1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

The trinity and everything biblical about it!

Discussion in 'Biblical Advices' started by JesusLovesAll, Aug 2, 2010.

1. The trinity and everything biblical about it!

This warrants its own thread, I know ones been posted recently trying to explain the trinity, but this website is just WOW!
    It has pretty much everything scripture about the trinity, good if you wanna go through the scripture.
    Trinity In the Scriptures
  2. Here's one people tend to miss: (not listed there either)
    Genesis 1

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

So here you have Father who created . And the Spirit who moves .

Genesis 3

7And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
    8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
    9And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

Here see .. the Lord .. The Voice of God is walking .. he is there when we sin . and is He accusing? no . He is just asking questions .. if you read on . He doesn't blame us . blame is a part of the fallen condition which results in judgment .. James speaks of this .. and so did Jesus in Matthew's gospel regarding meting out judgment .

And here you have the voice of the Lord God walking .. when does a voice walk? for this reason sometimes i sub the word voice for word when reading John Chapter 1 .. the voice of God became flesh and walked among us .

So here in the first three chapters of the bible you have the three persons of the one God and something key to their personality illustrated .

Cool website . really good resource . thanks for posting it . def bookmarking it .
  3. Michael Collum,

re: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...So here you have Father who created."

I don’t see where verse 1 says that it was the Father that did the creating. It merely says "God". John 1:3 seems to suggest that it was the Word that did the creating.
  4. Yes but you must take every verse in the full biblical context . whenever "God" is used in the new or old testament it refers to the Father . Since Jesus is the Voice of God and in length the fulfillment of all who were called "the mouth piece of God" . it fits .

Romans 4:16-17

16Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.

So in the same way you cannot separate you . and your voice .

(as it is written by your words you will be acquitted and by your words you will be condemned)

You cannot separate the Voice (or Word) of God and God .

the two are one and the same . yet, since the distinction is made by the text ..

i make the same distinction .
  5. Look in the early chapters of the book of Acts and you can find a sufficient statement of faith about Jesus who was annointed by God with the Holy Spirit and with power and about how he died for your sins and rose again and this message when preached had miracles following. I never saw miracles follow the reading of the Apostles Creed which was hammered out some 300 years later.