The Occult

Well, they can. My daughter was given the ability to see the four she had. They had form and would have taken up some kind of "space". We are dealing with spiritual entities, here.
Did your daughter say where or how (or if) she thought she had opened the door to this things?

Did your daughter say where or how (or if) she thought she had opened the door to this things?

She had it confirmed to her when the demon itself spoke up and said they had been there for ten years. She had had previous counseling with the end result of deliverance and had also determined that she had suffered a wound back then which was from rejection. That kind of hurt when left to fester, even in a child, can cause a demonic attachment to occur. Kids of Christians are targets (and all children are despised by the enemy), but most people are unaware of this fact.

She discovered when the demon itself spoke up and said they had been there for ten years. She had had previous counseling with the end result of deliverance and had also determined that sh had suffered a wound back then which was from rejection. That kind of hurt when left to fester, even in a child, can cause a demonic attachment to occur. Kids of Christians are targets (and all children are despised by the enemy), but most people are unaware of this fact.
Interesting... Seen a "pastor" delivered once...seemed to surprise some that a "pastor" could be possessed? Did not surprise me a bit!...:cautious:

I'm happy your daughter is delivered.

Well, they can. My daughter was given the ability to see the four she had. They had form and would have taken up some kind of "space". We are dealing with spiritual entities, here.

I don't think that demons can inhabit the mind of God's people though. Influence maybe but not inhabit. Just my opinion.

I'm happy your daughter is delivered.

I don't think that demons can inhabit the mind of God's people though. Influence maybe but not inhabit. Just my opinion.
I understand why you see it that way..but I would just keep an open mind to God...These things are not always real clear?

People can be born again and have great victory over their sin that serves to separate him from God eternally and yet still suffer from besetting sins and major sinful issues and attitudes, as evidencd in resentment, anger, bitterness and uncontrollable thoughts and impulses, among others.

A person's salvation is not to be confused with sanctification, where Holy Spirit's ongoing work is to progressively draw us into an ever closer relationship with the Father. Grace! Some resist God's plea to resist temptation and eventually run into the realization that they have been harbouring some pockets of demonic activity that are hangovers from their pre-saved lives.

Those of us who become aware of this situation in the lives of believers need to not shove it under the carpet but openly approach it so that our churches may become strong in the area of defense against such attacks and strong in deliverance of those who find themselves in these very hard places of crisis in their lives.

Hebrews 12:1 (NLT)
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 (NLT)
God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin.

I am reminded of the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead. His command to Lazarus' friends was what?

John 11:44 (NLT)
And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in graveclothes, his face wrapped in a headcloth. Jesus told them, “Unwrap him and let him go!”

In the same way, we who love our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ are the ones who must help to set them free from the stinking graveclothes---hangers-on, remnants of their former sinful lives. God wants to use us! We need to no longer be unaware of these matters, but take them head-on, boldly and unafraid---for the sake of the Kingdom.

Last edited:
She had it confirmed to her when the demon itself spoke up and said they had been there for ten years. She had had previous counseling with the end result of deliverance and had also determined that she had suffered a wound back then which was from rejection. That kind of hurt when left to fester, even in a child, can cause a demonic attachment to occur. Kids of Christians are targets (and all children are despised by the enemy), but most people are unaware of this fact.

Yes. I fully believe this.

Let me say this...it don't make any sense to me to have Polly believe or think she has a demon unless we are sure we have her in the position that God needs her to be in to deliver her. If there is some oppression or whatever?..God has a plan that first requires a certain level of right believing on her part. It will do no good to deliver her, if she is not determined to never return to some of the things she has been practicing.. If we sweep the house we want it to stay clean, and I think that is going to require some obedience from her? Just my feeling...
I will never return to some of the things I've been practicing, but what are the things I was practicing you are talking about? Witchcraft?

It seems to me as if there is more and more a trend towards the occult teachings? I see more and more folks who seem to be reaching into the unseen things and calling on spirits and using forms of witchcraft. I live in what some call the bible belt, so Im not able to see these things as others might? If anyone has any thoughts about why these things seem to be increasing (biblically or otherwise) I thought it would be a good conversation?

1 Tim. 4:1.........
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils".

It seems to me that we are in the middle of leaving the Word of God and doing exactly what Paul warned Timothy about.

I'm in the middle of a wonderful book called 'The Bait of Satan" by John Bevere. This covers what I seem to think the ultimate reasons Christians develop hardened hearts and turn their back on God and their fellow man; unforgiveness and pride. I will be writing a book review on this in the Books, Music and Television section of this forum in the next couple days. This is a great book which compliments the Bible really well as it has tons of references to scripture along with personal testimony.

Good book!

There is a trend I see, especially among those who call themselves Christians on the internet, to embrace a little of this and a little of that of occultic thinking and practice, out of both ignorance and willfulness, and all that serves to do is to further pollute the Church and dilute the message of Christ. Such people need to be sharply dealt with.

Absolutely correct. It is the "Burger King" philosophy. You can have it YOUR way!

It speaks of the doctrine of demons where SELF is more important than God and His Word.

Interesting... Seen a "pastor" delivered once...seemed to surprise some that a "pastor" could be possessed? Did not surprise me a bit!...:cautious:

Do you believe that he was saved to begin with????

I was in a service many years ago where during the sermon a pastor was giving, He the pastor was saved through his own preaching.

1 Tim. 4:1.........
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils".

It seems to me that we are in the middle of leaving the Word of God and doing exactly what Paul warned Timothy about.

Apostasy is here.

THIS is why I'm Bible only....no this teacher or that teacher...or this series...or that series...or this study...or that study.

We are warned many times...

DO NOT BE DECEIVED...

Going outside of the Bible for teaching...opens you up to the possibility of being deceived, "if that were possible"

Luke 21:8
And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

God is good in providing us with teachers and leaders He gifts with His ability to teach and to lead. We are to place ourselves in places of worship where we can be taught and led. That is how God wants us to learn besides learning from the word on our own. He can be trusted to lead us, but it is when we think we can find our own teachers and our own churches that we run into trouble.

When people claim that we do not need the church, that is fear talking.

God is good in providing us with teachers and leaders He gifts with His ability to teach and to lead. We are to place ourselves in places of worship where we can be taught and led. That is how God wants us to learn besides learning from the word on our own. He can be trusted to lead us, but it is when we think we can find our own teachers and our own churches that we run into trouble.

When people claim that we do not need the church, that is fear talking.

Never said that. I said Bible teaching only....

Do you believe that he was saved to begin with????

I was in a service many years ago where during the sermon a pastor was giving, He the pastor was saved through his own preaching.
I cant see when someone is saved, unless I get to know a person and witness the Holy Spirit in them...I believe we are supposed to give those who claim Christ the benefit of the doubt unless we are shown something else? I know that some of the most ungodly people, I have known, called themselves "minister" pastor..etc... and most all of them could put on a pretty good religious show before others...but in heart they hated the authority of Christ, over His people.

Back