The smell of rain

The smell of rain

I bet this has been posted, but in case it hasn't, here it is without the pictures. If somebody has it with pic.'s feel free to poast it below mine so people can see all the baby photo's.
A good friend of mine had a baby this young, she's doing great. She was smaller than a pop can when she was born. This story didn't bring tears to my eyes...no way...I'm to tough...OK maybe not :) .

The smell of rain
At the end of this story, it gives you two options. I think you will figure out what option I chose.

A cold March wind danced around the dead of night in Dallas as the doctor walked into the small hospital room of Diana Blessing. She was still groggy from surgery.
image001.jpg

Her husband, David, held her hand as they braced themselves for the latest news.
That afternoon of March 10, 1991 , complications had forced Diana, only 24-weeks pregnant, to undergo an emergency Cesarean to deliver the couple's new daughter, Dana Lu Blessing.
image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

At 12 inches long and weighing only one pound nine ounces, they already knew she was perilously premature.
image005.jpg

Still, the doctor's soft words dropped like bombs.

'I don't think she's going to make it,' he said, as kindly
as he could.
image006.jpg

'There's only a 10-percent chance she will live through the
night, and even then, if by some slim chance she does make it, her future could be a very cruel one'

image007.jpg

Numb with disbelief, David and Diana listened as the doctor
described the devastating problems Dana would likely face if she survived.

image008.jpg

She would never walk, she would never talk, she would probably be blind, and she would certainly be prone to other catastrophic conditions from cerebral palsy to complete mental retardation, and on and on.

image009.jpg

'No! No!' was all Diana could say.

She and David, with their 5-year-old son Dustin, had long
dreamed of the day they would have a daughter to become a family of four.
image010.jpg

Back