The US govenrment seems to be stockpiling food

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
Hmm, and I wonder why?

I may start stockpiling food - not only food for my family but for my pets too, like bird seed, and meats, and maybe even grains and oats if I purchase a horse any time soon.

Well, I do know that the shelves in the store have been rather bare lately--for weeks at a time.

I haven't been to the store lately, but I have been meaning to.

Ever since this recession started, people are disappearing from the stores. Wal-Mart used to be packed full of people. Now when you go in there it is deadly quiet.

But, I noticed a lot of people buying canned foods. Whether its the Feds or regular citizens, people are stocking up. I agree. I'm not taking any chances because we don't know how low this is going to go.

Hmm, and I wonder why?

I may start stockpiling food - not only food for my family but for my pets too, like bird seed, and meats, and maybe even grains and oats if I purchase a horse any time soon.

Well be careful what you stock pile cause once I put some bird seed under the kitchen sink to find it all over the place next day. I found out I had mice... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well be careful what you stock pile cause once I put some bird seed under the kitchen sink to find it all over the place next day. I found out I had mice... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'll probably zip lock it. Until rats find out how to unzip plastic bags I think I am O.K.

If you want to keep it away from rats and mice, use a big Tupperware container with a snapping lid, or a 5 gallon pail with a snapping lid. And keep it outside, they can still smell it. Then the only thing you have to worry about is the raccoons getting it. Given enough time, they can pick a lock to get what they want.

And I believe the best and fastest way to create a food shortage is for most people to start stockpiling food. Then there won’t be any left for the ones who can’t afford to stockpile any food.

I am not trying to start a panic. I simply plan on buying a few extra cans of the things I use each time I shop. They do not go bad and I am going to buy them anyway. Just because the Government is buying heavy does not necessarily mean trouble as they keep stockpiles anyway- It does however generally signal a price increase in a market already foolishly depleted by an inefficient use of corn in Ethanol. Honestly this is something I wanted to do for a while anyway.

Right Bo, I started my stash about six months ago. I call it our "pantry" my son calls it our "apocalypse stash." 150 pounds of flour, 25# of sugar canned goods, water etc. Probably enough for about four months. It never hurts to be prepared for an emergency in normal times and these aren't normal times. The government has so completel;y screwed up our economic system that it is near collapse.

Like I say, as long as they can borrow and spend their way out of trouble and buy votes, the process will continue. Our system runs on one thing - confidence. If anything destroys the confidence, the ability to borrow and spend will stop - then the pain starts. This has always been true ever since politicians found out that they can buy votes with money borrowed from citizens and foreign countries - a practice which seems impossible to stop. I had some hope when Gingerich had his "contract with america" and they passed the balanced budget amendment, which Clinton Signed into law. They also passed the line item veto, which would have saved us hundreds of billions of dollars - but the liberal court system threw it out as "Unconstitutional." I've afraid I have once again lost my hope that our economic slide will be stopped.

Larry II

Back