The Word of God

How does one compromise the Word of God? How is faith displayed in this action? Where is fear? How does God view fear and worry and doubt and unbelief?

Let's look first at what God said....
AND THE Lord said to Moses, Send men to explore and scout out [for yourselves] the land of Canaan, which I give to the Israelites. From each tribe of their fathers you shall send a man, every one a leader or head among them.
Numbers 13:1‭-‬2 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/num.13.1-2.AMPC

Here's the report that the spies brought back...
So they brought the Israelites an evil report of the land which they had scouted out, saying, The land through which we went to spy it out is a land that devours its inhabitants. And all the people that we saw in it are men of great stature.
Numbers 13:32 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/num.13.32.AMPC

Let's take a gander at what happened to the Israelite when they did not act upon God's Word and grumbled against Him.....
And the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, How long will this evil congregation murmur against Me? I have heard the complaints the Israelites murmur against Me. Tell them, As I live, says the Lord, what you have said in My hearing I will do to you: Your dead bodies shall fall in this wilderness–of all who were numbered of you, from twenty years old and upward, who have murmured against Me, [Heb. 3:17-19.] Surely none shall come into the land in which I swore to make you dwell, except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun. But your little ones whom you said would be a prey, them will I bring in and they shall know the land which you have despised and rejected. But as for you, your dead bodies shall fall in this wilderness. And your children shall be wanderers and shepherds in the wilderness for forty years and shall suffer for your whoredoms (your infidelity to your espoused God), until your corpses are consumed in the wilderness. After the number of the days in which you spied out the land [of Canaan], even forty days, for each day a year shall you bear and suffer for your iniquities, even for forty years, and you shall know My displeasure [the revoking of My promise and My estrangement]. I the Lord have spoken; surely this will I do to all this evil congregation who is gathered together against Me. In this wilderness they shall be consumed [by war, disease, plagues], and here they shall die. [I Cor. 10:10, 11.] And the men whom Moses sent to search the land, who returned and made all the congregation grumble and complain against him by bringing back a slanderous report of the land, Even those men who brought the evil report of the land died by a plague before the Lord. [Heb. 3:17-19; Jude 5-7.] But Joshua son of Nun and Caleb son of Jephunneh, who were among the men who went to search the land, lived still.
Numbers 14:26‭-‬38 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/num.14.26-38.AMPC

Notice that the two who believed in the Lord and His ability to keep His Word and give them the land He promised was theirs....we're accepted by the Lord and no harm came to them. Yes they had to endure the 40 years of wandering in the desert...but they also were able to enter the promised land where the other 10 died.

Sooooo, how does this apply to today's time? Even though God has given us grace....He still expects us to obey His ways and live by every Word that comes forth from His mouth. ....those precious Holy Words that He by His Holy Spirit has brought forth and wrote in a book so that you and I could read them and pattern our life after them. Words so precious and anointed....many people died to protect them.

So what say you? Are you willing to forsake your flesh and natural desires and live by His Words and ways? Making His word final authority? Putting your faith in Him, His Word and His ways?

Blsssings

Likewise, you who are younger and of lesser rank, be subject to the elders (the ministers and spiritual guides of the church)–[giving them due respect and yielding to their counsel]. Clothe (apron) yourselves, all of you, with humility [as the garb of a servant, so that its covering cannot possibly be stripped from you, with freedom from pride and arrogance] toward one another. For God sets Himself against the proud (the insolent, the overbearing, the disdainful, the presumptuous, the boastful)–[and He opposes, frustrates, and defeats them], but gives grace (favor, blessing) to the humble. [Prov. 3:34.] Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you, Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. [Ps. 55:22.] Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour. Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset–rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace [Who imparts all blessing and favor], Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the dominion (power, authority, rule) forever and ever. Amen (so be it).
1 Peter 5:5‭-‬11 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/1pe.5.5-11.AMPC

How does one compromise the Word of God? How is faith displayed in this action? Where is fear? How does God view fear and worry and doubt and unbelief?

AND THE Lord said to Moses, Send men to explore and scout out [for yourselves] the land of Canaan, which I give to the Israelites. From each tribe of their fathers you shall send a man, every one a leader or head among them.

So they brought the Israelites an evil report of the land which they had scouted out, saying, The land through which we went to spy it out is a land that devours its inhabitants. And all the people that we saw in it are men of great stature.

Let's take a gander at what happened to the Israelite when they did not act upon God's Word and grumbled against Him.....
And the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, How long will this evil congregation murmur against Me? I have heard the complaints the Israelites murmur against Me. Tell them, As I live, says the Lord, what you have said in My hearing I will do to you: Your dead bodies shall fall in this wilderness–of all who were numbered of you, from twenty years old and upward, who have murmured against Me, [Heb. 3:17-19.] Surely none shall come into the land in which I swore to make you dwell, except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun. But your little ones whom you said would be a prey, them will I bring in and they shall know the land which you have despised and rejected. But as for you, your dead bodies shall fall in this wilderness. And your children shall be wanderers and shepherds in the wilderness for forty years and shall suffer for your whoredoms (your infidelity to your espoused God), until your corpses are consumed in the wilderness. After the number of the days in which you spied out the land [of Canaan], even forty days, for each day a year shall you bear and suffer for your iniquities, even for forty years, and you shall know My displeasure [the revoking of My promise and My estrangement]. I the Lord have spoken; surely this will I do to all this evil congregation who is gathered together against Me. In this wilderness they shall be consumed [by war, disease, plagues], and here they shall die. [I Cor. 10:10, 11.] And the men whom Moses sent to search the land, who returned and made all the congregation grumble and complain against him by bringing back a slanderous report of the land, Even those men who brought the evil report of the land died by a plague before the Lord. [Heb. 3:17-19; Jude 5-7.] But Joshua son of Nun and Caleb son of Jephunneh, who were among the men who went to search the land, lived still.

Notice that the two who believed in the Lord and His ability to keep His Word and give them the land He promised was theirs....we're accepted by the Lord and no harm came to them. Yes they had to endure the 40 years of wandering in the desert...but they also were able to enter the promised land where the other 10 died.

Sooooo, how does this apply to today's time? Even though God has given us grace....He still expects us to obey His ways and live by every Word that comes forth from His mouth. ....those precious Holy Words that He by His Holy Spirit has brought forth and wrote in a book so that you and I could read them and pattern our life after them. Words so precious and anointed....many people died to protect them.

So what say you? Are you willing to forsake your flesh and natural desires and live by His Words and ways? Making His word final authority? Putting your faith in Him, His Word and His ways?

Blsssings
Blessings Cturtle,
That's it isn't it !
I mean God had Already Said He Had Given the land to them. Now this is God saying and giving.

All they had to do was follow the Father's instructions and those giants would have fallen in defeat and fled the land.

But no mam, they gave their focus unto the Giants and fear and doubt set in and stole not only their promised land but their lives. Cut short, cursed and Dead far too early.

If one is honest and looks around and examines their own life, how much of the same is found concerning the promises of God in their lives today.
Blessings
FCJ

Likewise, you who are younger and of lesser rank, be subject to the elders (the ministers and spiritual guides of the church)–[giving them due respect and yielding to their counsel]. Clothe (apron) yourselves, all of you, with humility [as the garb of a servant, so that its covering cannot possibly be stripped from you, with freedom from pride and arrogance] toward one another. For God sets Himself against the proud (the insolent, the overbearing, the disdainful, the presumptuous, the boastful)–[and He opposes, frustrates, and defeats them], but gives grace (favor, blessing) to the humble. [Prov. 3:34.] Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you, Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. [Ps. 55:22.] Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour. Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset–rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace [Who imparts all blessing and favor], Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the dominion (power, authority, rule) forever and ever. Amen (so be it).
1 Peter 5:5‭-‬11 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/1pe.5.5-11.AMPC
Love this scripture. Thank you sister for the encouragement and reminder!

Blessings.

As you have therefore received Christ, [even] Jesus the Lord, [so] walk (regulate your lives and conduct yourselves) in union with and conformity to Him. Have the roots [of your being] firmly and deeply planted [in Him, fixed and founded in Him], being continually built up in Him, becoming increasingly more confirmed and established in the faith, just as you were taught, and abounding and overflowing in it with thanksgiving.
Colossians 2:6‭-‬7 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/col.2.6-7.AMPC

Blsssings

Good question.

The request from the people for the spies shows a lack of Faith in God's Word. They did not trust Him. You see, God had already been in the Land and spied it out. He knew all about it. The point IMO is that He would not have sent the people into the land unless He knew that they could take it.

So the question is the same now as it was then. Are we really walking by faith. Have we not only accepted Christ but have we "committed" ourselves to Him?????

Psalms 37:5........
"Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him, and He will it to pass".

That IMO seems to be the biggest problem in Christianity.

Back