Let us listen to JAMES a leading Apostle of Christ:

* James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

* James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

* James 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

* James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

The "Pastoral System" is the cause of all chaos we now find in CHRISTIANITY today!

Very clearly, the JEWS who were entrusted with the "inspired words of God" in the HOLY BIBLE corrupted this "divine doctrine" of ONLY GOD is the Teacher:

* 1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Let us listen to JAMES a leading Apostle of Christ:

* James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

* James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

* James 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

* James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

The "Pastoral System" is the cause of all chaos we now find in CHRISTIANITY today!

Christian sects are thriving because of the "Pastoral System."

Perhaps participants in this FORUM are wondering how the Disciples conducted their "Spiritual Fellowship" when Jesus Christ no longer with them physically.

Christian sects are thriving because of the "Pastoral System."

Perhaps participants in this FORUM are wondering how the Disciples conducted their "Spiritual Fellowship" when Jesus Christ no longer with them physically.

Because JESUS CHRIST never wanted the "Pastoral system," therefore He never permitted His DISCIPLES to practice it.
Read Matthew 18 how Jesus adivised His DISCIPLES:

* Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

The name is not just that simple "Jesus Christ" that even Satan and non-believers can utter and use it. JESUS CHRIST reveals His "name" in the following:

* Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Have we noticed the TWO ROLES of Jesus Christ in the verse:

JESUS in His role as SON of God, "I will write upon him the name of my God."
JESUS in His role as the FATHER, "I will write upon him my new name."

Therefore, what is this "NEW NAME" of GOD that nobody except the CHOSEN know it as revealed to them?
This does not refer to the future but ALL THE TIME for the chosen of God!

I have a few questions for everyone, I am sincerely interested to know:

1. Is tithing a good or bad thing to do for us?

2. Do you tithe? If yes, why? If no, why not?

3. How is your Pastor able to make a living? How does he get money?

I have a few questions for everyone, I am sincerely interested to know:

1. Is tithing a good or bad thing to do for us?

2. Do you tithe? If yes, why? If no, why not?

3. How is your Pastor able to make a living? How does he get money?

For No. 1

It depends. If we believe in the "letter" or the LITERAL interpretation of the word of God, then TITHING is good to these people. But, this is what "is written" regarding wheather the WORD is to be taken literally or spiritually:

* 2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

For No. 2

This is already answered in No. 1.

For No. 3

The answer also depends on the TRUTH in No. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back