Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Edom (willful sin), and for four....

We are to hear His voice as He opens up the Scriptures to our understanding through those whom He sends to speak what they hear the Spirit saying. They will be seen as “strangers” at first…but we are to entertain them and their words…letting brotherly love continue…even if we do not initially believe in what we hear.

We are to receive the knowledge of the Truth: having the eyes of our understanding enlightened and tasting of the heavenly gift and being made partaker of the Holy Spirit (by hearing what it says) and tasting the good Word of God and the powers of the age to come. We are to be filled with what the Spirit is saying and rejoice in our hearts and give thanks to God for the meat of His Word.

Hebrews 6:4-10 KJV
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

But if we continue to sin willfully AFTER we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins. Those who will sin (speaking evil against what they hear) will crucify the Son of God afresh by counting the blood of the covenant (the covenant of brotherly love) as a common thing by vilifying those whom He sends (the sons of God). They will put them to an open shame by speaking evil…disesteeming the covenant of brotherly love that we are to keep as Jesus loved us and gave His life for us and we are to do the same for each other by having brotherly love toward one another

They will CONTINUE to crucify afresh in their unbelief without repenting of their willful sins.

(6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Those who will hear and believe what a brother says in the Spirit will bring forth the fruits of righteousness toward him. The Lord finds them “watching”…awake to His righteousness…and will receive blessing from God (eternal life). We cross over from death to life by loving those brothers sent to us by Him.

(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

But those who will bear bad things (thorns and briers) towards what they hear is rejected (reprobate) and is near unto cursing whose end is to be burned. There will be no more sacrifice for willful sins as their will be no remedy except a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries so that their spirits may be saved. They will suffer loss (the mortal body) so that their spirits (breath) may be saved as they will no longer be able to speak evil. Their breath shall cease from evil (going back to God who gave it).

(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
(9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

God is not unrighteous to forget our work and LABOR of LOVE which we will show towards His name….His authority…as we will DO His commandments towards those whom He sends (those saints).

(10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Again, whoever is angry without cause shall be in danger of the judgment. Wrath starts in the heart of men who will not agree with a brother may say….and the mouth will want to speak out in that wrath. We are told that the wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God and so we must OVERCOME. Sin lies at the “door” of our mouths but we must reign over it and be accepted by Him.

Matthew 5:21-26 KJV
(21) Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

A brother will speak what he hears the Spirit saying but then others will not agree with what is said and then they become angry and will want to speak out by calling him “Raca”….which means “empty head”. This is “killing” someone else: hating a brother in the heart and speaking out in evil against him instead of letting their words be “yes, yes” or “no, no”. Everything else that will come out of the mouth will be considered evil.

Men will speak out evil against what a brother may say by calling him “stupid” for what he says. This is not keeping the “law of Christ” to have love for another. The Law and the Prophets are fulfilled by having love for one another. This is the “Law” for us….the new commandment….the doctrine of Christ….the keeping of the daily sacrifice…the blood of the covenant: to let brotherly love CONTINUE at all times. If a brother sins against us, we are to rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them.

But if he does not repent and then proceeds to call a brother a “fool” again after being warned to keep the covenant of brotherly love, this is continuing to willfully sin. They are knowingly disregarding that covenant by which they are sanctified by after having been warned twice. They will be following after Cain who said “am I my brother’s keeper?” and will totally, willfully disregard the blood of the covenant by which we are sanctified…counting it as an unholy (common) thing that is easily broken.

(22) But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
(23) Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
(24) Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

We are to repent of our sins against a brother….QUICKLY…being reconciled with him before he will use the power that the Lord has given him to deliver them unto the Judge who will devour the adversaries with fire. The tongue is a fire that will set the whole wheel of life on fire…..and then their will be NO REMEDY until they have paid the uttermost farthing….death. The wages of sin is death to the mortal body so that the spirit may be saved.

(25) Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
(26) Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

We are to remember the examples of yesterday of disobedience. The Father sent His messengers to His people because He had compassion on them and His dwelling place (we are His temple). But they mocked the messengers of God….as they did not show brotherly love. They despised His words and misused His prophets until the wrath of Jehovah arose against His people and there was NO REMEDY.

2 Chronicles 36:15-16 KJV
(15) And the LORD God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place:
(16) But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

When a sinning brother repents after he has been rebuked, we are to forgive them.

Luke 17:3-4 KJV
(3) Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
(4) And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

When a brother will trespass against one that speaks what he is hearing the Spirit saying by calling them an “empty head” for speaking it, we are to go and tell him his fault privately. A brother who will hear (remembering the covenant of brotherly love) will repent and so a brother is gained.

Matthew 18:15-18 KJV
(15) Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

But if a brother will not repent and will continue to sin: repeating his name calling (calling a brother a “fool” for what he speaks), then we are to take with us one or two more.

In this case, the Law and the Prophets….to the law and the testimony. The law is not made for a righteous man but for a lawless and disobedient man who will not cease from His evil speaking…disregarding the covenant of brotherly love that he once professed to believe in. (1 Timothy 1:9-10) Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

(16) But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

If he neglect to hear them (the Law and the Prophets) and repent of his willful sin, tell it unto those who are gathered together and are hearing what the Spirit is saying. They that continue to sin willfully rebuke before all so that others may fear.

(17) And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican

In this way, the willful sinning brother who will not repent of his ways after being warned twice will have his sins bound in heaven where the Judge shall remember his sins and they will be delivered unto the tormenters and put in "prison".

(18) Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

1 Timothy 5:19-20 KJV
(19) Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
(20) Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Take one or two witness with you….the law and to the testimony (prophets). If they will not speak according to this Word, it is then because there is NO LIGHT in them.

Isaiah 8:20-22 KJV
(20) To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

They shall behold trouble and darkness. For those who are self-seeking and will reject the truth (by not doing it after being warned twice) and follow after their evil persistently , there will be wrath and anger.

(21) And they shall pass through it, hardly bestead and hungry: and it shall come to pass, that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and look upward.
(22) And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness.

If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one has risen from the dead. They will not keep the Lord’s covenant of brotherly love as He loved us and died for us.

Luke 16:27-31 KJV
(27) Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
(28) For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them,
lest they also come into this place of torment.
(29) Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
(30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
(31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

The third time is strike 3. If He comes again, He will not spare….as there will be no more sacrifice for continued willful sinning after being warned twice already.

2 Corinthians 13:1-8 KJV
(1) This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
(2) I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:
(3) Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.
(4) For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

We MUST examine ourselves whether we are of the faith and PROVE ourselves by repenting of our sins and doing good. If we do not repent of our sins after we have been warned twice (continued, willfully sinning) by a brother who speaks what Christ is speaking in him, then we are REJECTED (reprobates).

(5) Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
(6) But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.
(7) Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
(8) For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

Whoever is not found written in the book of life is to be cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:15 KJV
(15) And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

After the first and second “admonition”….the warnings to keep the covenant of brotherly love, they are REJECTED if they do not REPENT of their ways. The sinner will continue to sin and is self-condemned. He is REPROBATE....rejected silver which will stubbornly refuse to be refined. We who have believed in God are to be careful to MAINTAIN GOOD WORKS and not treat the blood of the covenant as a common thing by doing evil against a brother.

Titus 3:8-11 KJV
(8) This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
(9) But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
(10) A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

(11) Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

We are to hold fast the profession of faith. We profess our faith by having GOOD WORKS toward those brothers who will be sent to preach what Christ is speaking in them. FAITH WITHOUT GOOD WORKS IS DEAD as the body without the spirit is dead. Let us hold fast that profession of our faith without wavering.

Hebrews 10:22-31 KJV
(22) Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
(23) Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)

We assemble together in Truth….considering one another and exhorting one another unto love and to good works. Others instead create divisions and sinful enticements that oppose the teaching that we have learned. The teaching of Christ is to have love for one another. Some will forsake the assembling together of us in love as they will want to perpetuate the current denominations of men where there is envy and strife and hatred of one another.

(24) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
(25) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Some will continue to sin willfully after having received the knowledge of the Truth. They will have tasted the good Word of God and will have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit by hearing what it had to say. But they will continue their willful sin after being warned two or three times.

(26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
(27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under 2 or 3 witnesses.

(28) He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

A willful sinner will disregard the brotherly covenant (the LAW OF CHRIST) by treating the blood of the covenant as a common thing rather than revering and keeping it. A willful sinner will keep on speaking evil despite the breath of grace that speaks kindness towards his ears. A willful sinner will return evil for good and will NOT REPENT of his evil.

(29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

But we are not to render evil for their (the willful sinners) evil but give room for the wrath of God. We are not to avenge ourselves but let God be their Judge.

(30) For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
(31) It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

We are not to avenge ourselves but rather give place unto the wrath of God for vengeance is His and He will repay them for their willful violations of the covenant of brotherly love of which they had once professed faith for but did not prove themselves by having GOOD WORKS. Faith without GOOD WORKS is DEAD.

Romans 12:17-21 KJV
(17) Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
(18) If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
(19) Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
(20) Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
(21) Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

“Tyrus”…meaning “rock”…as they will harden their hearts against the brotherly covenant….will have their sins remembered. For THREE TRANSGRESSIONS of Tyrus and for four, He will not turn away their punishment. There will be no more sacrifice for willful sins….NO REMEDY.

Amos 1:9-12 KJV
(9) Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Tyrus, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they delivered up the whole captivity to Edom, and remembered not the brotherly covenant:

They will have left a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries….

(10) But I will send a fire on the wall of Tyrus, which shall devour the palaces thereof.

“Edom” meaning “red”…for wrath….will pursue their brothers with the sword of their tongues full of wrath and will cast off all pity for them as they will in their anger “tear perpetually” and keep their wrath. They will have been warned but will continue in their willful sins….for 3 transgressions and for 4, His judgment will not be turned away as the enemies shall have a fearful looking for judgment and fiery indignation which shall devour the adversaries….

(11) Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Edom, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because he did pursue his brother with the sword, and did cast off all pity, and his anger did tear perpetually, and he kept his wrath for ever:
(12) But I will send a fire upon Teman, which shall devour the palaces of Bozrah.

Back