The Travel Thread

I will be going 3000 miles to the deep southern state of GA in 4 weeks. I will post some pics when I get back. A lot of people call it the Bible belt

Out of curiosity, I Googled Bible belt and I found out that the most Baptist state in the world is in India and it's a state called Nagaland. This makes me want to visit there some time soon. :D

I was blessed to visit and live in countries like India, UAE, Kuwait, France and Australia. I enjoyed Melbourne and Paris with my wife after our wedding. It was a very late honey moon. I have few other places in mind and I am so looking forward to making some exciting trips.

Out of curiosity, I Googled Bible belt and I found out that the most Baptist state in the world is in India and it's a state called Nagaland. This makes me want to visit there some time soon. :D

I was blessed to visit and live in countries like India, UAE, Kuwait, France and Australia. I enjoyed Melbourne and Paris with my wife after our wedding. It was a very late honey moon. I have few other places in mind and I am so looking forward to making some exciting trips.

See if you can make it also the Florida Everglades...

The Everglades are for the adventurous sort. I've yet to meet anyone who lives here who has spent any time in the Everglades that they were not forced to do. Considering it is a pretty short car ride from my house, I've never felt compelled to get any closer than I have to.

I can canoe and kayak in my own back yard since I live not far from the Wekiva river. I'm not much for Air Boating, but I've spent enough time in and on lakes and rivers that the Everglades doesn't really offer me anything unique that I'm interested in. Though, I did almost buy a house on the very edge of the Everglades once, but the loan fell through because the bank didn't have faith that the structure would remain stable.

So the birds and animals there don't interest you?

Actually: canoeing the Peace River was a frequent weekend for me....Know it?

I'm not an animal person. I like nature, but I'm not well versed enough in it to know the differences between what I would find in my area verses what I'm going to find an hour down the road. I do take a great interest in exotic vegetation, but for the most part it is the same situation. There isn't much in the everglades that isn't already fighting its way into my yard. Really, as interesting as it might be to some, it's basically just an extension of my back yard for me. I'd rather travel some place that has things I'm less familiar with....like cherry trees or lilacs. I never get to experience those living here.

Back