The truth of regeneration by God!

The truth of regeneration by God!

Titus 3:5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

When someone is renewed by the Holy Spirit, are they ever the same? Are they still the old creature just with a new spirit? This is what people fail to embrace or even to know because they have been manipulated into thinking that they are saved because of one confession. James 2:19 saysThou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” So what is confession of him doing if we don’t obey him as the Lord of our lives? Yes, we may struggle at times but by the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit, one should not stay the same as they were before they were converted. If you confess Christ and no change happens and within weeks you conform back to the world, then what regeneration can you have or for that matter did?

Matthew 7:22)Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Now consider that these were people who thought that they where zealous for the Lord but in reality they were fake: Now imagine how much more all those MANY people who say Jesus is my Lord, my King, my Savoir, and are going to hell because they failed to realize or recognize that absolutely no change occurred in their being, in the way they lived. They loved the world and hated God through their actions. They themselves were goats in so called sheep clothing. They may have tried to act holy in front of people fronting all the daylong but then in private they reek of vanity and they are completely separate from God.

The worst thing about it is that they have absolutely no clue that the Love of the Father, the love of Christ, the love and admiration for what is right, and pure, and holy is not in them at all! Do you see the danger of ignorance, do you see the power of Hosea 4:6 being manifested so clearly in today’s world. My people, my fellow Christians, I say this not to put doubt in any of your hearts, but I stress how important it is to try ourselves and not by our own understanding, but by the word of God. Has there been change, and I mean seeable change in you by the regeneration of the Holy Spirit? If you say no, and you are the exact same or the only thing different you do is go to church every Sunday, you are in trouble and you need to cry out to heaven, asking the Almighty, Our Lord, to Change you. The fact is that repentance, which we are brought to by the grace of God (2 Timothy 2:25), has to change our nature and the very core of our being because by nature we are haters and despisers of God through our actions regardless of how much we confess Christ, by nature we are reprobate to every good work, that is until good through the power of Christ and the Holy Spirit cause a complete reconfiguration of our very being and nature.

The Devils do indeed believe that there is one God, but they do not believe with saving faith. James is here in 2:19 addressing mere professors of faith. People who just assent to the fact that there is one God. The only effect that this belief has on the devils is that they tremble, or shudder. They know of the judgement that is to come.

For example, I believe that Caesar Augustus lived and that in 14AD he died. I believe it, but I place no faith or trust in the fact that he lived or died. My belief in him has no effect on my life. It just means that I know something about Roman life in those times and may admire/dislike what I know of the man.

So, intellectual belief in Christ's life and death, without an effect on the life is simply intellectual assent and has no saving faith. Many with intellectual belief admire Christ, and some dislike him.

Those who know the Lord Jesus, approach the living God with confidence.(Heb. 4:16). We may hold God in awe, but we do not shudder at the thought of Him.

Our faith must have some effect on our lives. James goes on to show how Abraham's faith resulted in his being willing to sacrifice his son. Rahab demonstrated her faith by assisting the spies.

Many true Believers tell me, and I can understand this, that they have done more repenting after their Salvation than before. Why? Because the Spirit of God in the life of the Believer reveals SIN to them. We begin to hate sin and to want to be free from it. We must turn away from wickedness (2 Tim. 2:19) We pursue righteousness (2 Tim. 2:22) as a positive action.

We may not as yet be perfect but we may test our true faith through our consciences. Rom. 2:15 tells us that we Gentiles who know the Lord have consciences that bear witness. Unbelievers have minds and consciences that are corrupted. There actions deny any knowledge of God. (See Titus 1:16).

Anyway thanks Copper15 for raising this subject. I am often very concerned with the "Anything goes" attitude in the Church today. The cost of being a Christian is verfy seldom preached.

That is why today many call themselves christians but in reality have not been touched by God and given a new birth and a new life, being transformed by the Holy Spirit. Instead they are still the enemy's captive, they are still blind and lost. They need the Almighty's touch which effect is eternal.

Back