Theistic Evolution Biblical?

Discussion in 'Doctrinal Discussions' started by Seedsower, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. God bless you brother.

2. #123 Major, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Amos 3:7 does not mean that God gets the approval of the prophets before He does anything. It means that God revealed His intentions to those who are in fellowship with Him so then the prophet is a reliable and authentic witness to the coming judgment from God. That does not mean that the prophet understood what he said. It means he was obedient and truthful. The prophet is only doing God's bidding and giving out the message.

Recall Daniel 10:14.........
    "Now I have come to make the understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days for yet the vision is for many days".

Daniel had no clue to what he had seen or heard. The angel came to give him the understanding.

1 Peter 1:10........
    "As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look."

According to this view, it teaches that the OT prophets did not understand the meaning of their own prophecies. For this reason, it is said, the human and divine intent of Scripture cannot be regarded as one and the same.

I for one do believe that the prophets understood some the meaning of their prophecies, but IMO this does not mean they always understood all of the yet-to-be-revealed events surrounding the fulfillment of their prophecies. Again, it is TIME that reveals the true meaning of the prophetic Word.

3. Major, what the difference here. Everyone knows the Lord does not need approval for anything before he works. No one even mentioned that, so why are you bringing it up? The Lord does nothing until he first reveals what he is going to do to his prophets. Now, whether or not the prophets knew everything, or just a part makes no difference, as it was only given to them on a need to know base's. Which why Jesus did not need to know when his return would be, because his Father did not want the people to know at that time.

You are still missing what I said, or what the scripture said....

"....It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you..." The revelation given to these prophets by God was not for them to understand but us the Church!!!!
    The Prophets are always given "revelation" They don't just speak and then go dah!!!!

They had understanding of why they did not understand. Who gave that to them? God.

4. Exactly! Then why did you quote Amos in the 1st place???? I simply said that it did not apply and you just confirmed that.

You just said..........
    "They had understanding of why they did not understand".

I agree completely with that!

That is what I said originally in comment #118.

I think that we have hi-jacked this thread and we need to let it get back on course.

5. The prophets did not just prophecy, and then shake their heads in not knowing what was said. They all spoke with understanding of why they spoke, and to whom they spoke to.
    The prophets usually spoke to a person, a group of people, or to a nation. They usually understood, and interpreted what they said to the people of their day. These prophets who spoke about Christ, his suffering, and the glories that would follow were speaking to a people that would not even exist until after these prophets were long gone and dead, which is why they did not need to know what they prophesied about. The Lord God told them by revelation who these people would be. They never prophesied not knowing anything. Besides the Lord God does nothing until he first reveals it to his servants the prophets. That was God's choice, not anybody else's.

6. #127 Major, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Well, I am going to leave it with you. I do not agree with you but enough has been said on this subject.

7. The staff agrees. This thread is now closed because it has been repetitive for the last several pages and is going nowhere. If any participants wish to have it reopened, submit your request to any senior staff member and it will be taken under advisement.

Major likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.