1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Thought On Joyce Meyer?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by 福井舞, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Have you listened to her teaching before, what do you think?

I am interested to see what type of responses I'll get.
  2. I read one of her highly recommended books.. Then went back to reading my Bible.
    Ravindran likes this.
  3. really, which one did you read?

it sounds like you don't think much of her?

if so, what the reason?
  4. Battlefield of mind I think it was called.
  5. yes, I heard about that one, I hope I will get around reading it soon.
  6. Meh, I recommend sticking to the Bible.
  7. Joyce Meyer is a teacher, anointed by God---a woman who loves Jesus Christ and by her life and ministry exhibits Him.
  8. really, I am surprised you would think so.

can you elaborate?

I asked because as you know, many out there really detest her and call her the "poster girl" for prosperous theology, and put her in the same group as Joel Osteen.

I personally got a lot of help from some of her teaching....

but I also feel uncomfortable every time she says Jesus died so we can enjoy our lives....

I always thought it is exact opposite, that Jesus said anyone who follows Him will be persecuted, and God doesn't want us to get to comfortable in this world, because He wants us to look forward to our real home?

thank you

ps what do you think Joel Osteen?
    Where is the Messiah likes this.
  9. Detest---that's a very strong word.

She is a woman of God and teaches the word, and has an abundance of good common sense, based on her knowing the scriptures, that she has gained from her life's experiences where she is able to show what living our faith is all about. She encourages people to rise up and walk in faith, producing real fruit, and gaining victory.

Jesus did sacrifice His life, and because we have received Him, we may enjoy our lives and receive richness in living. She takes that from what John 10:10 says.

John 10:10 (AMP)
    The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

That does not negate the truth that we will experience troubles and persecution in life. In Christ, we rise above.
    Heart_for_Christ likes this.
  10. I have listened to her a couple of times and really don't care for her to much. Maybe its just her style. Now with Joel Osteen, I can say I don't like what he preaches. Joel always brings up arguments so I would say we stay away from that topic lol. One minister I do like is Andrew Wommack. I've listened to him since the mid 90s.
  11. Yes, he does.

If this thread goes in that direction it will be closed!
  12. Love Andrew, too!
  13. I haven't heard much of her teaching.. I heard she preaches a lot specific to women.. Which is not wrong by any means.. She ministers to a specific group of people.. I will certainly have theological differences with her.. I hope I am allowed to post these links.. I think these guys do lot of research and it is not just some false claims.. Go through and read this for yourself.. I won't claim Joyce Meyer as a false teacher simply because I haven't done enough research myself.. But I have stayed away based on what I have read online about her..

14. CARM is wrong in their research.
  15. Wrong in their responses or wrong in quotes from Joyce Meyer?
  16. They are wrong in their comments, and the quotes that are questionable (not all of them are!) are OLD.
  17. I believe, if you ask the Holy Spirit (1 John 2:27), you can learn from anyone, and learn what not to accept from their teachings. No one is perfect so we must MUST MUST filter anything and everything through the Holy Spirit to know what is truth. The devil will hijack the truth in the hopes you don't listen to the rest. Like meditation: the "gurus" took it and made it into a religion but the word of God says we're to meditate day and night in His word. Allow Him to guide you and you can hear the words of a pope or a politician and learn something the Holy Spirit wants you to learn.
  18. CARM often is, but I think they get things right sometimes as well. They are just wrong or incomplete often enough for me to stop using them as a source.

As for Joyce, I've heard she teaches some pretty solid things that are generally unpopular in most Christian circles, but I haven't spent a lot of time looking into her work.
  19. Yes, she teaches solid things---based on the word of God. I watch her every day and have been to at least three of her meetings. Jesus is extolled there.
  20. #20 Major, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    I have no dog in this hunt and have no need to be confrontational with any one. I only post the facts asI have seen them and allow the rest of you through the Holy Spirit to be encouraged one way or another.

I have read many of her teaching thesis's, books and observed her on DVD. I have as I hope all of you have, read her ministries statement of faith. I see some have rejected the comments from CARM. No problem there for me but I do think that everything must be considered especially when it is documented by the individual. Then one can read the actual quotes and determine whether it is Biblically right or Biblically wrong.

CARM makes the comment:

"There is a concern with the statement on "divine healing," since there are so many aberrant groups that also affirm divine healing but say Christians must claim it and people who are sick are in sin". It seems that CARM has a real problem with that teaching and so do I.

Then there is this comment: "If the Bible says that even Paul was checked by scripture, and that we are not to exceed scripture's teaching, then aren't we obligated to judge what Mrs. Meyer says against the word of God?"
    I have no problem with that question and in fact I would encourage anyone to check what I say to the Bible as well. Now, remember, YOU asked!

Actual comments from Mrs. Myers as documented on CARM's website and can be validated over the internet.......

Jesus stopped being the Son of God
    "He could have helped himself up until the point where he said I commend my spirit into your hands, at that point he couldn’t do nothing for himself anymore. He had become sin, he was no longer the Son of God. He was sin."

Now THINK!

Did Jesus ever stop becoming the son of God. Isn't the teaching here one that says Jesus stopped being divine. If not please correct my understanding of what I read. Whether you are a fan or a foe, you must know that this is an attack on the very nature of Christ and it is a dangerous false teaching. There is no place in Scripture that says Jesus stopped being the son of God.

Jesus was born again:
    "The minute that blood sacrifice was accepted Jesus was the first human being that was ever born again," (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neKsa_74w7k&feature=related)

This is just plain wrong. Being born again means to be saved from the wrath of God for a person's sins, to have a new birth, and to be regenerated. The idea that Jesus was born again is simply wrong biblically. This is a serious error since it implies that Jesus needed to be changed.

Now THINK!!!

Jesus paid for our sins in hell:
    "He became our sacrifice and died on the cross. He did not stay dead. He was in the grave three days. During that time he entered hell, where you and I deserve to go (legally) because of our sin. He paid the price there.” (The most important decision you'll ever make, by Joyce Meyer, second printing, may 1993, page 35)

This is blatantly wrong. Jesus did not pay the price of our redemption in hell. He paid the price on the cross. It was finished on the cross when he said, "It is finished" in John 19:30. But there is more to consider

Col. 1:20...........
    "and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven."

Col. 2:14............
    "having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us and which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross."

1 Peter 2:24......
    "and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed."

Consider all the things said to make yourself a workman who is accepted by God.
    Where is the Messiah and gonefishing say Amen and like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.