The Trial of our Faith

All "sickness" is "linked" to "sin". All "sin" is linked to "Satan". All "affliction" is linked to "Satan"

"Affliction"
means
thlípsis; gen. thlípseōs, fem. noun from thlíbō (G2346), to crush, press, compress, squeeze, which is from thláō (n.f.), to break. Tribulation, trouble, affliction.
The complete opposite meaning of affliction is "to comfort"

Who is the "comforter"?

All "sickness" is "linked" to "sin". All "sin" is linked to "Satan". All "affliction" is linked to "Satan"

"Affliction"
means
thlípsis; gen. thlípseōs, fem. noun from thlíbō (G2346), to crush, press, compress, squeeze, which is from thláō (n.f.), to break. Tribulation, trouble, affliction.
The complete opposite meaning of affliction is "to comfort"

Who is the "comforter"?

YHWH- For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody. (Isaiah 51:3),

who is...

Father- 2 Corinthians 1:3-Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

Son- Isaiah 61: The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,a 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

Holy Spirit
- John 14:16- And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

One of many examples of the Trinity ONE IN ACTION.

YHWH- For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody. (Isaiah 51:3), who is...

Father- 2 Corinthians 1:3-Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

Son- Isaiah 61: The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,a
2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

Holy Spirit
- John 14:16- And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
I made a little "mistake" and posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry :) But good reply!

What is the most "valuable" reward that the Lord God can give to any being?

Pro 3:13.. Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding,
Pro 3:14.. for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold.
Pro 3:15.. She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

There is no reward more valuable than "Wisdom". Where does it come from?

Pro 2:6.. For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;

Wisdom proceeds out of the mouth of God. What is "Wisdom"?

Pro 14:33.. Wisdom rests in the heart of a man of understanding, but it makes itself known even in the midst of fools.

Wisdom is "understanding". Understanding of what? God's Word, in how he lives moves, thinks.
What did Jesus say about the man who hears the Word of God and understands it?

Mat 13:23.. As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty."

The only person who prospers from the Word of God in any trial of tribulation, or in anything is the one who hears and "understands" it. This is "Wisdom". It is more valuable than gold silver, or precious stones. There is nothing anyone EVER WILL receive from God that is better than this!!!!! THis is the ultimate of all rewards. We receive this Wisdom in this life, not the next!!!!!

As Jesus said, "Wisdom is justified by all her children"

Jas 3:17.. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.
Jas 3:18.. And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

The man who has the true Wisdom from God (from above) exhibits all of these qualities while going through trials and tribulations. These are Wisdom's children that testify to the man who has, that it is real. Trails and tribulations come because of it to the man of God to see if it is truly real. Of course it never fails. This greatest reward is given to men and women of God in this life.

What is the most "valuable" reward that the Lord God can give to any being?

Pro 3:13.. Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding,
Pro 3:14.. for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold.
Pro 3:15.. She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

There is no reward more valuable than "Wisdom". Where does it come from?

Pro 2:6.. For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;

Wisdom proceeds out of the mouth of God. What is "Wisdom"?

Pro 14:33.. Wisdom rests in the heart of a man of understanding, but it makes itself known even in the midst of fools.

Wisdom is "understanding". Understanding of what? God's Word, in how he lives moves, thinks.
What did Jesus say about the man who hears the Word of God and understands it?

Mat 13:23.. As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty."

The only person who prospers from the Word of God in any trial of tribulation, or in anything is the one who hears and "understands" it. This is "Wisdom". It is more valuable than gold silver, or precious stones. There is nothing anyone EVER WILL receive from God that is better than this!!!!! THis is the ultimate of all rewards. We receive this Wisdom in this life, not the next!!!!!

As Jesus said, "Wisdom is justified by all her children"

Jas 3:17.. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.
Jas 3:18.. And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

The man who has the true Wisdom from God (from above) exhibits all of these qualities while going through trials and tribulations. These are Wisdom's children that testify to the man who has, that it is real. Trails and tribulations come because of it to the man of God to see if it is truly real. Of course it never fails. This greatest reward is given to men and women of God in this life.

Eternity with him is the greatest gift God can give us above all gifts and rewards.

Sherry, what is more rewarding, living forever with God, or living forever "knowing" the Lord God up close and personal? Why is "Wisdom" the most "valuable" reward any man could ever possibly receive from the Lord is because Wisdom is "understanding" the person who lives inside you. When the Lord God gives you understanding of his Word, he is actually "unveiling" himself to you, as God is the Word. Wisdom is understanding the Lord in how he thinks, works, and moves. The reason why "Wisdom" is the most important thing in your life is because.........

1Co 1:24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

Jesus Christ is the "Wisdom" of God!!! Does that mean God is giving us a little more of Jesus when gives us Wisdom? No. What he is doing is giving us understanding of who this person is who is living inside us.

T
Sherry, what is more rewarding, living forever with God, or living forever "knowing" the Lord God up close and personal? Why is "Wisdom" the most "valuable" reward any man could ever possibly receive from the Lord is because Wisdom is "understanding" the person who lives inside you. When the Lord God gives you understanding of his Word, he is actually "unveiling" himself to you, as God is the Word. Wisdom is understanding the Lord in how he thinks, works, and moves. The reason why "Wisdom" is the most important thing in your life is because.........

1Co 1:24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

Jesus Christ is the "Wisdom" of God!!! Does that mean God is giving us a little more of Jesus when gives us Wisdom? No. What he is doing is giving us understanding of who this person is who is living inside us.
The greatest gift that God gave man was Jesus whom brought salvation with him which leads to eternity with God our creator, only if we accept his son as savior.

T

The greatest gift that God gave man was Jesus whom brought salvation with him which leads to eternity with God our creator, only if we accept his son as savior.

I agree with both of you. Wisdom is knowing and loving the Father and Jesus Christ whom He sent, and this is also eternal life. So wisdom, knowing Jesus, and having eternal life are not three gifts but one, all wrapped up in Jesus.

Who is made unto us Wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption. We are complete in Him, who is ALL IN ALL (I need a dancing icon to insert here)

I agree with both of you. Wisdom is knowing and loving the Father and Jesus Christ whom He sent, and this is also eternal life. So wisdom, knowing Jesus, and having eternal life are not three gifts but one, all wrapped up in Jesus.

Who is made unto us Wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption. We are complete in Him, who is ALL IN ALL (I need a dancing icon to insert here)

Here!

Back