Time Is Running Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
well - I made some basic assumptions - thinking people would understand what the post was about - I'm sorry, I should not have done that. Perhaps I should have worded it a little differently - anyway I am talking about not knowing when you are going to die and if, in God's eyes, you in the state of grace - not a lukewarm heart, which He will spew out of His mouth. Boy O Boy will I be glad when we are done with this thread !!!!

The unsaved fear death, as believers it's not something that should bother us or consider. Scripture says if we want long life full of good days then we keep our tongues from speaking guile.

Death has no more sting.

So your talking about people that don't know God? I am still not 100% clear what your asking here.

Blessings

The unsaved fear death, as believers it's not something that should bother us or consider. Scripture says if we want long life full of good days then we keep our tongues from speaking guile.

Death has no more sting.

So your talking about people that don't know God? I am still not 100% clear what your asking here.

Blessings
there are people who read here on this forum, any forum, social networking, a book etc. - Regardless of who posts what some people will get something out of it and others not - If I don't get something out of a post I don't think that means the post is not good - others can and will get something out of it. You can say you got a lot out of such and such a book and I can say I read it and didn't get anything out of it. For you there was nothing in the post that the Holy Spirit drew your attention to - that's good !!!

The enemy, in my opinion, should never be underestimated. I believe he has many people convinced they are saved when in fact they may not be - we call these people lukewarm - there could be a few of these people reading the post - hopefully a bell will sound in their heart. Perhaps 1000 people read this post on many different sites - mostly good feedback - even though it did not help them personally they saw value for others in the post.

there are people who read here on this forum, any forum, social networking, a book etc. - Regardless of who posts what some people will get something out of it and others not - If I don't get something out of a post I don't think that means the post is not good - others can and will get something out of it. You can say you got a lot out of such and such a book and I can say I read it and didn't get anything out of it. For you there was nothing in the post that the Holy Spirit drew your attention to - that's good !!!

The enemy, in my opinion, should never be underestimated. I believe he has many people convinced they are saved when in fact they may not be - we call these people lukewarm - there could be a few of these people reading the post - hopefully a bell will sound in their heart. Perhaps 1000 people read this post on many different sites - mostly good feedback - even though it did not help them personally they saw value for others in the post.

OK for the unsaved then. I think I get it now.

The unsaved fear death...

That's absolutely a valid point.

Perhaps a better way to put it, for believers to consider, is how 1 John 2:28 puts it:

Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.

The OP is a call for Christians to evaluate their priorities, challenging them if their focus is really on being a disciple of Jesus.

Then in 2 pages, somehow we get from that to accusations of devil worship, not being Christians, threats to "report," and (legitimately) wondering if we need to lock the thread because things have gotten so out of control?

Doesn't need to be this way, people!
According to Paul my priority here is fine Rom 16:17-18 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

This is not the first time I have read River's suggestion being we ignore scripture. Here, she has suggested God is a murderer and that we should ignore the teachings of Moses because it is quote '' a Jewish charter myth from the post-Exilic period''.

There is a better reason to report someone? Give me personal attacks any-day over heresy from a smooth talker

well - I made some basic assumptions - thinking people would understand what the post was about - I'm sorry, I should not have done that. Perhaps I should have worded it a little differently - anyway I am talking about not knowing when you are going to die and if, in God's eyes, you in the state of grace - not a lukewarm heart, which He will spew out of His mouth. Boy O Boy will I be glad when we are done with this thread !!!!

I find what Paul says very interesting. In all my years of being a Christian these verses have never hit home like they have in the last few months.

2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Paul sarcasm is classic. Sarcasm = pay attention. Unless we are ''reprobates'' we ''should'' be able to judge ourselves to be in Christ.

1 Cor 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Just think about this verse for a while. Let it sink in. Other translations include 'truthfully' after judge ourselves. If we would but judge ourselves truthfully, God will not judge us. Is this not the perfect line for witnessing to people in other religions?

Phil 12:2 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Again Paul is urging us to get on our knees and judge ourselves truthfully.

1 Cor 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Once more his sarcasm is classic. If anyone says we musn't judge, giving them this verse will give them something to think about all night lol.

Let's not do this.................. It could have been Satan, but we are not 100% told.

Exo_12:23 For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.
Isa_14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

God followed this Angel, and normally Satan just had to be told.
Rev_9:14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

It may have been an angel that has lost all sense and is kept bound. Satan has enough sense not to cross God.

However, I'll give you this one..... because I don't have an exact scripture.

God is not the destroyer nor does he murder men.

Stay on God's side.
I agree, just want to add 1 Pet 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

This verse sums it up for me. It does not say the devil is walking through the park eating grass. Simply typing ''lion devouring'' on youtube will give us a pretty good idea of what the devil is up too.

However, God is definitely behind everyones' death albeit He uses the devil / fallen angels. God gives the green light. Otherwise the devil would not be ''looking for whom he can devour''.

Last edited:
This is not the first time I have read River's suggestion being we ignore scripture.
Can you show where I said anyone should ignore scripture?

Here, she has suggested God is a murderer and that we should ignore the teachings of Moses because it is quote '' a Jewish charter myth from the post-Exilic period''.
I never said that we should ignore anything or that God is a murderer.

There is a better reason to report someone? Give me personal attacks any-day over heresy from a smooth talker
Maybe you should read more carefully and not be so on guard for anyone who dares to take a different position on something.

I agree, just want to add 1 Pet 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

This verse sums it up for me. It does not say the devil is walking through the park eating grass. Simply typing ''lion devouring'' on youtube will give us a pretty good idea of what the devil is up too.

However, God is definitely behind everyones' death albeit He uses the devil / fallen angels. God gives the green light. Otherwise the devil would not be ''looking for whom he can devour''.

God does not "Willingly" Give the "Green Light" as you put it. More or less that is what it is. Scripture says God murdered David's baby with sickness.

The revelation of Satan was not very strong in the OT. In Eph we see that the Satanic kingdom was revealed to us in the NT.

Col_2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Eph_3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God

Satan's Kingdom was not known to the people of the OT. So, by God's Judgement, it gave the entrance to the devil.

So though God had to Judge David and by that Judgement Satan wanted the child and had a place. It was not God's will, but God would be unjust if He did not Judge.

God said he does not willingly afflict men. It's never his will or plan.

God did not say he does not judge though and has to.

So that would be the green light.

Satan is constantly with his minions 24/7 seeking those of us they can devour. Satan does not wait on any Judgement of God but any entrance through fear he can take.

Paul used this...... Though Satan tried to kill Paul and stop the Gospel, when it came to a man caught sleeping with his Father's wife, Paul by the authority of the Lord Jesus turned the man over to Satan to be destroyed that His spirit might be saved in the end.

Paul turned this man over to the proper authorities so to speak. Not to teach him, but to destroy him.
It so happens the man turned and repented and lived and Paul said accept him that he not have over much sorrow.

That is sort of how it works. God kills nobody nor destroys. It's not the will of God any should die early.

Satan is still the enemy planing 24/7 to mess things up for us. We are told not to give him a place.

So, if your life was required of you, it would Mean not of God, but Satan has the right to kill you, because you gave him the right to do so.

Blessings.

Calling Moses's teaching a myth is not a different position, its heresy.
Ah yes...the accusations of "HERETIC!!!" If concluding that the Exodus is a charter myth is heretical, then a whole lot of Biblical scholars, Jewish scholars, and archaeologists are heretics.

That's a lot of people to accuse. You'd better get busy. :p

Attacking me for defending God's perceived murder of firstborns is translated as....?
Where did I attack you? For that matter, you still need to back up your previous accusations against me.

I posted the rule part I thought would make people realize, @KingJ and @MichaelH and @RiverJordan because they were fighting about things. I apologized to what I said. I really hope that @MrGroceries stays on this forum. I seriously think it's time to have this thread locked and never opened up again. Yes discussions do get heated , but not like this. I thought this forum was supposed to be fun, not to be full of people who can't talk things out. Anyway.....
Yes, CFS is a supposed to be positive and encouraging ...which this thread is not so it will be closed. Please do not start an similar thread.

So, if your life was required of you, it would Mean not of God, but Satan has the right to kill you, because you gave him the right to do so.

We are then in 100% disagreement. Who put the devil on earth?

God is omniscient. He decides to speed up or extend our lifespan. We only have power over that in as much as scripture like respecting parents hints at a long life. Christian common sense also tells us that if we are 'useful' to God He keeps us here for as long as possible. But to imply it is all our doing or the devil's is to suggest that God is not in control. You really support your statement here? Think on it,we can discuss further tomorrow.

Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back