Theistic Evolution Biblical?

Discussion in 'Doctrinal Discussions' started by Seedsower, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #101 CCW95A, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Evolution that man came into exist by some kind of progress over millions of years is simply "junk" science that is completely wrong. The spiritual world did not slowly over time come into existence or evolve as it was as everything else was created by Jesus Christ, and for Jesus Christ. :) Oh happy day!!

Col 1:16.. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

2. Amen!

3. Actually, IMO the false prophet knows more Scripture than others do. He has to in order to change it and turn it into his own devices.

4. The devil quoted God even from the beginning and did also when he tempted the Lord the first time "for a season" as he did viz the mouths of men who sought to "tempt him"
    I may not know all of scripture but the Spirit of truth abides in me and does so forever . By Him then " I know the spirit of error"

Jesus was the Word of God and was filled with the Word of God and the Spirit of God. The devil or his emmisaries never quote all the scripture or if they do it is always out of context and or missaplied.
    "little children" can be deceived . "Young men" less so . But there is coming a time when "if it was possible even the very elect would be deceived" That means that things will become so subtle that only the Spirit of God will be able to discern the true from the false. It has always been thus I think but clearly the times spoken here and already almost upon us the great need of the Holy Spirit of truth to be in full rule of our minds and hearts will be of the utmost paramount . and we need to be in the habit of leaning not upon our own understanding but to lean up on the Lord who will and does lead us into all truth .
    For neither the knowledge of Greek or Hebrew or indeed English alone will help us .

When you know the truth .Then no matter from which direction a lie comes from it will be seen for what it is .
    But let us not reduce the truth to knowing Jesus as our Saviour . For He is also Lord and King and what is "knowing Him who is from the beginning " if not the Creator also>?
    Those who think evolution has any merit let alone true need to consider the root or source of their belief .For faoth in God comes by understanding the Word of God ,not the words of men .

in Christ
    gerald

Complete likes this.
  5. 'Lo, this only have I found,
    that God hath made man upright;
    but they have sought out many inventions.'

(Ecc 7:29)

6. #107 CCW95A, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    The devil may know scripture but he has no revelation of it. Revelation is knowing the truth. Without revelation the truth is useless, and that knowledge will pass away, but revelation is eternal.
    False prophets do not have a clue about revelation, which is why they are false prophets.

7. 'Yet Michael the archangel,
    when contending with the devil
    he disputed about the body of Moses,
    durst not bring against him a railing accusation,
    but said, "The Lord rebuke thee".

(Jud 1:9)

With respect CCW95A, how do you know what Satan knows and does not know?
    Where the Bible is silent so should we be.

In Christ Jesus
    Chris

8. 1Pet 1:10. Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully,
    1Pet 1:11. inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories.
    1Pet 1:12. It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.

9. It is very easy to understand as light gives understanding, and life, where as darkness is simply not knowing, and brings death. The devil and all of his cohorts are in darkness, and are called, "the powers of darkness". They know what the scripture say, but have absolutely no understanding (revelation) of what they mean.

1Co 2:7.. No, the wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God—His plan that was previously hidden, even though He made it for our ultimate glory before the world began.
    1Co 2:8.. But the rulers of this world have not understood it; if they had, they would not have crucified our glorious Lord. (NLT)

10. I guess this is for me @calvin,

I thank you for that.

:)

11. Hi CCW95A,

You have made some good points here, but I still believe we should be careful what we say about these beings.

:)

12. Sister, the Bible is not something you just pick up and start reading, trying to figure it out on your own. It hast to be revealed by the one who spoke it out of his mouth which is God the Father. Without his guidance it is total useless trying to understand it.

13. #114 CCW95A, Apr 4, 2016
    There is no doubt many Old Testament prophets did not know the "time" or "person" they were prophesying about, but it was revealed (revelation) to them that it for us the Church that these things would be reveled in their fullness. So they were not in the dark of what they said. Even Jesus who is called a "prophet" did not know the day or the hour of his own return, but his Father did who was living inside him.

14. Well, it was not meant for you exclusively.

Complete and Major say Amen and like this.
  15. Yes that is true...just think how much more in the dark are those spirits who are not enlightened by the Holy Spirit.

16. #117 Major, Apr 4, 2016
    From my reading of @"Complete's" comments over time, I personally find her to be someone who has not just picked up the Bible and is trying to figure it out.
    I find her to be very compassionate, understanding and knowledgeable concerning the Scriptures and is very carful in the way she speak to others.

However, and I do say this with all respect in love for you, but I find that you tend to be somewhat judgmental towards those who do not agree with your opinion.

I do agree with your comment above and in fact I would add that to correctly understand the Scriptures one must be a saved person. But the way in which you produced it, IMO seemed to be aimed at @Complete personally and that is why I have stated my concern to you.

If I am wrong, please forgive.

17. How does your opinion square with 2 Peter 2:20-21.........
    "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

Martin Luther once said the following about the Old Testament prophets:

“They have a queer way of talking, like people who, instead of proceeding in an orderly manner, ramble off from one thing to the next so that you cannot make heads or tails of them or see what they are getting at.”

Now you may be totally correct in that the prophets knew and understood what they were saying. My thought however is that "time" is what gives understanding to prophecy.

It is my opinion that as mouth pieces for God, they gave out the revelation He gave to them without understanding all of what it was that He revealed to them. Then as TIME goes by, the words of those men then are understood as the thing they spoke about comers to be fulfilled.

But that is just me and you may be absolutely right.

18. #119 CCW95A, Apr 4, 2016
    Brother Major, I take no offensive to what you have said at all or any body. The most important part to "truth" also known as the Wisdom from above is "it is first pure" (James 3:17) meaning it will not compromise the truth no matter what the cost. This is one of the reasons Jesus was crucified, because he would not compromise the truth. Neither did any of his Apostles which is why they were all killed except for John.
    Not compromising the truth will almost all the time be seen as coming off as a know it all, or proud and boastful, which I am not. I am about as dumb as a pile of rocks, and could not lean any of this stuff on my own even if my life dependent upon it. The religious leaders of Jesus day hated him because he did not teach as they did, as he knew what he was talking about because his Father taught him. If God the Father teaches you something directly how sure are you going to proclaim it as true?

19. This is exactly my point. No one figures out prophecy on their own, it has to be "revealed" as "revelation". Can a false prophet proclaim error by the Holy Spirit? Don't forget God does nothing until he reveals it to his prophets first.

Amo 3:7.. Indeed, the Sovereign LORD never does anything until He reveals His plans to His servants the prophets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.