The Watchman

The Watchman

The Watchman is the name of my blog where I discuss various Christian topics such as Evolution vs. Creation, Godly Music, Revival, Christians In The News, Etc. You are are welcome to check it out and let me know what you think.

Any critisism is completely welcome. I need opinions to make my site better. Thanks guys.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick,

You are proud to be a Fundamentalist? But did you notice the forum rules and that this is essentially a Pentecostal forum?

Fundamentalists usually hold Pentecotsals are possessed by Satan. In the first Fundamentalist convention held in the early 20th century that was the official position. When Dr. Merril Unger, an ardent Fundamentalist, became the leading academic authority in demonology, he quickly went on to assert the position that Pentecostals and Charismatics are demonically possessed, a counterfeit form of Christianity actually representing the occult, teachers of the doctrines of demons, liars, blind in error, enmeshed like insects in a spider web of demonized religion, etc. etc. etc.

So, do you believe we are possessed by Satan?? I think you should make that clear.

Also, I think you should realize that many Christians would shun your pride in Fundamentalism. The Baptist historian, Dr. Bruce Shelly, in Church History in Plain Language, notes the Fundamentalists as "militant right-wing churchmen who oppossed all accommodation to contemporary culture." The main movements in Protestant Christianity since WWII have been Evangelicalism and Pentecostalism. Fudamentalism is virtually a dead movement, with Jerry Falwell essentially being a last hold out. Shelly notes the Evangelical Movement began as a reaction against Fundamentalism being too radical.

However, another thing Fundamentalists condemn is the expression of emotion in the worship of God.

M Paul

Back