The reduction of the Gospel.

To which are we born?of heaven or of earth?
A new born child deficates and feeds.it is tolerated that he has as yet no self control.
What is tolerated in a new born is not in a child.
What is tolerated in a child is not in a teenager.and what maybe tolerated in a teenager is not in an adult.
The new life we have is expected to grow from little children to "ye fathers" 1 John.
"Folly in a wise man is as a fly in the ointment"
There is much folly in children.
The famous excuse for sin is often quoted I Romans. But never much the last bit. "Thanks be unto God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ "
True it is the devil often points us to our failures and sin and true it is we are not what we would like to be.But I can say in reply I am not what I was and by the grace of God "he will perfect that which he has started"
I fear that while all that you have said sounds reasonable enough. It is not enough.
For we make too many excuses for our sin when God has given us the means the way and the word to overcome all.
"If we walk in the Spirit we shall not fulfill the lustre of the flesh" Romans.
I implies that while yes the body is still subject to sin and death.
We are to live in the Spirit where the flesh is kept under or in subjection to the Spirit.
We are not called to be partakers I think you will find we are partakers of the divine nature. How can it be otherwise if we are indeed truly children of God begotten again of the father?
In Christ
Gerald

It is probably just me, but I am having a problem trying to make sense out of what you are saying. The fact is that I am saying nothing which the Scriptures have not already stated.

The Bible says we are born with a nature to sin–an inward motivation to sin. We don’t learn to sin; rather, it comes natural to us since birth. When we come into this world, our spirits are dead and we must be born again.

John 3:3-7..........
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

The flesh and the spirit are in continuous war. The human body is not evil per se, but we do have an old nature with its continuing tendency to sin and rebellion against God. It is this old flesh nature or self that wars with the Spirit.

Galatians 5:16-17.................
"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. "

When we were born again, a change in direction and disposition took place in our lives. We are now a “new creature” according to 2 Cor. 5:17. We now have a new direction, new disposition, new attitudes, etc. toward God.

2 Corinthians 5:17.............
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. "

Even though we are a new creation, we are not totally new. We still have in us an inclination toward sin, and we will until that day when “we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is” as told to us in 1 John 3:2.

We do have “native tendencies toward evil” which consists of those old characteristics or attributes which incline the believer toward sin. It is our old nature or old self that we still retain even though we have experienced spiritual regeneration.

In the work of the Holy Spirit, this old nature is progressively being held down and the new nature is being “nourished” and perfected. That process is called sanctification.

It is probably just me, but I am having a problem trying to make sense out of what you are saying. The fact is that I am saying nothing which the Scriptures have not already stated.

The Bible says we are born with a nature to sin–an inward motivation to sin. We don’t learn to sin; rather, it comes natural to us since birth. When we come into this world, our spirits are dead and we must be born again.

John 3:3-7..........
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

The flesh and the spirit are in continuous war. The human body is not evil per se, but we do have an old nature with its continuing tendency to sin and rebellion against God. It is this old flesh nature or self that wars with the Spirit.

Galatians 5:16-17.................
"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. "

When we were born again, a change in direction and disposition took place in our lives. We are now a “new creature” according to 2 Cor. 5:17. We now have a new direction, new disposition, new attitudes, etc. toward God.

2 Corinthians 5:17.............
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. "

Even though we are a new creation, we are not totally new. We still have in us an inclination toward sin, and we will until that day when “we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is” as told to us in 1 John 3:2.

We do have “native tendencies toward evil” which consists of those old characteristics or attributes which incline the believer toward sin. It is our old nature or old self that we still retain even though we have experienced spiritual regeneration.

In the work of the Holy Spirit, this old nature is progressively being held down and the new nature is being “nourished” and perfected. That process is called sanctification.

My dear Brother Major Greetings,
I enjoyed this wonderful post and the truth that you have displayed before us here in this post. However there is one area that ( to me ) is lacking a tad a skosh just a little bit. ;)

This is the part here - " Even though we are a new creation, we are not totally new. We still have in us an inclination toward sin, and we will until that day when “we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is” as told to us in 1 John 3:2."

Yes Major I do believe this and yes I know it is scripture - the point I want to bring is simply this - Three simple ways or procedures via His word not only can BUT WILL make this sin inclination null and or void in your life - our choice - here is what I mean -
Galatians 5:16 and Romans 12:2 and 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

(( Get His word in you each and every day and speak His word each and every day ))

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

(( Begin to practice the words you speak and thoughts you think for our thoughts and words do control how we act or react and believe. Our own words do more to influence our thinking then most of everything else. ))

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

(( The more you do the first two the more you will begin to walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed to say the least. ))

All done through the Grace of God
who maketh all grace abound to me. ( 2 Corinthians 9:8 )

Major I am NOT arguing against your point for it was spot on -
I am simply adding to it - so as others can know that through His word - we can truly be overcomers and this does so apply to walking in the spirit and not the flesh or making this inclination to sin - null and void - as to not be a bother unto you again. This is always going to be our choice or up to us to arive at this most blessed place in life.

Thank You again My Brother -
Your Love for God is Radiant unto us all
God Bless
Jim

My dear Brother Major Greetings,
I enjoyed this wonderful post and the truth that you have displayed before us here in this post. However there is one area that ( to me ) is lacking a tad a skosh just a little bit. ;)

This is the part here - " Even though we are a new creation, we are not totally new. We still have in us an inclination toward sin, and we will until that day when “we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is” as told to us in 1 John 3:2."

Yes Major I do believe this and yes I know it is scripture - the point I want to bring is simply this - Three simple ways or procedures via His word not only can BUT WILL make this sin inclination null and or void in your life - our choice - here is what I mean -
Galatians 5:16 and Romans 12:2 and 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

(( Get His word in you each and every day and speak His word each and every day ))

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

(( Begin to practice the words you speak and thoughts you think for our thoughts and words do control how we act or react and believe. Our own words do more to influence our thinking then most of everything else. ))

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

(( The more you do the first two the more you will begin to walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed to say the least. ))

All done through the Grace of God
who maketh all grace abound to me. ( 2 Corinthians 9:8 )

Major I am NOT arguing against your point for it was spot on -
I am simply adding to it - so as others can know that through His word - we can truly be overcomers and this does so apply to walking in the spirit and not the flesh or making this inclination to sin - null and void - as to not be a bother unto you again. This is always going to be our choice or up to us to arive at this most blessed place in life.

Thank You again My Brother -
Your Love for God is Radiant unto us all
God Bless
Jim

Thanks Jim. You are a wonderful Christian brother and I appreciate you.

I agree with your comments as those 3 things indeed help us to hold down that old man of sin.

When we were born again, a change in direction and disposition took place in our lives. We are now a “new creature” according to . We now have a new direction, new disposition, new attitudes, etc. toward God.

Even though we are a new creation, we are not totally new. We still have in us an inclination toward sin, and we will until that day when “we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is” as told to us in .

... content removed by mod...
For some one who claims Islam honours Jesus as a true prophet of God,you show a remarkable lack of ignorance as to what he taught.
"For he came not to condemn the world but that the world by him might be saved"
And in another place "love your enemies "
And God's great commandment " to love your neighbour as yourself"
The gospel of JesusChrist will not cease. And the kingdom of God he foundation of which he laid will have no end.
What then of" your love of death:"? For one of your brethren declared to the world that "you love life,we love death"
He clearly did not know it ,but he was quoting the bible which says "they that hate me love death"
What you don't seem to realise is that "if God should mark iniquity who will stand"
And in another place,"if the righteous are scarcely saved where will the sinner and the Godless be"?
You then who are so careless as to rejoice over your enemies (?) Fail to understand that "by the measure that you judge you will be judged also"
Far better then to repent of your sins and call upon the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved . than to wallow in your hatred and be damned forever.

"Here in is love,not that we loved God,but that God loved us and while we were without strength ,while we were at enmity with God : God sent Jesus Christ to die for our sins,"that we might be reconciled to our Creator.

In Christ
Gerald

Last edited:
For some one who claims Islam honours Jesus as a true prophet of God,you show a remarkable lack of ignorance as to what he taught.
"For he came not to condemn the world but that the world by him might be saved"
And in another place "love your enemies "
And God's great commandment " to love your neighbour as yourself"
The gospel of JesusChrist will not cease. And the kingdom of God he foundation of which he laid will have no end.
What then of" your love of death:"? For one of your brethren declared to the world that "you love life,we love death"
He clearly did not know it ,but he was quoting the bible which says "they that hate me love death"
What you don't seem to realise is that "if God should mark iniquity who will stand"
And in another place,"if the righteous are scarcely saved where will the sinner and the Godless be"?
You then who are so careless as to rejoice over your enemies (?) Fail to understand that "by the measure that you judge you will be judged also"
Far better then to repent of your sins and call upon the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved . than to wallow in your hatred and be damned forever.

"Here in is love,not that we loved God,but that God loved us and while we were without strength ,while we were at enmity with God : God sent Jesus Christ to die for our sins,"that we might be reconciled to our Creator.

In Christ
Gerald

I am curious as to why you included my comments with that of a Muslim?????

Back