The Key To Understanding Why All The Different Denominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's amazing is your presumption that ...
S-W-M are not used much today in evangelism all over the world.
Youse bin in da wrong places wit da wrong people.
Your Problem was with da denomination you were with overseas
... lot's of UNBELIEF ... ever heard of it?
Amazing!

I would say that we are very near to seeing another thread closed because of your arogance and inability to speak with love and care toward others.

Well, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised that the anonymous 'grim reaper' has not been reaping grims here....yet!

With that said, I feel reluctant to spread any peals of wisdom in a thread that is frolicking in such a peril prone way.
But shedding my carapace of conceit for the moment......., can we take a quick consensus of faith here?

In the light of:
Matt 16:13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"
Matt 16:14 And they said, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
Matt 16:15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Matt 16:16 Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Matt 16:17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
Matt 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Who here can stand with Peter on this confession of faith?
Who here fear the gates of hell are or will prevail against the Church which Jesus is building?
A childish poll perhaps, but let's be honest.........is there any other issue that should cause such passionate devision?

No Christian would post against this....
I know it. I'm just trying to cool things off a bit....the differences will not be resolved in any time soon, however I'd be happy if we could all keep in mind the common heritage which we enjoy.

yup, well enough said. I could say you are splitting hairs.......my eyesight these days is not keen enough for brain surgery:)
common Saviour will do just fine. Savior??? Saviour??? Your ozzie spelling is as strange as my American spelling.....just as colourful too.;)

Church history is one of my fields of deep research, and missions especially so. I own around 3,000 Christian books of many denominations, and mission stories are particularly relevant for me. Original mission books of the 1800's that I own are quite clear: God used miracles in EXTREME situations, not as common-every-Sunday-altar-call events.

He used plain ordinary God inspired preaching much more often then miracles. He used the pricking of heathen consciences while listening to missionaries or their converted friends or in dreams, He used providential circumstances witnessed only by the unsaved quite often, He used salvation from deadly animals, fire and flood with and without the pleadings of the unchurched or converted.

But SWM as promoted today....very very rarely.

Why? As Pharaoh's priests "created" snakes before Moses, the devil has had 4000 years of demonic manifestations to keep the pagan and heathen in awe and wonder. God does not need to take "second billing" to him, nor does He wish to look like the Cowboy with the White Hat, doing things like the bad Black Hat Cowboy.

However, sadly: some Christian folks want the flash bang of miracles and discount His usual free will methods.

But you admit Miracles do happen today! Yes they should not substitute for the Word of God and they are usually used in the presence of unbelievers.

In my opinion, since miracles are the work of God they should be left to His will as to when and when not they will occur - but as Christians we should expect them.

Let it close! It was wounded and attacking from the get go.

True colors are revealed when one's purposes are crossed. Wax fruit.

Yes sir. You are correct, but it is not new for our friend. but it is expected to end like this as it uselly does.

You be safe Rusty and the Lord bless you in all that you do.

Oh sure.Totally agree!...I have been there when He has done amazing miracles, no question....but they...they are nothing like what so many advertise on TV and You Tube....

Agreed!

As has been stated many times before.....GOD does miracles. GOD heals!

BUT God is NOT at the beck and call of those men who would perpatrate fraud and lies to do nmothing but put a dollaer bill in their pocket AND that is what we are talking about.

The Holy Spirit is not a cosmic force that can be called on at will to do as we tell him to do.

GOD does what He wants to do and in fact He does not need one single person to ell him anything.

As has been stated many times before.....GOD does miracles. GOD heals!
BUT God is NOT at the beck and call of those men who would perpatrate fraud and lies
to do nmothing but put a dollaer bill in their pocket AND that is what we are talking about.
The Holy Spirit is not a cosmic force that can be called on at will to do as we tell him to do.
GOD does what He wants to do and in fact He does not need one single person to ell him anything.
I've never talked about anyone on TV or UTube.
I've never talked about the Holy Spirit having to respond to anyone's beck and call.

I've only talked about what Scripture says ...
re: the Holy Spirit baptism and the 9 spiritual power gifts,
and what I and many other evangelists have experienced.

I'm testifying to you that these spiritual gifts are for today, and have never "ceased".
And I've given you the reasons why the big churches chose to be man-controlled
instead of Spirit-controlled.

And for this, I've been treated like the Jews treated all of God's OT prophets.

You don't want spiritual truth, fine ...
I would have shaken the dust off my sandals weeks ago, but I don't have any sandals.
So, what's a poor evangelist to do?

I've never talked about anyone on TV or UTube.
I've never talked about the Holy Spirit having to respond to anyone's beck and call.

I've only talked about what Scripture says ...
re: the Holy Spirit baptism and the 9 spiritual power gifts,
and what I and many other evangelists have experienced.

I'm testifying to you that these spiritual gifts are for today, and have never "ceased".
And I've given you the reasons why the big churches chose to be man-controlled
instead of Spirit-controlled.

And for this, I've been treated like the Jews treated all of God's OT prophets.

You don't want spiritual truth, fine ...
I would have shaken the dust off my sandals weeks ago, but I don't have any sandals.
So, what's a poor evangelist to do?

Do what most others have done with you.............say goodbye!

Ev77 - you REALLY NEED to get over yourself.
Somehow you convinced yourself that God has chosen you to do great things, to convert the wayward masses.
But, you aren't qualified.
There is nothing Christlike (or even vaguely charitable) in your delivery.
Your dialog is not well thought out, nor particularly accurate.

Everyone here (as far as I know) is already converted, we don't need conversion.
I don't need your Bible quotes, I can read for myself.
I don't need your interpretation of scripture, I have the entire Magisterium of the Church for that, along with 2000 years of commentary from Saints and scholars of the Orthodox, Anglican, and Roman Catholic churches.

You have not not been treated as a prophet amongst skeptical Jews, you've been treated as a loud mouthed
know-it-all amongst people who know better.

Grow some humility.

Well, this seems like a good place to stop. I don't know that it was so much of a Bible study as it was an exchange of opinions and snark, but I'll leave it in the Bible Study forum anyway. This thread has covered pretty much the same ground as many other threads before with about the same results. People reading this thread in the future (and you'd be surprised how often people read threads that have faded far into the back pages) can make their own judgements as to the merits of this treatment of the topic.

Since I am going to leave this thread as is where is, I feel an obligation to make a comment or two. There were several rule violations (by more than one poster) in this thread and I would encourage everyone to review the Community Rules as a refresher. I did not delete any posts in this thread, even though some were sarcastic, insulting, hostile, or rude. Future readers can decide for themselves how that reflects on our claims to be followers of Christ with transformed lives and renewed minds. They can see for themselves how we express our love for one another and judge for themselves whether it is any different than what they see around them every day.

I am sorry if anyone felt insulted and put down and were disappointed that I did not step in and defend them or take more direct action. I looked at the participants and decided that they were all adults and could handle themselves. I took note of the reported posts and gave them due consideration in deciding how to handle this thread.

Finally, I don't normally go to this length or detail explaining the closing of a thread. Today I had the luxury of time. Am I being self indulgent? Does this lengthy post serve to build community, edify the members, encourage us in positive ways? Or is it just me getting in the last word and pontificating? That's for you to decide, and I am content for you to judge that however you will. This is just me talking to you now, in a quiet, calm moment before I go off and finish my rounds here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back