The Prodigal

Back to pride - again! Why can we not hear even with pride. I know it all - why should I listen? What is there to learn? We don't understand meek? Humble? Because we have felt your presence - we interpet?

Back to pride - again! Why can we not hear even with pride. I know it all - why should I listen? What is there to learn? We don't understand meek? Humble? Because we have felt your presence - we interpet?
Today I was listening to Chuck Swindoll on radio on the way to office.. He was preaching on the beatitudes.. He had some nice interpretation on things..

Blessed are those who mourn - He was not talking about losing closed ones or that kind of mourning. He was talking about how a person should lament over the sinful nature of himself. Just like how Paul says "What a wretched man I am". Blessed are the ones who realize that.

Blessed are the meek - The explanation he gave is, being in control inspite of the strength. The specific example he quoted is a trained horse.. It could run wild, but gets trained and remains gentle with its move. It has not lost its ability or the strength. But learns to control itself.

Thought worth mentioning in this thread ;)

Back