The Narrow Door

(NIV) LUKE 13:23-28
23 Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"
He said to them,
24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'
"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'

26 "Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.'
27 "But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!'
28 "There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when they see Abraham, Issac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out." ...

Any thoughts and insights about the Truth revealed here?

What i would do is realize that Jesus gave Paul the revelation of the gospel of the grace of God.
So, when you want to understand Salvation or the Grace of God, you use Paul, or you use scriptures that align themselves with Paul's theology., always.
This is why the Gospel sounds nothing like the scriptures that you posted.

Here is the Gospel.:

1 Corinthians 15:3-8
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
John 1:12
12: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Romans 10:9
9: that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

What i would do is realize that Jesus gave Paul the revelation of the gospel of the grace of God.
So, when you want to understand Salvation or the Grace of God, you use Paul, or you use scriptures that align themselves with Paul's theology., always.
This is why the Gospel sounds nothing like the scriptures that you posted.
Here is the Gospel.:
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
12: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
9: that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
The common denominator between these scriptures is truth.
John 14: 6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me."
Our soul is at risk of losing itself if we do not grasp the truth of our life, namely our thoughts and actions.
1 Corinthians 3:10-22, namely verse 15... If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

Symbolically, flames represent truth.

The common denominator between these scriptures is truth.
John 14: 6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me."
Our soul is at risk of losing itself if we do not grasp the truth of our life, namely our thoughts and actions.
1 Corinthians 3:10-22, namely verse 15... If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

Symbolically, flames represent truth.

It has been my understanding that "flames" in the Scripture speaks to JUDGMENT.

It has been my understanding that "flames" in the Scripture speaks to JUDGMENT.
Hello Major.
Yes, you may be right.
I know that the flaming sword that guards the path to the tree of life represents Truth. The word of God (Truth) is like a double-edged sword. And if flame represents judgement, and purification, then, to me, the soul still undergoes purification by what is true/Truth. What is left of the soul through purification is truth.

So, the question remains with us, how much truth do we hold?
17 "If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.
18 He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him."

We are not here for our self (ego/false-self), but for the one (God) who sent us.
we are here for our soul and spirit (our real-self). Our goal is to become a man of truth (Christ-like).
Only a man of truth passes through the narrow door.

My good Brother,
you quoted a "bema seat", (Judgement Seat of Christ) scripture.
And that scripture is telling you that at the JS of Christ, your works down here, that would entitle you to rewards up there, are given you based on "motive".
In other words, the fire represents the evaluation of your works down here, based on your motive for doing them.

My good Brother,
you quoted a "bema seat", (Judgement Seat of Christ) scripture.
And that scripture is telling you that at the JS of Christ, your works down here, that would entitle you to rewards up there, are given you based on "motive".
In other words, the fire represents the evaluation of your works down here, based on your motive for doing them.
Hello Kidron.
Thank you for pointing that out. (see 2 Cor 5:10
Yes, works of truth do bear fruit.

Back