the last prophet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though they do great things etc I do not believe people like Benny Hinn are true Prophets of God... But we not here to discuss false prophets but the prophet that is to come:)

Is elijah to be incarnated again or has John come and gone? Isn't guidance before choice and teaching before guidance.
What I mean is are we not living in the time of choice before the final destination. Isn't the path set straight through the water of John? Which is repentance that leads to salvation.
As moses witnessed for God to free his children from the bondage of slavery with the signs as Gods two end olive branches dressed in repentance (sackcloth) with the coming spirit of elijah free his children from the bondage of sin through the blood of our lord Christ Jesus with signs, Let the end of the age come dear Father in Jesus name Amen

I think that Mallachai was talking about John the baptist we need to read the book of revelations to see what God has revealed so we are aware of His will stick to the bible and let that be your only guide and ask God to fill you and lead you by His Holy Spirit Jesus is L:eek:rd

Even though they do great things etc I do not believe people like Benny Hinn are true Prophets of God... But we not here to discuss false prophets but the prophet that is to come:)

When I see a man with one leg go to a Benny Hinn show and come out with "Two Legs" then I will believe he can actually heel someone .

If you think Benny Hinn is possibly a prophet then any good magician or hypnotist will fool you .

Please understand that I am not passing judgment on Benny Hinn or anyone else .

Christ is the prophet to come ....again .

He shall come to begin "The Day Of The Lord"

One day is as a thousand years , and that day is the millenium spoken of in Revelation . This is the "Second Coming"

Jesus instructed us on how to heal our sick using the oil of our people and having elders pray for us .

“Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven” (James 5:14-15, NKJV)

No where in The Bible did Jesus instruct any of His disciples to grab the sick by their head or make them pass out to be healed . Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing who charge for healing you .

Each person brought up on stage is carefully screened at every Hinn show .Those with missing limbs or severe disabilities are never allowed near the stage .

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=+1]O[/SIZE]n Larry King Live, Mr. King said, "You could do it on the street." Hinn said, "Well, yes, but look, it’s not as easy because you really need that atmosphere of faith." Did Jesus and the apostles need an atmosphere? The answer is obviously no! In contradiction to this statement, we are told that people are healed on the drive to the crusade or while waiting in line without being in any atmosphere of faith. I certainly agree the atmosphere is important, very important! On March 16, 1997, Impact News gave a couple of common examples of people who attend the crusades for healing. Linda Tyson brought her 17 year old son, Shandez who was injured in football and is now incapacitated in a wheel chair. She went to his crusade in Atlanta with much hope and faith. The first and second night she could not get in. Then Hinn prayed for Shandez briefly backstage and they went home still hoping for a miracle. Laura Twilly was dying of cancer and came to be healed. She was interviewed in a screening process. As often happens, she said she could not walk, but after attending she felt better and was very excited. Not truly healed, she walked with a new strength at the crusade; she died four weeks later. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=+1]H[/SIZE]ardly a man in history ever made so much money preaching "the Gospel!" Benny said softly, "I would love the day to come where, ah, I would live only on my royalties and would not have to take a salary from the ministry at all." Mr. Hinn has been quoted saying, "I have lost complete desire for anything to do with the world. My worldly desires are gone."

On Larry king he said that he has needs while defending his opulent lifestyle, claiming that he gives much of his book royalties away. In truth, what comes through the ministry stays in the ministry. The week following the Impact program on Larry King Live, Larry asked, "Big salary?" Benny said, "Um. It’s OK." Larry inquired, "Are you wealthy?" Benny said, "No, I’m not wealthy." What is Mr. Hinn’s definition of wealthy or even well-to-do? He recently moved from the exclusive Heathrow Development to an even more exclusive Alaqua $685,000 home. On Impact he stated, "The home…the car, I paid for. The ministry pays nothing when it comes to home and car and all that." That sounds wealthy! His suits are tailored, his shoes are Italian leather, and his wrist and finger are endowed with gold and diamonds. He wears a diamond Rolex watch. How many people do you know who enjoy this kind of lifestyle that are not rich? Benny says, "What’s the big deal, for goodness sake? What am I supposed to do, drive a Honda?" When Larry King asked about his Mercedes, he was not aware that Benny traded it in for a Jaguar. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Jesus and the apostles walked in suffering and experienced tribulation to express their faith. In contrast, Benny shows it by what he owns See II Cor 6:3-10

Mr. Hinn embraces the prosperity philosophy. He declared, "I’m sick and tired of hearing about streets of gold [in Heaven]. I don’t need gold in Heaven. I got to have it now."

This is certainly reflected in his lifestyle of ministry. He spent nearly $9,000 per staff person on a round trip fare to fly the supersonic Concord.
[/SIZE]

i agree tracer,i have watched the God tv channel.seen a magician,phycic,s,not saying all that are on it are bogus,there are some real followers.but it has become a pantomime for money matters.as Jesus said don,t mix money with God both are seperate.

Has anybody defined what a prophet is? By my understanding, Jesus himself, acted in the capacity of prophet among other things.

Isn't 'prophet' defined as one who speaks the words God puts into their hearts to speak. (One who speaks what God speaks)

There were three principle offices of Israel.
Prophet, Preist, and King.
Jesus was / is all three.

A prophet is a "mediator" someone who speaks to men directly on behalf of God.
Deuteronomy 18:15-22 He is the God's mouthpiece and speaks only what he has heard by inspiration from God

Jeremiah 1:9
Isaiah 6:5-10
John 8:26 or what God has shown him by vision or dream
Numbers 12:6
John 5:19-20

ok

I would rather not talk about other ministers. I may not watch Brother Hinn or Pay attention to him for certain reasons, but what he does with all the money and his comments Good or bad is God's business. I don't think it's wise to point out others faults, Love cover's the multitude of sin.

I feel bad for my Brother Hinn, and wish a whole lot of things would not have gone they way the went with his ministry.

There are prophets today folks. I gave the scriptures. There is no other Prophet coming with special magical powers that will thrill and impress us all. This is how the seed of bad religions get started. Looking for something else besides Jesus.

Jesus is with us today. He said he would never leave us or forsake us. He has a throne at the right hand of God and is always available to us.

The gifts of the Spirit are in operation today. Healing is in operation Today. Go be a part of what the Holy Ghost is doing and stop looking for someone else to come. Jesus already sent us the Holy Ghost. He lives inside us, and it will not get better than that.

God Bless
Jesus is Lord.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT

This thread has been well discussed and appears to be heded in the direction of attacking a particular ministry.

With that in mind, it is the opinion of the Moderators, nothing further is to be gained and the thread will be closed.

If anyone wishes to add something to this thread consistent with the original post and has not already been covered, please let anyone on the Moderator Team know, and reopening of this thread will be considered.

We thank all who participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back