Time Is Running Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
we don't see God as a murderer or someone that takes anyone's life. That is not what we are taught, but taught God is love and Loved us enough to send his son to die for us. We are also told who the murderer is and it's not God.
What about Genesis 19:29 (Sodom and Gomorrah)? Exodus 12:29 (killing the firstborns in Egypt)? Leviticus 10:1-3 (Nadab and Abihu)?

We could go on and on, but to say God doesn't kill people goes directly against scripture.

What about Genesis 19:29 (Sodom and Gomorrah)? Exodus 12:29 (killing the firstborns in Egypt)? Leviticus 10:1-3 (Nadab and Abihu)?

We could go on and on, but to say God doesn't kill people goes directly against scripture.
We have just dished out hidings for people skimming and replying ... Michael said murder. Unless you can prove God 'murdered' I think all would prefer a stupid discussion end right here.

Well, Michael did say "we don't see God as a murderer or someone that takes anyone's life". The word "or" there means "God doesn't take anyone's life".

But yeah, Michael probably meant "murder" in the legal sense. But ya' have to wonder....if you were an Egyptian parent who lost her firstborn son, and were told God killed him because the Pharaoh wouldn't release the Israelites, something you have absolutely no control over, you might come to a different conclusion about what happened. :unsure:

Well I don't really care what an un-repentant Egyptian woman thinks.
Ah yes....there's that Christian love I hear so much about! "Your son died? So what? I don't care cuz yer not a Christian!"

What do you think? Is God guilty of murder?
In simple terms, I think it's "history" written by a people with an agenda. In more complex terms, I think it's a Jewish charter myth from the post-Exilic period.

and there is your genius discernment. You clearly have no idea what a Christian is.

So in simple terms you disregard all the scripture about Moses...

Another post like this and I think I need to report you.

Ok guys. Let's calm down. No need to get upset. I have no clue what is being said, and to be honest, I don't care.

Maybe this thread needs to be locked so we don't get more mad.

Last edited:
and there is your genius discernment. You clearly have no idea what a Christian is.

So in simple terms you disregard all the scripture about Moses...

Another post like this and I think I need to report you.
See, there you go again....you simply cannot abide a different viewpoint than yours without immediately resorting to attacking a person's faith. It seems every single time we disagree on something, you just have to play the "you're not a Christian" card.

Yet here you are, saying you're going to report me? For what....straying from the KingJ-approved brand of Christianity?

Are you seriously versed enough to get into this with me? Best to stay with others that understand the Word on the same level. I talk faith with those who by reason of maturity have studied the Word for a long time.

The Destroyer Killed the firstborn, God watching over that it touch not the doors marked in lambs blood.

Who sends fire down from the heavens? Did not Satan burn up Job's sheep? Did not Jesus warn the disciples who wanted to send fire saying you know not what spirit you are? Do we not see Satan use the same fire trick in Rev?
Does not judgement bring entrance to the enemy? For God said thou art my Battle axe but yet I will send you to the pit.

Does God Judge letting the destroyer in by His will or by his righteous Judgement for disobedience?

Lam_3:33 For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

Did Paul send God on the man for infliction unto the death of the body who being caught in fornication with his Fathers wife? Or did Paul turn him over to the one that has always been given place when people disobeyed God?

For God said you will be cursed with a curse and I will smite thee with sickness................. If you hearken not unto the voice of the Lord God.
The English mistranslates passive Hebrew verbs (James Strong) as He said most things God said he caused, should have been allowed, but nonetheless if you stay on God's side then why fear early death?

Does God murder his own children?

Even if God really did murder men, you in that same category or putting us in that category of disobedience?

I think it best you discuss this with someone else, I really don't have time for it.

If you knew God and actually took time to seek him in His word and study, then you would agree with what Brother King said.....

God is not a murderer, nor murders his own. Brother King said it in a nice way, I am not so forgiving when it comes to accusations of the Father and you best know scripture if you get my attention Accusing God of anything.

Michael.....

Wow, I have to say I didn't expect you to respond by disputing that God killed anyone. I mean, it's pretty clear...

"And it came to pass, when God destroyed the cities of the plain"

"And it came to pass at midnight that n the LORD struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt"

Those aren't exactly ambiguous as to who is doing the killing. No mention of "And God had someone else do it for Him" or anything like that.

@KingJ and @RiverJordan you both are Christians. So, don't go attacking each other.

Rule 2.2 If someone disagrees with you do not immediately jump to the conclusion that they are not truly saved just because they disagree, there are differences of opinion in translating Biblical doctrine.

Wow, I have to say I didn't expect you to respond by disputing that God killed anyone. I mean, it's pretty clear...

"And it came to pass, when God destroyed the cities of the plain"

"And it came to pass at midnight that n the LORD struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt"

Those aren't exactly ambiguous as to who is doing the killing. No mention of "And God had someone else do it for Him" or anything like that.

I already gave the scripture to you Jordan....... God does not afflict willing....... NEVER is it his will to do so.

He did not send the fire, did not kill the firstborn.

He does have to judge though as it is written that God inflicted Davids Child unto death with sickness.

It says that, but did God really personally do that? NO.

The same scripture that says God caused David to number the troops also says elsewhere it was Satan that did.

Which one is right? Both are right for David was going to number them regardless and by Judgement Satan gained entrance.

The Moral of the Story Brother is to stay on God's side....................................

He did not send the fire, did not kill the firstborn.
Sorry, but the passage directly says otherwise. "the LORD struck all the firstborn".

It says that, but did God really personally do that? NO. The same scripture that says God caused David to number the troops also says elsewhere it was Satan that did.
So where's the scripture that says Satan killed the firstborns in Egypt?

Sorry, but the passage directly says otherwise. "the LORD struck all the firstborn".

So where's the scripture that says Satan killed the firstborns in Egypt?

Let's not do this.................. It could have been Satan, but we are not 100% told.

Exo_12:23 For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.

Isa_14:17
That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

God followed this Angel, and normally Satan just had to be told.

Rev_9:14
Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

It may have been an angel that has lost all sense and is kept bound. Satan has enough sense not to cross God.

However, I'll give you this one..... because I don't have an exact scripture.

God is not the destroyer nor does he murder men.

Stay on God's side.

e31.jpg

The OP is a call for Christians to evaluate their priorities, challenging them if their focus is really on being a disciple of Jesus.

Then in 2 pages, somehow we get from that to accusations of devil worship, not being Christians, threats to "report," and (legitimately) wondering if we need to lock the thread because things have gotten so out of control?

Doesn't need to be this way, people!

I posted the rule part I thought would make people realize, @KingJ and @MichaelH and @RiverJordan because they were fighting about things. I apologized to what I said. I really hope that @MrGroceries stays on this forum. I seriously think it's time to have this thread locked and never opened up again. Yes discussions do get heated , but not like this. I thought this forum was supposed to be fun, not to be full of people who can't talk things out. Anyway.....

I posted the rule part I thought would make people realize, @KingJ and @MichaelH and @RiverJordan because they were fighting about things. I apologized to what I said. I really hope that @MrGroceries stays on this forum. I seriously think it's time to have this thread locked and never opened up again. Yes discussions do get heated , but not like this. I thought this forum was supposed to be fun, not to be full of people who can't talk things out. Anyway.....

Well, I think We understand what is going on now. It has been clarified with the help of others.
Little lambs, why do you keep your God at arm’s length? What are you afraid of? Are you so sure that if I take your life today you would be acceptable in My eyes?

It was not clear who the Original OP was addressing here. I have no fear of anything and we are told to fear not 58 times in the KJV. The OP assumed that they were addressing people on a forum that do not obey God? It was hard to tell.
Then the comment about taking of life today and being acceptable.

That sounded much like some sacrifice and acceptable to who? The OP did not clear that part up either.

Jesus already gave his life to make us acceptable so I just assumed that since God is good then the person must have been speaking about the devil taking our life. Jesus said He was the one that was a murderer from the start, so I personally only had scripture to reference.

If you missed it, we recently had a couple Satanist show up here as I have replied to them. Not sure if they got banned or just did not come back but I think it be reasonable to at least question.

It may have gotten a bit heated but we know once we all understand what was happening then things calm down again. I think others jumping in explained it well enough.

Also God killing us rubs folks the wrong way if they see Our Father as good and on our side. God has shown nothing but mercy to us and even sent his son. We all be dead if we got what we deserved.

I think the back and forth questioning was reasonable enough. Could have been a bit better, but I think with the context of the OP it would have been expected.

Blessings.

Well, I think We understand what is going on now. It has been clarified with the help of others.

It was not clear who the Original OP was addressing here. I have no fear of anything and we are told to fear not 58 times in the KJV. The OP assumed that they were addressing people on a forum that do not obey God? It was hard to tell.
Then the comment about taking of life today and being acceptable.

That sounded much like some sacrifice and acceptable to who? The OP did not clear that part up either.

Jesus already gave his life to make us acceptable so I just assumed that since God is good then the person must have been speaking about the devil taking our life. Jesus said He was the one that was a murderer from the start, so I personally only had scripture to reference.

If you missed it, we recently had a couple Satanist show up here as I have replied to them. Not sure if they got banned or just did not come back but I think it be reasonable to at least question.

It may have gotten a bit heated but we know once we all understand what was happening then things calm down again. I think others jumping in explained it well enough.

Also God killing us rubs folks the wrong way if they see Our Father as good and on our side. God has shown nothing but mercy to us and even sent his son. We all be dead if we got what we deserved.

I think the back and forth questioning was reasonable enough. Could have been a bit better, but I think with the context of the OP it would have been expected.

Blessings.
well - I made some basic assumptions - thinking people would understand what the post was about - I'm sorry, I should not have done that. Perhaps I should have worded it a little differently - anyway I am talking about not knowing when you are going to die and if, in God's eyes, you in the state of grace - not a lukewarm heart, which He will spew out of His mouth. Boy O Boy will I be glad when we are done with this thread !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back