The Real Face Of Jesus - Natgeo Feature On The Shroud Of Turin: Thoughts?

Do you think this is the real face of Jesus

• Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Too many variables to know for sure.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This shroud is a fake. Look at how long his arms are. His hands cover the privates. Lay down flat and see if your hands can reach there without stretching and lifting your shoulders.

This shroud is a fake. Look at how long his arms are. His hands cover the privates. Lay down flat and see if your hands can reach there without stretching and lifting your shoulders.

Just how short are your arms, ASUK? I'm 5'6" - mostly legs, but my hands cover. I went to art school for a semester - nude models - all the arms I saw covered.

Moses' body was buried by the Lord. Why? Because though dead and gone Israel worships him to this day.

Exodus 20:3-6 (KJV)
Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

While the poor guy that is portrayed in the shroud may or may not be authentic for the time period, look what is already happening, people are worshiping it. That is not what God would allow. On this basis alone, it is not Jesus' face.

Now, @Where is the Messiah, if i could I would pay you to change your signature! PLEASE!? :D
Ab you grow in wisdom every day! (y)

Lets just say it is legit, what would the significance be? Thoughts?

And by the way, I didnt vote because to me if someone dont believe Jesus Christ is The Great I AM I dont see what a piece of cloth will do.

Lets just say it is legit, what would the significance be? Thoughts?

And by the way, I didnt vote because to me if someone dont believe Jesus Christ is The Great I AM I dont see what a piece of cloth will do.

Looking back, I wish I hadn't voted because despite the rigamarole done to get the picture "right", It is still an artist conception. I followed news of the shroud down thru the years, including the one news cast where researchers came out with the carbon dating results, showing a 1300's date. I knew they were wrong because I was aware that the shroud had almost been lost in a fire around that time and that they had used damaged material for the dating. (Duh). I think? I read somewhere that the Catholic Church had decided to repair/refresh the cloth's burnt parts after the erroneous carbon dating. Thus losing any ability to test the cloth (uninvasively) for the future. I believe the shroud is real but if it isn't - it does nothing to my faith. But it is my suspicion that it was purposefully come down to us for a very good reason. Perhaps one we don't see what that is right now.

Looking back, I wish I hadn't voted because despite the rigamarole done to get the picture "right", It is still an artist conception. I followed news of the shroud down thru the years, including the one news cast where researchers came out with the carbon dating results, showing a 1300's date. I knew they were wrong because I was aware that the shroud had almost been lost in a fire around that time and that they had used damaged material for the dating. (Duh). I think? I read somewhere that the Catholic Church had decided to repair/refresh the cloth's burnt parts after the erroneous carbon dating. Thus losing any ability to test the cloth (uninvasively) for the future. I believe the shroud is real but if it isn't - it does nothing to my faith. But it is my suspicion that it was purposefully come down to us for a very good reason. Perhaps one we don't see what that is right now.

Carbon dating has been proven inaccurate many times.

Back when it came out, (1970's?) it was not as well known that carbon dating could be wrong. The video in the OP covers all the controversy and IMO, deftly showed that counter arguments were in error and that is why the picture constructed from the shroud was funded.

I'd wonder two things. Why anyone who hasn't watched this video would presume to comment on its specific content.
I'd respectfully request that anyone who refuses to watch the video remain stalwart in their attitude and also refuse to comment in this thread about the video.

And secondly, why any Christian would argue against the power of Jesus being able to lend proof of his presence on earth long after he'd departed back to the Father?
Christians believe the Bible. A book comprised through the efforts of numerous councils codifying the content so as to ultimately create what is known today as the closed canon.
They believe the content of 66 books composed by more than 40 different authors. And Christians in particular accept the new testament, which was primarily composed in majority of letters written by a Greek Pharisee who at one time pursued and presided over the execution of early Christians, and for whom two different accounts are recorded in that same new testament as to his conversion and encounter with a light on the road to Damascus. Saul of Tarsus. A man who never met Jesus when he was alive on earth.

And yet, this shroud, which is something that was a traditional wrap that encased the dead during the time, is denigrated and denied as being legitimately the covering of Jesus? As well as the face that is reconstructed using modern technology that can extrapolate one dimensional images into three dimensional renderings?

Really?

I would say that if someone had never watched another video, this one is worth watching. It is a powerful film - very convincing - that proves the resurrection beyond doubt. It matches the "veil" of veronica, which is dated to the 7th century AD and altho it came out at a time when religous relics were "de rigour", it has 3d aspects, and was only seen when it was photographed, early in the 1900's. It conforms to history and the Word.

I would say that if someone had never watched another video, this one is worth watching. It is a powerful film - very convincing - that proves the resurrection beyond doubt. It matches the "veil" of veronica, which is dated to the 7th century AD and altho it came out at a time when religous relics were "de rigour", it has 3d aspects, and was only seen when it was photographed, early in the 1900's. It conforms to history and the Word.
Agreed. It is worth the time to watch this.

I added a short piece that covers a bit of how the graphics were discerned from the shroud just to give people a short version of the overall content.

What I find fascinating is how when the shroud was 'dissected' sort of speak, that the old fable that this was a fake created using stencils and inks was discounted in this documentary. Because there is no evidence of inks ever being used in these fibers. The shroud is made of flax in a three to one herringbone weave. Inks, dyes, would be evident had a stencil been used to create this image that permeates this material on all sides as would happen when it wrapped a human body.

But what is really amazing is how the research identified the means that imprinted Christs body image onto the material. In a manner of speaking, because the video is very precise, it was something like unto what we'd see as a scanner moves across an image its scanning.

The powerful light photons emitting from the 3D shape head to toe filling that form, the body of Christ, and that energized light power, that spirit, imprinted the body it was filling onto the material that was wrapped around the form the shroud covered.

It was the power of the Holy Spirit returning to the form of Christ after three days in the tomb and filling the flax fiber wrapped carbon form laying in the tomb.

That's my language describing what is very well articulated in the video. And that information gleaned from this latest research on the shroud is something that has never been identified in other investigations that hope to prove the shroud as a fake.

For this to be a fake someone would have had to create a powerful 3D photo negative image of a man laying in this position adorned with these wounds and imprinted it onto this flash cloth.....five hundred years before photography was invented.

What I don't understand is how Christians would be more inclined to believe it is a fake. Rather than understand Jesus, the God of all creation, could reenter the vessel he occupied on earth and imbue that with the same spirit as we first believe he imbued the minds of fallible sinful men, when he inspired them to take dictation and write what we accept without reservation as his holy word.

How do we believe God can inspire the Bible to come into being? And deny Jesus could reenter his body and imprint the universal power his spirit would emit onto the cloth wrapped around it.

:( Well, that was a right old waste of valuable time. The server here is incapable of posting the YouTube videos at their starting point, which one can set up at YouTube to "share". So suffice to say, anyone who is interested in the content of this video will have to actually watch it.
This start point of the video that talks about the radiation that created the shroud image starts at 58:59.

You can read the Transcript of the video if you click on the icon that is fourth from the left and below the video window at YouTube situated beside, "Add to".

I left the description of the points of interest in the video where the video should have started so as to show those points, just so as to provide a synopsis of the overall content as relates to them.

I went through the video and had it start at certain key points in the information. This may assist those who don't want to watch the full video.
Re: The 3D information encoded in the shroud, this is the part in the video that I'd described as like the photon energy of a scanner running over the shroud and imprinting Christs' body image into the fiber. A radiation creating the image. Only this part of the video describes that in much better terms . :ROFLMAO:

This is fascinating: The fibers of the shroud. The image of the man is so superficial on the shroud that it penetrates only the top two microfiber layers. If you pull one fiber aside there is no image below it. Not something that could be accomplished with paints, etc... Look at the shroud and it looks like it is one consistent color image, but up close it is a series of dots. Dots?

**The 1988 carbon dating issue and the legend relating to this being an artists rendition via paints and stencil. This continues into a discussion of the Gnostic point of view and the division of three dimensional reality, per the Gnostic teachings. Which is a fascinating concept when considering the evidences discovered in this shroud.

**This is the part that specifically addresses the 1988 Carbon 14 dating procedure that was once applied to the shroud in the event someone wants to skip the video above and get right to this. The sample of the shroud that was taken so as to do the carbon14 dating was from the worst possible area of the shroud. The corner that had been handled for centuries. Thereby corrupting any chance of dating the materials. (@45:20 it really gets fascinating with regard to the 3D image encoding in the shroud) :love: I love this documentary. I really do. Sadly, History's store doesn't sell the DVD anymore. They sold out and because this is an older feature they haven't restocked.

The Hungarian Pray Codex (manuscript as it is called in the HC documentary video) Referenced @ around 55:00 in the video. This helps to pre-date the shroud to that period the Carbon14 lab testing ascertained.
LINK

The sudarium of Oviedo.

The sudarium of Oviedo is the cloth that is referred to in the documentary and is said to be that cloth that covered Jesus face. The blood on the sudarium lines up with the blood on the shroud of Turin. Meaning both cloths covered Christs' face at the same time. And both cloths have traces of pollen in their fibers that is unique to Israel. One type of pollen is in a thorn plant that grows within a 50 mile radius of Jerusalem.

Another thing this documentary has a researcher admitting that from a point of science the shroud can never absolutely be proven to be the shroud of Jesus.But, from a courtroom evidence perspective, based on reasonable doubt, it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt with the facts in evidence that this is most likely the shroud of Jesus.

Last edited:
Look I think this is a compelling issue and the video is hard to defeat...but I just don't think its wise for us to attach or faith to such issues and things.

Back