The Joy of You

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. ~ Phil. 3:7-14​

I can tell you that I have walked in the Spirit of God, and I have lived for my own flesh and for my own selfish desires, and there is nothing like walking with my Lord. I don’t ever want to go back to walking in the flesh. Nothing in this world is worth holding on to if it means loss of fellowship with my Lord Jesus. I want nothing more than Him!

The Joy of You / An Original Work / June 8, 2011

Based off of Philippians 3:7-14

Jesus, keep me near the cross.
Let me count my life but loss
Compared to the joy of You;
Transformed life; walking anew.
Faith in Christ, turning from sin;
Holy Spirit now within.
Overcoming sin’s dark sway;
Sharing Christ’s suff’rings always.
Becoming like Him in death;
Meeting Him at my last breath.