Theistic Evolution Biblical?

Discussion in 'Doctrinal Discussions' started by Seedsower, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #81 CCW95A, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    That is an easy answer, Jesus has already answered it for you, as Jesus said, "everyone who is of God hears God's voice, and every one who is not of God does not hear his voice."

calvin likes this.
  2. Good question. Please note that I am no expert in any way whatsoever. I am just an old country boy from Alabama who has not gotton over the fact that God loved me enough to die for ME.

It is my opinion however that the Bible says that God created living things “according to their kinds.” (Genesis 1:11, 12, 21, 24, 25)
    Now then, can variation occur within a kind? I would say Yes they can. However, does observed adaptation within a kind prove that eventually new kinds can evolve? No.

In the 1970’s, researchers studied finches on the Galápagos Islands. They noted that climate changes caused finches with slightly larger beaks to survive more readily. This, some concluded, provided evidence of evolution. But was it evidence of evolution, or was it simply adaptation? Years later, the finches with smaller beaks once again dominated the population. This experiment led Jeffrey H. Schwartz, a professor of anthropology, to conclude that while adaptation may help a species survive under changing circumstances, “it is not creating anything new.”
    (https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/life-designed-by-god-to-adapt/)

Off the coast of Croatia, in the Adriatic Sea, there are a number of islands. Near the island of Lastovo are several smaller islets. One islet, Pod Kopište, has long been home to a particular species of lizard, Podarcis sicula. In 1971, researchers moved five adult pairs of this species to a second islet, Pod Mrčaru. After some 36 years, researchers conducted a detailed study that indicated this introduced species had not only thrived, but had also undergone significant adaptive changes.

The lizards on the second islet, Pod Mrčaru, had longer, wider, and taller heads. In addition to the increase in size, there were also distinct changes in head shape. An increase in bite force was associated with these changes, which appear necessary to allow the lizard to adapt to a diet that is significantly higher in plant matter. (https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/life-designed-by-god-to-adapt/)

popsthebuilder likes this.
  3. Dear brother. Do me a favor. When you post a comment, please use the "REPLY" option on the individuals comment that you are speaking to.
    That way we all know who you are talking to and we can refrain from jumping a thread.

Abdicate likes this.
  4. If citing scriptures doesn't help, then you and I have nothing to talk about, for it is the very foundation of Christianity.

Seedsower and calvin say Amen and like this.
  5. What is your concern brother? Refresh me on what it is so I do not have to go back and read the whole thread.

6. But isn't it how we interpret those Scriptures. How many times have you and I read the same Scriptures and you came away with a different opinion than did I? Miracles?? Healing? Tongues?

I understand exactly what you are saying brother, but I also understand what "hoghead" is saying as well.

7. That is not the problem. The problem is the attitude of who cares about the scriptures as if it doesn't help. With that kind of thinking, and attitude nothing anyone can says will get through.

calvin and Abdicate say Amen and like this.
  8. Brother your attitude concerning how one understands scripture, which by the way comes by the Father through his Spirit seems to have escaped you. What happened in your life that has caused you to be so sour towards others, and the Word of God? I don't have to justify anything, that is not my job, that job belong to the Holy Spirit as Jesus has said, "Everyone who is of God hears his voice...."

calvin likes this.
  9. Most don't believe the word of God nor of its power. It's really difficult to find people who believe the word of God for what it says and not for what they think it means.

CCW95A likes this.
  10. I can not argue that point. Also, no one can understand the deep things of the Scriptures unless they be saved. It is and I know you will agree, that it is the filling of the Holy Spirit that opens the door of not only our heart but also our minds so that we can grow and learn.

calvin and CCW95A say Amen and like this.
  11. Agreed.

12. Since this is a Christian forum, we use the Word of God, and we talk about the Lord to share what we have learned by him. If you are not sure of what I say is true, then you have a problem. What you believe does not effect me in any way. What I believe does effect me, so you can either take what i say as truth, or disbelieve it, it makes no difference to me.
    The way you talk and respond to people on this forum shows those here that you really don't care what anyone says. Instead of trying to build people up, you are tying to tear them down, instead of trying to cause unity, you are bringing division. Why?

13. I am a preacher!!! You were a preacher at one time what happened? You should not make remarks about someone you don't know, or assume anything. Another thing I am not a "prophet" so, thus far you are not doing very good at knowing someone after the Spirit.

chili likes this.
  14. Yes that is right CCW95A.

15. So you would rule evolution out on the solid basis that what we see here is but a reflection of the eternal?

16. Yes that sums it up nicely.

17. Only, I think the heavens are to declare the glory of God
    Psa 19:1. To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
    It is all about God, not man's haughtiness.
    All too often unregenerate men glory in the heavens, but they are blinded by the god of this world so that they can not see the Glory of God.
    The heavens also testify of His righteousness.
    Psa 50:6 The heavens declare his righteousness, for God himself is judge! Selah.

It is interesting how some people take it upon themselves to be the sole judge of others, when there is really only one judge and that is the Lord God.

CCW95A likes this.
  18. Yes I agree. The gift of discernment is not limited to the twelve apostles nor even the early church fathers, but is given as a gift by the Holy Spirit to whomever it pleases Him.

Major and CCW95A say Amen and like this.
  19. Neither are you a false prophet..not by any healthy 'yard stick'

20. You're correct, false prophets do cite scripture. However, they also twist its meaning by taking it out of context, CCW hasn't done this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.