Thought for This Week

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
Thought for This Week

This week's message has been provided by our Associate Pastor in central Tennessee, Rev. D.M. Barry, D.D.

I love these verses that are in the Word to encourage and reassure us in our faith and that the Lord is our high tower:
2 Sam 22:3 "The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence".
Psalms 144: 2 "My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me."
Psalms 3:3 "But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head."

What a bodyguard of the soul. Is it no wonder that we can have a peace that passeth all understanding when we have a father like the Lord that can see all things, knows all things, and can do all things.

Thank God he is our watchtower that is constantly looking in every direction to keep us from danger. He is our high tower that keeps us lifted high above the enemies temptations. God is our fortress that defends our souls from the wiles of the devil. Praise God for his goodness to us. What a blessing it is to serve the Lord.

This week's message provided by:

Rev. D.M. Barry, D.D., Associate Pastor.
Central Tennessee
Content Copyright © 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Back