1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

The punishment that brings others peace may be upon you someday .

Discussion in 'Biblical Advices' started by Michael Collum, Sep 3, 2010.

1. The punishment that brings others peace may be upon you someday .

(I originally blogged this . but thought after finishing writing it . it could be considered "advice" and might generate a good conversation .)

I watched this when it was in theaters but it came back to remembrance today .

Isaiah 53:5

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

I was meditating how this can be true of people today too . the character Clint was playing in this movie sacrificed his own life so that the younger generation would not get caught up in the violence of those people who gunned him down and actually get through school and not get caught up in gangs . there are other nuances of how christlike the ending is but that would involve watching the movie .

sometimes it is necessary that one person get wounded or even killed . so the road to healing be made apparent . remember this . it may be one day the punishment that brings peace to others . may be on you also . and this is not because you have done anything wrong . but because God is calling you to be like Him .

2. I agree. I believe as Christians we must always be ready to make that kind of sacrifice.