Through God's Grace...

I am a very new Christian. I had lost my faith in God at a very young age, I think I was maybe around 12 or 13. Around the age of 15 or 16 I became interested in witchcraft, so I started looking into it. Around that time I had also started smoking marijuana. I was Pagan for 15 years (Wiccan to be exact, but now I know it's all the same... pure evil) and my life was a complete wreck. As an adult I was drinking, smoking marijuana and cigarettes, practicing witchcraft (which I honestly thought that I was only doing good), communing with the dead, and practicing divination. In 2007 I had made friends with a guy who was (and still is) very heavily into the Pagan lifestyle and vampirism. Intrigued by the subject of vampirism, I started getting into it myself. I didn't actually drink blood of others that I can recall, but I did what's called "psychic vampirism". Needless to say, I was going through a lot of spiritual warfare at that time.

In early 2008 I had moved to Joplin, Missouri and met my then husband (we are going through a divorce right now), and we both entered the marriage as unbelievers, though we were married by a pastor at his mother and grandmother's insistence. Before the marriage actually happened, I did something that I never thought I would ever do to anyone. I cheated on him once. I felt terrible about that, and never did it again. Some time after we were married, I told him about the sin I had commited against him. Our marriage ended up being very toxic. We were both drinking heavily, and we often said things unintentionally that would hurt the other.

On May 22, 2011 our world was turned upside down. I'm sure many of you have heard about the tornado that happened that day, as it was a natural disaster. My house was one of the ones that got destroyed by that tornado. It amazed me to see all of the volunteers, all from churches from all over the country, doing what they did not out of a selfish obligation, but because they wanted others to feel the love of God working through them. As my house was rebuilt, I met many wonderful people even though I can't remember their names right now. I'm terrible with names.

In early-mid 2012, one of my best friends had given their life to Jesus and we had many discussions about God. At the time I still considered myself Pagan, but was very interested in hearing the word of God to better understand why the volunteers would help people they didn't know. I wasn't ready to accept Jesus into my heart at that point because I still placed more value in the flesh, rather than in our Heavenly Father. I was still drinking, and my life was still a wreck, even though my house had been rebuilt by followers of Christ.

Later on that year, I started to really take a look at my life as it was in that moment. I started putting the pieces together and realized that my life was not good like I thought it was. I was not the person I had imagined myself growing into when I was younger. I was a shell, hollow inside. That was the moment I had decided to give myself to Jesus because I obviously had no control over my life and I needed help.

Then, early this year, my husband had admitted to me that he committed adultery against me at the beginning of this year and I had questioned my faith. I moved back in with my parents until I could get back on my feet, and I quickly started to revert to my old ways of smoking marijuana (I had quit while I was married). I had very bitter and unforgiving feelings toward my husband at first, but then I placed myself in his shoes. I had done the same thing to him before we were married, so why should I not forgive him?

I went to my sister's house with my mom and step dad for Christmas this year (the first Christmas I had been able to spend with my family in five years), and I honestly think my sister saved my life. She made me realize just how much I was questioning my faith, and she helped me to restore it. Now I live with her and her sons (ages 7 years through 7 months), and we talk about God on a daily basis, I read the Bible every day, go to church every Sunday, and sing my praises to Jesus daily. My life isn't perfect, but I think I am finally starting to live the life that God wants me to live, and I couldn't be happier! :)

So, that's my testimonial. :D

That must have been a very hard way of life, a very extreme one too, just imagine for 15 years.
but glory be to God for what He has done for you in your life, you are now set free!
God Bless you! Keep the faith (y)

It really was a very hard way of life. Not only for myself, but for those that I care most about because I hurt them a lot (unintentionally) by living that way of life. It still is hard sometimes to keep myself out of the mindset I once had, but I know I can do it with God's will, for He is good and knows what's best for all of His children. I am so excited to be starting this new chapter of my life. :)

Thanks for sharing your testimony! Amazing to hear stories like this.. God is good, all the times!! God bless you

I was so glad to put my testimony down to "paper". It feels good to tell people my story, so that those who were in the same situation as I was can read it, and maybe it will help. It seems like everyone here is very nice and supportive. :)

I was so glad to put my testimony down to "paper". It feels good to tell people my story, so that those who were in the same situation as I was can read it, and maybe it will help. It seems like everyone here is very nice and supportive. :)
Wait until you test someone's nerve :) All that glitters is not gold.. he he! :) But I find most of them very friendly.. Most of the disagreements are carried out in a constructive fashion.. But I have faced vew few rude people as well..

Wait until you test someone's nerve :) All that glitters is not gold.. he he! :) But I find most of them very friendly.. Most of the disagreements are carried out in a constructive fashion.. But I have faced vew few rude people as well..

Well, everyone has their days. :)

Wow! I really love your testimony. It just shows how much God’s love is unfailing and unlimited. He still had His hand over your life even when you weren’t serving Him. He is awesome and amazing.

Glad to hear your life is improving! Keep doing what you're doing and remember to pray and talk with God daily. Most important, confess your sins to Him, ask for Gods forgiveness, and give yourself and your life over to Jesus Christ. Your belief was lost at a very early age, so give it time and build your faith as you seek to live by the example of Jesus Christ. Bible reading and study, along with prayer and Christian fellowship will go a long way toward healing you and building you up. I'll pray for you.

Glad to hear your life is improving! Keep doing what you're doing and remember to pray and talk with God daily. Most important, confess your sins to Him, ask for Gods forgiveness, and give yourself and your life over to Jesus Christ. Your belief was lost at a very early age, so give it time and build your faith as you seek to live by the example of Jesus Christ. Bible reading and study, along with prayer and Christian fellowship will go a long way toward healing you and building you up. I'll pray for you.

Thank you for your encouraging words. :) I have found that it does help me a lot to pray and read the Bible everyday. I go to church at least every Sunday, if not on Wednesdays also, and I go to women's Bible study on Thursdays and Sundays with my sister. I have met so many wonderful people since I've been saved, including people on this site. :)

Wow! I really love your testimony. It just shows how much God’s love is unfailing and unlimited. He still had His hand over your life even when you weren’t serving Him. He is awesome and amazing.

Yes He is! My sister prayed for me to find God for years. I hope that I can reach others with a past similar to my own and show them how great God is. If anyone is interested, I have a link to my blog on my profile. I'm trying to chronicle my journey to Christ in hopes that others could relate and find Him too. :)

I’m glad you have decided to follow Jesus. Your testimony is amazing and should be shared with others. It shows that no matter who you are and what you have done He loves you anyhow. Some people think they have to be perfect or in a perfect situation to turn their life over to Him. It’s not an easy walk when you leave the world behind and built hope in faith. I’m glad you have your family and support going to church. you can really encourage others with your blog in your faith walk.

Back