1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Theistic Evolution Biblical?

Discussion in 'Doctrinal Discussions' started by Seedsower, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theistic Evolution says that God created man by the process of evolution. There are many that believe this. My contention is that this view is not Biblical and undermines even the atonement itself! IMO this is a dangerous compromise and an unnecessary attempt to harmonize scripture with popular secular thinking. Any thought?

2. Blasphemy. Compromise. Denying faith in the power and glory of God as creator. Trashing the truth of scripture.
    Populist. Apostasy. Unbelief. Denying the truth of Genesis, and therefore the rest of the Bible...
    Psalm 139
    14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written,
    which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
    17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

The study of anatomy and the biology of the human body, along with animals, birds, fishes reveals not only the most amazing
    complexities of "design" to fit purpose but also mathematical ratios common to all. Psi and pi in particular is common throughout all of creation. The universe, the solar system, the Earth and all of biology is very much about mathematics.
    The Bible verses in the original languages are sealed by God through the pattern of arithmetic values called Bible Numerics.

Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Ratio
    One of the most famous sequences is the Fibonacci sequence, named after the Italian mathematician Leonardo Fibonacci. We start with 1, 1, … and every new number is the sum of the two previous numbers:
    1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, …

This mathematical pattern is replicated in biology: for example, flowers and their petal arrangements.
    It is also prevalent in geology and crystals, atomic structures and molecules.

Creation through evolution is a product of anti-Christ effort in the world.

KingJ likes this.
  3. While I personally do not believe in theistic (or a-theistic) evolution ... I am probably not as concerned about it. Most evolutionists I speak to are anything but theistic, and when they realize they have no answers to scientific arguments against evolution, they have the common response: "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" Socrates. As for theistic evolution ... I believe science complements scripture in showing that to be silly as well. If God used evolution (and He obviously had the ability to do so) ... the science behind evolution would be far less laughable. He made each "in its kind" ... which is a great argument for microEvolution (aka adaptation) and a great explanation of why there is virtually no verifiable transitional evidence. Simply understanding the absurdity of evolutionary science and the related huge degree of obvious fraud in the evolutionary community ... I believe it is an area where God shows His sense of humour. So while I don't know that anyone is "going to hell" for believing in theistic evolution ... they certainly need to go to a real science class.

Seedsower likes this.
  4. Theistic Evolution is just another attempt to cheapen God or remove Him and His glory! To prove this, one need only look at some of the constants in the universe and if they were changed (some) by only 0.0004% life wouldn't exist. There are something like 30 just like this. I'm sorry if I'm off on the numbers, this is from memory.

Major likes this.
  5. Thanks all for your replies. The reason I posted this thread was because I have encountered this vile teaching numerous times and it seems to be growing in popularity. It's good to hear Scripture defended.

6. Sorry....couldn't resist...

[​IMG]

Ravindran, Major, calvin and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  7. An outstanding picture of evolution as taught in education.

In evolution, at some time in the past, a fish decided to leave the ocean which was full of food and crawl up on the sand in order to get to a tree with fruit in it.

Then low and behold, somehow another fish saw him do it, saw him die and decided to do the same thing.

Eventually, that fish made it to the tree, gres hands and legs, lungs to breath, climbed that tree and sits in it today eating that fruit.

Now anyone who believes that, please email me as I have several ocean side lots in Arizona I need to sell.

Greg B, Ravindran and mikec711 says Amen and like this.
  8. Funny I have some great real estate for sale a little ways south of Miami for the same folks. I also wonder, how did "species preservation" "evolve". If you and I were some primitive link in the chain and you developed species preservation ... and a predator came along, you're run towards it to protect me. I'd run away (and might trip you first). So species preservation would die with you. But seriously, what evolutionists (most of whom are anything but theistic) fail to realize is that evolution did not create meaning, purpose, right/wrong, or anything along those lines. Best case, in an evolutionary creation (getting past all the bad science of it), we don't have free thought, meaning, purpose, love, hate, at all. We are just responding to stimuli. I applaud the atheists who have gotten past the Reader's Digest version of atheism and understand this. Their hero Nietsche spent the last 13 years of his life in an insane asylum because he came to grips with the culmination of his beliefs. Another historic atheist (Josef Stalin) showed he was a true atheist in that, just before he died, he shook his fist defiantly at God one last time. Once again proving the 2 main beliefs of atheism: 1. There is no God 2. They hate Him.

Major likes this.
  9. The real picture drawn is actually very telling.

Atheists hate a God that they do not believe exists. Ummmmm. Think about that for a moment.

10. I really don't see where scripture refutes evolution on some level. I also don't see why people must contend that science and scripture are at odds with one another.

Could any here clarify why the two don't work together, and please verify your opinion with scripture.

Thanks with humility and respect.
    Peace

11. There's no proof of evolution. If a fish became a man, where are the 10's of millions of transitions? Why did they stop? Why did they begin? It's hogwash. Evolution cannot explain sin or nobility. Evolution has no need of Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross. Don't waste your time. Study His creation and stick to the facts. Man threw evolution into the billions of years so they can claim nonsense. Even the leading evolutionists agree that the design is too complex for any theory to fit so they turn to aliens in galaxies so far away it'll never be proven. The truth is, they don't want God to exist so they can remain in their sins with impunity.

12. Man's attempt at explaining the spiritual using carnal analytical thinking always ends in error. Trying to reconcile the physical, and the spiritual together can only be done when God reveals his truth by his word.

popsthebuilder likes this.
  13. Ok, evolution is refuted from the first verse in The Bible. As for the second point both creationists and evolutionists look at the same evidence. The Bible and science are not at odds. You should visit www.creation.com or answersingeneisis.com and read some of the articles.

14. Rom 1:20.. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see His invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

Everything created in the physical realm declares to man the "invisible" realm through what was created in the beginning. In other words, the physical realm is simply huge "visual aid" given to spiritualy dead men who can not see the spiritual realm because he is spiritually dead. The physical world declares God's eternal power through the use of things created that can be seen with our eyes, even God's eternal power and God head. True science, and true revelation of God's word never ever contradict each other.

calvin and popsthebuilder say Amen and like this.
  15. Hi there,
    It is very easy to become side tracked by such issues as these. Many of Darwin's THEORIES have been disproven, but the popular media continue to promote evolution so that they don't have to believe in God the creator of heaven and earth. Matthew 25:4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps." The issue is not really how, but that (Isaiah 42:5) "...God the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it." In these days it is vital that we are filled with and inconstant communication with God the Father through the indwelling of His Holy Spirit that we not be found wanting when the bridegroom returns.
    Love and Peace

James

Seedsower and popsthebuilder say Amen and like this.
  16. So you are a new world creationist? Do you believe that when it says GOD formed all existence as we know it in 6 days, do you think I means literally 6, 24 hour periods? I mean; the sun was and moon where day three I think so the measurement for a day wouldn't have been around until then.

I agree that science and Faith in GOD are not at odds.

Peace

17. Yes I agree, but that doesn't really address the issue too much. Many aspects of evolution are sound in theory and I don't understand why there is such division between evolution and creation. Though the more extreme takes on either seems to be the exception.

Peace

18. Well, it comes down to which faith you're going to believe in doesn't it. :D

19. Which Faith? What do you mean?

20. hi, I at one stage intellectually was trying to reconcile the carbon/science dating with creation,
    the view being of course that God created but used millions of years of time and He couldn't explain that concept to sheep herding bible writers like moses and Abraham etc.
    But I have totally rejected that idea.
    To me,
    God created everything literally in the whole universe including man, dinosaurs, fish, galaxies, in six literal 24 hour days.
    It is ridiculous to claim Jesus walked on water, was transfigured, turned water into wine, healed thousands?, multiplied bread,
    rose from the dead and floated up into heaven
    without also saying He, God and the Holy Spirit have absolute control and power over the mirco atomic and cosmic size universe.
    When you see the SUN and Moon are the same size in the sky, despite the fact the sun is 400 times bigger and 400 times further away,
    God didn't let them just spin into position over billions of years, He took his hand and pushed them across the space to where He wanted them to be and then probably flicked a bit of the moon aside
    or the earth or the sun just to get the sizes and dimensions right.
    Flooding the Earth took power, the plagues on Egypt took power, and all the other things in the Bible,
    If you are Christian who believes in Evolution you believe in a lie, a lie done up with a bit of science to look reasonable,
    otherwise you have to explain away noah, moses, david, Elijah etc etc basically the whole Bible, millions of Jews, billions of Christians,
    don't even try, the few ratbag scientist who can hold up a good argument will soon be standing on the sea of judgement, how will they explain that away?
    You might say naturalist Attenborough has travelled the whole world and doesn't believe in God,
    you have to be dumb to see God's creation more than any human being who has ever lived and yet don't acknowledge a creator.

calvin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.