The Letters To The Churches

I have asked Jesus into my heart, as others say, and I have been baptized in water, if that's what you are asking.
Not exactly... Paul asks:

Acts 19:2 (KJV)
He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:6 (KJV)
And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Believe me it's something so different than anything you've experienced yet! Pray that He baptizes you in the Holy Spirit!

Not exactly... Paul asks:

Acts 19:2 (KJV)
He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:6 (KJV)
And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Believe me it's something so different than anything you've experienced yet! Pray that He baptizes you in the Holy Spirit!

I've done that as well. Is it the manifestation of spiritual gifts that you're saying proves the Spirit is in you? Pardon my ignorance, I don't go to church so I'm not used to discussing much with Christians.

I've done that as well. Is it the manifestation of spiritual gifts that you're saying proves the Spirit is in you? Pardon my ignorance, I don't go to church so I'm not used to discussing much with Christians.
Exactly... no worries, I don't have a church I can attend here in Brussels either... I don't speak French or Dutch - not that would make much of a difference as dark as Brussels is...

Do you speak in tongues? There are three types:
  1. a language the Spirit speaks to help our infirmities which cannot be uttered, used for our edification;
  2. a foreign language like Spanish (and you don't know Spanish);
  3. a language of the Spirit where another interprets for the edification of those hearing it.

Do you speak in tongues? There are three types:
  1. a language the Spirit speaks to help our infirmities which cannot be uttered, used for our edification;
  2. a foreign language like Spanish (and you don't know Spanish);
  3. a language of the Spirit where another interprets for the edification of those hearing it.

1. No.
2. I kind of understand Spanish but can't speak it well enough to talk with anyone.
3. No.

I've only met one person that spoke in tongues.

But wouldn't that mean that the Bible wasn't actually dictated by God? I guess that's what I'm not understanding. If you are "inspired" by the Holy Spirit and you write something then God didn't actually write it, you did. Right? I mean, there is a difference between that and God telling you what to write.

To be able to put ones trust in the Word of God, you have to first believe it truly is the Word of God. People have laid down their life because they knew it was true. As a Christian when we read a scripture like this.....

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

You have to make a decision to either believe it is true or not. If you believe the scriptures are not from God, then how are you going to know truth when you hear it? You can not go by feelings, or goose bumps, or even tears. There has to be a standard in which we judge everything by.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Where are you going to get the knowledge of God from to be able to cast down imaginations and every high thing that tries to exalt it self against truth? The Word of God is the only place to get this knowledge. A Christian who does not believe the Word of God is absolute truth is easy prey to be deceived.

1. No.
2. I kind of understand Spanish but can't speak it well enough to talk with anyone.
3. No.

I've only met one person that spoke in tongues.
Tongues is the only gift that can be used of your own free will when you pray to God.

1 Timothy 4:14 (KJV)
Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

2 Timothy 1:6 (KJV)
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

Pray for the language of the Spirit. It'll sound gibberish. When I was baptized in the Spirit, I was worshiping and praising Him in English and a couple laid hands on me, one on my chest and the other on my back (it was just the three of us) and I felt this welling up in my stomach and it inched it's way up my throat to where I thought I was going to throw up. I relaxed and let it out and this wonderful joyous sound came out and I felt like warm oil was being poured over me. I didn't care, I just worshiped in the Spirit for the first time in my life! It was so awesome! When the Spirit subsided I went to fix my hair (figuring it was a mess from the oil) but when I touched it, it was DRY! No one had poured anything on me and yet I felt it! That was being baptised in the Holy Spirit. Some people have it a little differently but everyone I've ever met that had Him spoke His language!

This shows it's different and water baptism:

Acts 8:14-17 (KJV)
Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Then laid they [their] hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Tongues is the only gift that can be used of your own free will when you pray to God.

1 Timothy 4:14 (KJV)
Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

2 Timothy 1:6 (KJV)
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

Pray for the language of the Spirit. It'll sound gibberish. When I was baptized in the Spirit, I was worshiping and praising Him in English and a couple laid hands on me, one on my chest and the other on my back (it was just the three of us) and I felt this welling up in my stomach and it inched it's way up my throat to where I thought I was going to throw up. I relaxed and let it out and this wonderful joyous sound came out and I felt like warm oil was being poured over me. I didn't care, I just worshiped in the Spirit for the first time in my life! It was so awesome! When the Spirit subsided I went to fix my hair (figuring it was a mess from the oil) but when I touched it, it was DRY! No one had poured anything on me and yet I felt it! That was being baptised in the Holy Spirit. Some people have it a little differently but everyone I've ever met that had Him spoke His language!

This shows it's different and water baptism:

Acts 8:14-17 (KJV)
Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Then laid they [their] hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

So, we're saying that if someone doesn't speak in tongues they don't have the Holy Spirit? Or that any spiritual gift counts?

So, we're saying that if someone doesn't speak in tongues they don't have the Holy Spirit? Or that any spiritual gift counts?
I'm not willing to go that far, but it is a strong indication. Having the Holy Spirit and being baptized in Him is two different things. The Holy Spirit is given to us as an earnest ("downpayment") of our salvation (2 Cor 1:22), but having the fire is another thing:

Luke 3:16 (KJV)
John answered, saying unto [them] all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Acts 2:3 (KJV)
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Understand?

In the OT it was only a select few, like Jeremiah, but in the NT is for all who want it:

Jeremiah 20:9 (KJV)
Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But [his word] was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not [stay].

This is a very sensitive topic! This is one of those things which has divided Church like anything.. I will try to remain quiet on this.. You can PM me if you want to

I'm not willing to go that far, but it is a strong indication. Having the Holy Spirit and being baptized in Him is two different things. The Holy Spirit is given to us as an earnest ("downpayment") of our salvation (2 Cor 1:22), but having the fire is another thing:

Luke 3:16 (KJV)
John answered, saying unto [them] all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Acts 2:3 (KJV)
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Understand?
I suppose but that would mean that no Christian I know has the Holy Spirit as far as speaking in tongues. My wife has the gift of prophecy but I think she's the only person I know that has that.

This is a very sensitive topic! This is one of those things which has divided Church like anything.. I will try to remain quiet on this.. You can PM me if you want to

There's no need to stay quite, but I'll PM you anyway if you just don't want to start an argument.

I suppose but that would mean that no Christian I know has the Holy Spirit as far as speaking in tongues. My wife has the gift of prophecy but I think she's the only person I know that has that.
Being born of the Spirit, and being filled with the Spirit are two separate experiences.

Pray about it is all I can say at this point. Many do not believe in the Fire of the Holy Spirit (because they've never experienced it) and that doesn't make it untrue. Ask the Holy Spirit to fall on you and be willing to accept and He shall. :)

In the OT it was only a select few, like Jeremiah, but in the NT is for all who want it:

Jeremiah 20:9(KJV)
Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But [his word] was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not [stay].

Being born of the Spirit, and being filled with the Spirit are two separate experiences.
I got that but according to Abdicate if I don't have a spiritual gift (I guess speaking in tongues) I don't have the Holy Spirit. I have never heard of that before so I'm trying to figure it out.

I got that but according to Abdicate if I don't have a spiritual gift (I guess speaking in tongues) I don't have the Holy Spirit. I have never heard of that before so I'm trying to figure it out.
As a Christian you DO have the Holy Spirit. Read #71 carefully or you will be confused and the devil will show up to muddy the waters even more. There is a difference between HAVING the Holy Spirit and being baptized BY the Holy Spirit in fire.

I'm off to bed, I'll reply in the morning if you have any other questions. Meditate on all the verses I showed you. Read them, pray about them, tell the Lord your desire to understand and He will show you. Don't go to others, or web sites, stick to the word of God in prayer. Don't even believe me! Do your own homework... all I can do it guide you :)

Blessings! :ROFLMAO:

Being born of the Spirit makes you a child of God. Being filled with the Spirit is for power so you can do what God calls you to do.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Back