The Tree Of Knowledge And Good And Evil.

I've always thought it was an apple hence 'adams apple'. But yes I've done a quick googling and it does not mention in the bible what the fruit was.

I don't want to offend anyone because I think you're generally a nice group of people but I still think it's harsh he kicked us out of paradise.

And instead of sending his son Jesus to suffer for us (although many people have before and since suffered far worse) couldn't he have simply let us back in?

there are two trees that have special mention:
Genesis 2:9
New International Version (NIV)
9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 3:21-24
21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[a] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

my opinion only, am relating the sequence to this verses:

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.[a]

Last edited:
I don't want to offend anyone because I think you're generally a nice group of people but I still think it's harsh he kicked us out of paradise.

And instead of sending his son Jesus to suffer for us (although many people have before and since suffered far worse) couldn't he have simply let us back in?
Nope. He is our father and he kicked us out for our own good.

We can't go back into eden with our sinful bodies. That's why God has to give us new bodies, because the life that is in us, our blood, is corrupted. That's why we need to trust in the blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit to make us new people, in this life and the next. :)

All these questions come because you are trying to define nature of God in human terms.. Did God did not know that.. And so on.. Everything we define as an attribute of God - wisdom, power, etc - It is always in human terms.. But we should understand God is beyond that.. God is most holy.. He is what holiness is.. Only if we can grasp that thought, we can appreciate why Adam and Eve had to vacate the garden..

Only if we can grasp that thought, we can appreciate why Adam and Eve had to vacate the garden."

I can grasp the thought, it is the feeling that I lack. I guess you would call it "the holy spirit."

Well for them yes, but not now... there's no obedience you can DO to get to heaven...

Except accepting Jesus Christ as our saviour right?

I can grasp the thought, it is the feeling that I lack. I guess you would call it "the holy spirit."

Except accepting Jesus Christ as our saviour right?
Well, yes, but having the lingo down is a far cry from understanding its implications.

Back