1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

The World Is A Mud Swamp

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by MrGroceries, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Please, don't take this personally - many will read it - for some it will give them some moments of reflection.

Very often you make exceptions, instant by instant you forget this Holy Guide and with amazing easiness, you submerge yourselves in the world like in a lake of calm and safe waters; but it's not like that: If you could see with the eyes of the soul, you would see that it is more like a very dangerous mud swamp full of alligators and reptile animals who are always stalking, and much more those who are God’s!

Children of light! Who are the ones they stalk the most because -understand it once and for all! They want to hurt Jesus’ Most Sacred when they damage His Children, and you give them the opportunity! Don't do it. Keep yourselves in your homes where you can pray, to intercede, to read, to learn, and to grow.
  2. Sorry bro....I like to go outside in God's creation. I like to hang out with my friends. Overall, I like to enjoy the precious gift of life that God has given me.
  3. hopefully you also like to do some of what it says in the last sentence.
  4. Of course I do, but I just can't imagine that God wants me to use my gift of life holed up in a house. If that were true, why bother created such a beautiful universe?
  5. I do all that you are saying in the last sentence. That's before I go outside and do my thing.
  6. the post is in the extreme to get people's attention - which it has done - it's just to check your bearings - that's all - it doesn't make any sense to take it as it is written because it's extreme - but it accomplished what was intended and that's a good thing.
  7. I love solitude, and the moments of quiet reflection where I can just stop, be at peace, and consider the things of God (that moment is what my avatar's all about!)

But I have to say, as much as I love solitude, I have personally found that I can do all these great things (pray, to intercede, to read, to learn, and to grow) the best when I do them out of my home, with my community of believers, and for my community of unbelievers.

The truth for me has been that it's my own heart that's the mud swamp, and it comes with me into my own home. Getting out, being actively part of the lives of committed believers as well as equally committed unbelievers is what keeps me accountable.

I do appreciate the sentiment; avoid temptation, focus on God. I just, personally, don't see how being at home gives the mean ol' gaters any less opportunity to strike. For me, getting out is what holds me the most accountable.
  8. good !!!

9. That's what you're asking, right?
  10. the post has accomplished what it was intended for - to check your bearings which you have done - praise the Lord!!!
  11. be careful of the world - it's dangerous - God's enemies are there - be aware of them - pray, meditate, and read spiritual material to strengthen you

12. That's GREAT advice. I will do that.
  13. While there is room for the cloistered, there is also room to go out and do good. Just look at the march for life that took place this past Wednesday -- could that have taken place as demonstration from our homes?

And what about the role of fellowship?
  14. the post is written in the extreme to make a point - it's to check your bearings. I am not advocating everyone hide "in a closet" only to take a few moments to reflect. read the top sentence of the post.
  15. I gotcha -- I suppose I misunderstood that point.

If the statement is in regards to watching your step in the world so you don't fall into it, then I do agree. There's a line to be drawn.
  16. yes - you are correct
  17. #17 ixoye_8, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    that is exactly what satan wants ..
    (unless you are a newbie, then that is good advice)
    to not go out into the world and preach Jesus risen ..

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
    Mat 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
    Mat 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

God started preparing us from long ago ..
    I feel no reluctance in giving my wittiness, or inferiority of my wittiness to anyone representing satans will ..

God Bless you as you call upon His name ..
  18. what is written is certainly drastic - The idea here is to present the extreme and in doing so get people to think about the time they spend in the world and the amount of time they spend doing the things said in the post - it's an encouragement to spend more time away from danger (if in fact the person reading this does so) and more time nurturing your spiritual life.

O Good Jesus, shelter me from the evil one, shed Thy dew upon me to calm my soul, and dwell in me fully, that I may wholly love Thee. Amen
  19. IF you are wearing the full armor of God (notice it is God's armor not yours) ..
    then the world does not seem very dangerous ..
    nor can you be hurt or defeated spiritually ..
  20. the post isn't going to be helpful to some - but there are visitors to the site - perhaps some "lukewarm" Christians who will benefit. That's why the first sentence is "Please, don't take this personally - many will read it - for some it will give them some moments of reflection." I think it's good for us to check our bearings occasionally.