The True Gospel

What's your understanding of why Jesus came?
God made man, man separated from God when they first sinned, and Jesus Christ (or God in human form) was sent as a sacrifice so we can now build a relationship with God. That is my understanding of the Gospel. But I am not done with the Bible yet.

I think that the Gospel that Jesus spoke was the Gospel of the Kingdom of God.
Yes, that's right. He couldn't possibly have been speaking of something that hadn't happened yet. But everything changed after Jesus rose from the dead. He told his disciples point blank, "You are my witnesses". A witness testifies to what they saw with their own eyes.

Reactions: Juk
Thanks, I only want the truth. The man that wrote the article gave a whole lot of Biblical evidence.
"biblical evidence" misapplied is still falsehood. Every single heretic that wanders in here and spouts some rediculous nonsesnse has loads of scripture to support his views. He just uses the scripture in ways and circumstances that the original authors never intended.

The "gospel" (good news) is this: Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and if you obey Him you will be able to also.

Yes, that's right. He couldn't possibly have been speaking of something that hadn't happened yet. But everything changed after Jesus rose from the dead. He told his disciples point blank, "You are my witnesses". A witness testifies to what they saw with their own eyes.
So when we "witness", we tell people our story of our relationship with Jesus? If so, I definitely do need to wait before I start that, which I definitely want to do. My story so far isn't too great. I was born into Christianity but I got serious about it through the scare tactics of a youtuber. But I am glad I did. Jesus is the best thing that ever happened to me. I am waiting for the blessings to come as a keep my faith and trust in him.

"biblical evidence" misapplied is still falsehood. Every single heretic that wanders in here and spouts some rediculous nonsesnse has loads of scripture to support his views. He just uses the scripture in ways and circumstances that the original authors never intended.

The "gospel" (good news) is this: Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and if you obey Him you will be able to also.
I guess I got tricked then.

God made man, man separated from God when they first sinned, and Jesus Christ (or God in human form) was sent as a sacrifice so we can now build a relationship with God. That is my understanding of the Gospel. But I am not done with the Bible yet.

(y) Stick with that, and you won't be fooled by a fake gospel.

The "gospel" of the article you posted is that if you follow all the rules your whole life, you will earn your way into becoming part of God one day! A gospel without Jesus is no gospel at all. Keep it simple, and you'll recognize the truth when you see it, and a lie when you see it.

(y) Stick with that, and you won't be fooled by a fake gospel.

The "gospel" of the article you posted is that if you follow all the rules your whole life, you will earn your way into becoming part of God one day! A gospel without Jesus is no gospel at all. Keep it simple, and you'll recognize the truth when you see it, and a lie when you see it.
Thank you :)

But I am not done with the Bible yet.

I like how you say "But I am not done with the Bible yet," because even once we know the gospel, we still spend our whole lives letting it transform us. I wish more people would spend their lives saying "But I am not done with the Bible yet" instead of thinking they know it all already!

So when we "witness", we tell people our story of our relationship with Jesus? If so, I definitely do need to wait before I start that, which I definitely want to do. My story so far isn't too great. I was born into Christianity but I got serious about it through the scare tactics of a youtuber. But I am glad I did. Jesus is the best thing that ever happened to me. I am waiting for the blessings to come as a keep my faith and trust in him.
Yes, "witnessing" really means giving our testimony about why we believe Jesus rose from the dead and why that matters to everyone.

I would say that you seem to be "in training" at the moment, and should at least be "apprenticing" with someone. In the meantime, stick with just telling anyone who asks that you have faith in Jesus and they should respect that. Everybody's on a journey, even atheists, so any of them who tell you they have a lock on truth are not being honest with themselves.

Yes, "witnessing" really means giving our testimony about why we believe Jesus rose from the dead and why that matters to everyone.

I would say that you seem to be "in training" at the moment, and should at least be "apprenticing" with someone. In the meantime, stick with just telling anyone who asks that you have faith in Jesus and they should respect that. Everybody's on a journey, even atheists, so any of them who tell you they have a lock on truth are not being honest with themselves.
Sounds good :) I think that I am the apprentice of the Bible.

Well, it doesn't actually need one... I am the student of the Bible :)

Remember, Satan "has the Bible" too. You need experienced Christians as mentors. This is what much of the NT is about.

Sounds good :) I think that I am the apprentice of the Bible.

That's a good thing! But having mentors is very important too. One of the most important messages of the New Testament is that we're not on our own, each of us is just one part of the "body of Christ," and we need all of the other parts to work properly together (1 Cor 12:12-26). We all need to be apprentices of one another -- you need some mentors, and some people need you for their mentor.

That's a good thing! But having mentors is very important too. One of the most important messages of the New Testament is that we're not on our own, each of us is just one part of the "body of Christ," and we need all of the other parts to work properly together (1 Cor 12:12-26). We all need to be apprentices of one another -- you need some mentors, and some people need you for their mentor.
I like the sound of me being a mentor, but I'm not ready for it yet.

I like the sound of me being a mentor, but I'm not ready for it yet.

It is a lot of responsibility. The hardest thing to do, but the only way to grow, is by not just learning about the Bible, but putting that knowledge into practice in your life. When you have strong Christians you respect to look up to, you have an example of what "putting it into practice" looks like, and it makes it a LOT easier. Eventually, you'll just notice that someone is looking up to you, too:)

Back