The Town of Bethlehem celebration

The Town of Bethlehem celebration

I've volunteered myself to help out with the church for the celebration this year. The pastor's wife said she needed big guys to be the Roman soldiers, and me being the tall, broad shouldered handsome man I am, I told her I would be one of the Roman soldiers. The Roman soldiers are supposed to just stand there like the current British soldiers do and not move a muscle. The only problem is the past 2 years I've gone there without volunteering, I was making funny faces at the Roman soldiers at the time trying to make them smile or laugh. Now I'm afraid some kid is going to do the same thing to me, and I really can't get mad at it because I was the punk trying to heckle the soldiers.

So keep that in mind just in case someday you're in their shoes. I just know one of those guys is going to be there, taunting me, laughing at my outfit, making monkey faces -- and the only thing I can do is stare. :eek:

My wonderful father in law is talking about bringing a camera and have all my kids all around me smiling while I stand there like a statue.. I'll upload a pic of that. ;)

Bad news brother the average Roman soldier was about 5' 6" tall.:p
O would still like to see the picture!:D

Bad news brother the average Roman soldier was about 5' 6" tall.:p
O would still like to see the picture!:D
Yeah, I'm 6'3" though... And not Italian. :p I'll be a misplaced tall Polack/German soldier. :rolleyes:

I'll upload the pic on Sunday or Monday...... As long as you promise not to laugh at my white chicken legs. :D

Yeah, I'm 6'3" though... And not Italian. :p I'll be a misplaced tall Polack/German soldier. :rolleyes:

I'll upload the pic on Sunday or Monday...... As long as you promise not to laugh at my white chicken legs. :D
"Let your yes be yes and your no be no"
Lead us not into temptation, brother. :D
I'm just pullin your chicken leg:eek:
Sounds like alot of fun to me. If the kids heckle ya, just wait till their backs are turned and heckle them. Then, when everyone starts laughing and they turn around to see if it was you, you freeze again like you haven't moved.

I've volunteered myself to help out with the church for the celebration this year. The pastor's wife said she needed big guys to be the Roman soldiers, and me being the tall, broad shouldered handsome man I am, I told her I would be one of the Roman soldiers. The Roman soldiers are supposed to just stand there like the current British soldiers do and not move a muscle. The only problem is the past 2 years I've gone there without volunteering, I was making funny faces at the Roman soldiers at the time trying to make them smile or laugh. Now I'm afraid some kid is going to do the same thing to me, and I really can't get mad at it because I was the punk trying to heckle the soldiers.

So keep that in mind just in case someday you're in their shoes. I just know one of those guys is going to be there, taunting me, laughing at my outfit, making monkey faces -- and the only thing I can do is stare. :eek:

My wonderful father in law is talking about bringing a camera and have all my kids all around me smiling while I stand there like a statue.. I'll upload a pic of that. ;)

Looking forward to seeing that picture....... LOL

Back