The Occult

It seems to me as if there is more and more a trend towards the occult teachings? I see more and more folks who seem to be reaching into the unseen things and calling on spirits and using forms of witchcraft. I live in what some call the bible belt, so Im not able to see these things as others might? If anyone has any thoughts about why these things seem to be increasing (biblically or otherwise) I thought it would be a good conversation?

The fallen angels are getting bolder. It seems clear that their time in the sun is fast approaching.

1. The satanic statue in Oklahoma. They wouldn't think of doing this 20 years ago.
2. People are more curious with mermaids ('the body found') and grey aliens, then the bible.
3. Increase in vampire and werewolf shows. All these contain plenty witchcraft.
4. Nudity, vengeance, fornication and mocking bible believers are the norm in almost every film.

Agh, we all know the list goes on and on. I guess it should be common sense that increase in evil = increase in occult. They are inter related and we know why. Can things get worse? That is the question we should be asking imo.

Yes things will get worse. We are living in a time that we as Christians need to be bolder than ever before. Sometimes we care to much about I dont want to hurt their feelings or we need to mind our own business but I I think we need to be like the apostol Paul Said to preach in time and out of time to be bold to speak up even if it cost us our lives just like the Christians in the first century. They know that been a christian was going to cost them their lives but that didn't stop them. We want to see the sings and wonders of the Holy Spirit we need to be radical and drop the fear and preach the gospel to everyone. Mathew 11:12

We most definitely need to be on guard.... for even His (Gods) people perish for lack of knowledge. satan was created an anointed cherub (they are the ones w/wings) .... he was given the gift of pipes (music). he may no longer have the anointing of God on His side but all gifts are given w/out repentance & so satan still uses the illuminati & the music industry as just one of the tools to destroy. Its something u cant get away from... except by covering yourself daily by the Blood of the Lamb. satan might be known as the prince of the air... BUT PRAISE GOD .... CHRIST JESUS IS KING OF THE AIR...... for remember Jesus shed His Blood & made a covenant w/us & took back the keys of death from the enemy & went through every layer of atmosphere as KING OF KINGS.... LORD OF LORDS..... OUR REDEEMER LIVES.... AMEN.. ! Paul said......................
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
We need to be praying this for ourselves & our loved ones.... :)

I got redirected in occult through science. I was a science-freak atheist in 2011, and then in 2012 I found out spiritual life exists, so I thought that the occult and New Age things is something scientific and the truth, so I became a Paganish witch, but then in 2013 a friend who I met in a witch chat helped me get rid of the demons because they caused a lot of problems to me and caused depression and anxiety too and then this friend from the witch chat was actually a Christian New Ager, and she told me that Christianity is the truth and that all magic(k) is from the Devil, so I decided to start being Christian, but I first became a Christopagan or a Christian New Ager too, but then in January 2014 I got very hurt from the demons and they might have possessed me so I contacted a priest and the priest came and then the priest told me to get rid of all the occult things and then he blessed the home and the demons were banned from my home, but then I created a tulpa 2 weeks after the priest came and the tulpa was a safe thing first but then the tulpa got controlled by a demon or a lot of demons or not sure if the tulpa really was a demon too and then the tulpa either fused with my consciousness and awareness because tulpae are told to be manually created consciousnesses and awarenesses or the tulpa just went away and I got rid of the tulpa or made the tulpa fuse with me by praying. And there is no more occult in my life anymore... Christianity is the best and all I ever wanted. I am still a science freak and I find out things about God creation's through science and that how they work... I am also an Old Earth believer because science really proved that the Universe is billions of years old and Earth is about 4,5 billion years old. But there's no evolution, but the dinosaurs and the prehistoric animals were pretty much before Adam and Eve. It is told in the Bible that God created Adam and Eve on the 6th day, and then the 7th day was the rest day. And thank goodness there is no evolution because evolution is the creepiest thing about science I ever heard.

Last edited:
There is no way one may be rid of anything demonic by one's will. This tulpa experience is a demonic invasion and you cannot be rid of it without the power and authority of Jesus Christ working through you. Demons can be quiet for a time as it suits them, mostly to give the person a feeling that they are in control and that they are OK, but they are not free.

I do believe that you are not free, my dear Polly, and that you need a very real deliverance.

There is no way one may be rid of anything demonic by one's will. This tulpa experience is a demonic invasion and you cannot be rid of it without the power and authority of Jesus Christ working through you. Demons can be quiet for a time as it suits them, mostly to give the person a feeling that they are in control and that they are OK, but they are not free.

I do believe that you are not free, my dear Polly, and that you need a very real deliverance.
Then why when I pray for deliverance, nothing will happen? What the heck am I doing wrong? I am doing my best... And I really know the tulpa is gone... If a tulpa is really just a consciousness and awareness, it takes about a month of ignoration for the tulpa to disappear completely, and I ignored the tulpa for a month now and before I ignored, I asked God to help me get rid of the tulpa... I really feel like there is no tulpa anymore...

Then why when I pray for deliverance, nothing will happen? What the heck am I doing wrong? I am doing my best... And I really know the tulpa is gone... If a tulpa is really just a consciousness and awareness, it takes about a month of ignoration for the tulpa to disappear completely, and I ignored the tulpa for a month now and before I ignored, I asked God to help me get rid of the tulpa... I really feel like there is no tulpa anymore...

Sounds to me like a tulpa is a demonic entity that lies by saying it is human consciousness. It never disappears, but it will go into hiding within a safe hosting place.

If nothing has happened, then the approach to deliverance was erroneous (not speaking with the authority of Jesus Christ when commanding the spirit(s). We need not go by feelings about this, but by the assurance of the word of God. If you spoke to this thing and commanded it to leave you in the mighty name of Jesus and closed the door on it by repenting of the sin or attitude or thinking that gave it permission to be there in the first place, then you can know that it has departed.

Last edited:
I didn't know Polly was coming back when I started this thread, but I must admit as I seen some of the things she had gotten involved with, it caused this question to come to me? You have some experience in this right Lance?

Well I thought you might want to share part of your testimony?
Ok Mitspa here is my Testimony. I am putting it here because it has to do with the Occult. Instead of the short version I'll try to give some more info on what let up to my Occult participation and my breaking free from it.

Like most of us I was raised in a Christian family. I went to an Assembly of God church and saw my share of speaking in tongues and all sorts of gifts of the spirit. I was the good boy and went to bible camp, youth group etc.... I never really felt the spirit of God during those years and I did accept Jesus as my personal savior at age 5 (don't remember it though) During High School I was constantly being told by a lot of people that they felt God calling me to the ministry. This kinda freaked me out so I joined the military instead. I did go to church and tried to hang out with Christian friends. I ended up getting married and stopped going to church and within a year divorced. I turned to alcohol instead of God. I pretty much hated women and used them for sex and a good time. During my long 1 year marriage I also had to file for bankruptcy. So along with hating women I also ran up my credit and refused to pay it off. I had terrible credit and blamed it on everyone but myself.

I ended up getting stationed in Colorado and I decided to give Church a try again. I started reading up on a gentleman named Andrew Wommack. I actually started a distance learning program at his college. I also met a woman who I ended up moving in with. I ended up getting scared by the relationship so I moved out and about the same time quit college. I also ended up getting her pregnant. This is about the time I started reading up on the Occult.

My friend was cheating on his wife with a Wiccan and I told him I would research Wicca. During my research I stumbled across different pagan paths and I was totally astonished that a lot of their nature beliefs seemed familiar to me. This is how it draws some people in. I found a group called The Order of Bards Ovates and Druids and joined their distance learning program. I purchased every book I could find on Druidry. I began meditation, astral projection, calling in spirits, honoring the sabbats etc... I basically practiced this by myself until I got stationed at Fort Bragg. By the way I was still involved in every sin you can think of. I even tried insurance fraud with my vehicle, which I got caught doing but for some reason I never got charged.

After moving to Fort Bragg I started having Astral Projection classes and started meeting like minded individuals. My military career started going down hill as well. Received my first Article 15 for being drunk on duty, quit a school without notifying anyone so was suppose to get an Article 15 for this but I found the file and destroyed it. I was still doing my rituals and actually reading the bible more as well. I was finding anything I could to say the Bible contradicts itself. I would purposely go to forums to argue my side of the story. While in Fort Bragg I also got paperwork for some guy to adopt my daughter (never had contact with her) and I signed them without any second thought.

After my stint in Bragg I was stationed in Hawaii. This is where I fell into my first Coven/Group/Grove. Myself and a Wiccan I met started a study one time a week on the base I was at. We ended up having around 10 different individuals from different pagan paths. This is where I got into more spells and using energy to influence people and things. I was the Priest of many rituals for full moon ceremonies and many others things. Yes I had ritual robes and the like. My military career was pretty much over and I even tried for Conscientious objector status. Keep in mind I started active duty military in 1992 and got out in 2003. I had tremendous hate in me and once again received an article 15 for AWOL. I didn't actually leave, I was at a friends house watching it and just decided to take a 4 day weekend without letting anyone know. During this time I really got into online gaming and was on that every waking minute. I ended up leaving the group in 2002 and joined a group called New Order of Knights Templar. I was trying to mix Christianity and Paganism. We did a lot of astral projection and they basically worshiped Jesus and Mary (his wife). Well after a year of this in 2003 I finally convinced my chain of command to release me early from my contract and was released under a General (under honorable conditions) discharge.

From 2003 until about 2012 I was still not living for Christ. I wasn't doing anything with the Occult but I was still rebelling quite a bit. Not until 2012 I finally decided to give my life back to the Lord. One thing that I didn't do was attend church. I still had a lot of luggage from my past that I couldn't get rid of. Not until recently have I been able to fully able to rid all the bondage I was having to really have a relationship with Jesus.
Really quick like I will kinda give a short little bit of things I experienced during my time in the Occult.

1. Some say demons can't attack us physically? I will argue that statement because I was attacked constantly when in the Occult. One occasion after a mediation I was thrown to my knees by something. It wasn't a friendly throw.
2. I have had demons attack me in my sleep. I was having a dream for three nights about friends and family members getting killed. One night was my childhood friend, next night was a high school friend and last night was my dad. Each night I woke up after dream and I could feel evil surrounding me. The last night when I woke up I felt it and could see a shadow above me. I called out to the Lord for help and it went away. I still stayed in Druidry after this.
3. During Astral Projections a friend of mine was bed ridden for two days after running into something that he says, felt like it was draining his energy from him. During Astral projections most people go up when they leave their body, this time he went down into the earth and ran into something he says was the most evil thing he has every felt. I can't say this actually happened since I wasn't there but I do know he looked like death when he came out of his projection.

I'm sorry this post was long, but the Occult is seriously dangerous. It lures people in because they are discouraged with church, and they find a path they can follow that teaches about nature and that you can do what you want as long as it harms no one. Well they don't tell you that it is harming you. I have ran into more hardcore pagans that practice the darker side of things. I have seen pagans leave the Wiccan/Druidry groups and get into the darker Witchcraft. It took me almost 10 years to remove the garbage I put myself through. This is why it is so important for people who have been involved with the Occult to stay away from any talk of it or even researching it. If that person isn't strong in their walk with the Lord these things can bring up things that they thought was gone. I still sometimes find myself looking at websites that I use to go to and I will pray for forgiveness and bind any of my old urges in the name of Jesus.

This was my first testimony to anyone and not even sure if I did it right. I know I am a sinner but by the Grace of God I am saved. My Occult past isn't full of Harry Potter type magick, but it is still dangerous and I don't wish anyone to follow the path I did. Keep your eyes on the Lord and he will be your guide through this life and the next.

Polly, this is why I tell you to focus on God and not on the things you use to get involved with. If you aren't rooted in the Word of God you will get sucked back in to this evil mess. Pray Pray Pray and worship Jesus. He loves you and if you put your faith in him sister you will be fine.

P.S. I am back with Andrew Wommacks college and done rebelling against God. Amen

Wow Brother, The Lord has a ministry for you and these things of darkness will be made light. Learn the power of God that Andrew teaches....and what was a door into darkness will be a door to advance the light and power of God.

Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Eph 5:13 and all the things reproved by the light are manifested, for everything that is manifested is light;

We all have a box of darkness, we take that box and open it before the Glory of the Lord Jesus, all the darkness that was in the box becomes light, and a light to those who are in that darkness.

He is the God that calls the light out of the darkness

Ok Mitspa here is my Testimony. I am putting it here because it has to do with the Occult. Instead of the short version I'll try to give some more info on what let up to my Occult participation and my breaking free from it.

Like most of us I was raised in a Christian family. I went to an Assembly of God church and saw my share of speaking in tongues and all sorts of gifts of the spirit. I was the good boy and went to bible camp, youth group etc.... I never really felt the spirit of God during those years and I did accept Jesus as my personal savior at age 5 (don't remember it though) During High School I was constantly being told by a lot of people that they felt God calling me to the ministry. This kinda freaked me out so I joined the military instead. I did go to church and tried to hang out with Christian friends. I ended up getting married and stopped going to church and within a year divorced. I turned to alcohol instead of God. I pretty much hated women and used them for sex and a good time. During my long 1 year marriage I also had to file for bankruptcy. So along with hating women I also ran up my credit and refused to pay it off. I had terrible credit and blamed it on everyone but myself.

I ended up getting stationed in Colorado and I decided to give Church a try again. I started reading up on a gentleman named Andrew Wommack. I actually started a distance learning program at his college. I also met a woman who I ended up moving in with. I ended up getting scared by the relationship so I moved out and about the same time quit college. I also ended up getting her pregnant. This is about the time I started reading up on the Occult.

My friend was cheating on his wife with a Wiccan and I told him I would research Wicca. During my research I stumbled across different pagan paths and I was totally astonished that a lot of their nature beliefs seemed familiar to me. This is how it draws some people in. I found a group called The Order of Bards Ovates and Druids and joined their distance learning program. I purchased every book I could find on Druidry. I began meditation, astral projection, calling in spirits, honoring the sabbats etc... I basically practiced this by myself until I got stationed at Fort Bragg. By the way I was still involved in every sin you can think of. I even tried insurance fraud with my vehicle, which I got caught doing but for some reason I never got charged.

After moving to Fort Bragg I started having Astral Projection classes and started meeting like minded individuals. My military career started going down hill as well. Received my first Article 15 for being drunk on duty, quit a school without notifying anyone so was suppose to get an Article 15 for this but I found the file and destroyed it. I was still doing my rituals and actually reading the bible more as well. I was finding anything I could to say the Bible contradicts itself. I would purposely go to forums to argue my side of the story. While in Fort Bragg I also got paperwork for some guy to adopt my daughter (never had contact with her) and I signed them without any second thought.

After my stint in Bragg I was stationed in Hawaii. This is where I fell into my first Coven/Group/Grove. Myself and a Wiccan I met started a study one time a week on the base I was at. We ended up having around 10 different individuals from different pagan paths. This is where I got into more spells and using energy to influence people and things. I was the Priest of many rituals for full moon ceremonies and many others things. Yes I had ritual robes and the like. My military career was pretty much over and I even tried for Conscientious objector status. Keep in mind I started active duty military in 1992 and got out in 2003. I had tremendous hate in me and once again received an article 15 for AWOL. I didn't actually leave, I was at a friends house watching it and just decided to take a 4 day weekend without letting anyone know. During this time I really got into online gaming and was on that every waking minute. I ended up leaving the group in 2002 and joined a group called New Order of Knights Templar. I was trying to mix Christianity and Paganism. We did a lot of astral projection and they basically worshiped Jesus and Mary (his wife). Well after a year of this in 2003 I finally convinced my chain of command to release me early from my contract and was released under a General (under honorable conditions) discharge.

From 2003 until about 2012 I was still not living for Christ. I wasn't doing anything with the Occult but I was still rebelling quite a bit. Not until 2012 I finally decided to give my life back to the Lord. One thing that I didn't do was attend church. I still had a lot of luggage from my past that I couldn't get rid of. Not until recently have I been able to fully able to rid all the bondage I was having to really have a relationship with Jesus.
Really quick like I will kinda give a short little bit of things I experienced during my time in the Occult.

1. Some say demons can't attack us physically? I will argue that statement because I was attacked constantly when in the Occult. One occasion after a mediation I was thrown to my knees by something. It wasn't a friendly throw.
2. I have had demons attack me in my sleep. I was having a dream for three nights about friends and family members getting killed. One night was my childhood friend, next night was a high school friend and last night was my dad. Each night I woke up after dream and I could feel evil surrounding me. The last night when I woke up I felt it and could see a shadow above me. I called out to the Lord for help and it went away. I still stayed in Druidry after this.
3. During Astral Projections a friend of mine was bed ridden for two days after running into something that he says, felt like it was draining his energy from him. During Astral projections most people go up when they leave their body, this time he went down into the earth and ran into something he says was the most evil thing he has every felt. I can't say this actually happened since I wasn't there but I do know he looked like death when he came out of his projection.

I'm sorry this post was long, but the Occult is seriously dangerous. It lures people in because they are discouraged with church, and they find a path they can follow that teaches about nature and that you can do what you want as long as it harms no one. Well they don't tell you that it is harming you. I have ran into more hardcore pagans that practice the darker side of things. I have seen pagans leave the Wiccan/Druidry groups and get into the darker Witchcraft. It took me almost 10 years to remove the garbage I put myself through. This is why it is so important for people who have been involved with the Occult to stay away from any talk of it or even researching it. If that person isn't strong in their walk with the Lord these things can bring up things that they thought was gone. I still sometimes find myself looking at websites that I use to go to and I will pray for forgiveness and bind any of my old urges in the name of Jesus.

This was my first testimony to anyone and not even sure if I did it right. I know I am a sinner but by the Grace of God I am saved. My Occult past isn't full of Harry Potter type magick, but it is still dangerous and I don't wish anyone to follow the path I did. Keep your eyes on the Lord and he will be your guide through this life and the next.

Polly, this is why I tell you to focus on God and not on the things you use to get involved with. If you aren't rooted in the Word of God you will get sucked back in to this evil mess. Pray Pray Pray and worship Jesus. He loves you and if you put your faith in him sister you will be fine.

P.S. I am back with Andrew Wommacks college and done rebelling against God. Amen

I know... Occult is dangerous, and also quite difficult work because the Devil just lies to people like "you have to do these things and you get this" and the Devil tells us to do things that are quite impossible for humans, like meditations of clearing the mind completely empty without thoughts. That's almost never possible. And I was pretty much disturbed by a clingy freak demon who was actually "Loki" the Norse deity, a false god. I also got 4-5 times some incubus attacks during some sleep paralysis or half asleep-half awake mode.

I got into occult because I thought that God would never make any awesome and fascinating miracles and also because I thought that Christianity is all about rules and obligations and restrictions because I listened too much to the fundamentalists who hate sinners because those fundamentalists think that God hates sinners... I remember that I lived in Barcelona, Spain for 10 years and when I was 9-10 years old, I was accidentally registered into an Adventist school, and 2 teachers at that school were fundamentalists that hated most students at the school, they like HATED them, especially my teacher in that school...

I mentioned before that I am born into a Lutheran family and I pretty much believed in the Holy Trinity my whole life, but then in 2011 I didn't believe in any magick, miracles, God, etc. at all, but then in 2012 science redirected me to witchcraft, and then the witchcraft redirected me to Paganism, but then in 2013 I became Christopagan or a Christian New Ager, and then in 2014 I became born again.

I am glad you are away from all that stuff Polly. I just think it is best that you don't read up on it or have any dealings with it until you are mature in the Word. This probably would include any friends you might still that is caught up in the Occult. I know it is tough to say good bye to someone you have been friends with for a long time, I had to do it and now I am in a better position to talk with them from time to time and witness to them. I am better prepared and equipped for that spiritual battle.

This is something you cannot take care of yourself...There is no place in the Bible where someone demonically influenced is seen to deliver themselves. You need someone who is holy-spirit filled, and who is spiritually & physically prepared to help you. Really you need 2...because if it's not just influence, but actual possession...there is going to m=be a very draining fight.

Praying for you.

You know Lance, it took me a couple years or so, of sincere prayer, before I would sleep, to shut some doors, that the demons of my past used to harass my sleep. I don't get mixed up with a lot of the prophetic dream folks, who are off chasing signs and wonders, but I do believe that our dreams are and can give us insight into the spiritual realm. What is the difference between your dreams now and then?

Back