The Joy Of Salvation!

If some people say, "God is not a mystery" and presumed to identify Him, then:

Who was the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses?
His name?

Who was the God of Peter and Paul?
His name?

Who is the God that the chosen/elect will meet in heaven and to be with in His Eternal Kingdom?
His name?

The problem comes when we look in the wrong places for joy. Many, many people allow their present circumstances to dictate the JOY they have in their life. The problem with that kind of action is that circumstances will betry you. Some place their happiness in EMOTIONS and those to will fade away because they are temporary.

This is the toughest thing, though. We're very much programmed to think and feel the present. I don't know why this happens, but it sure does. Even though this seems like a worn-out message, the truth is we need to listen to it every now and then. Not just hear, but really listen.

His name?

His name?

Who is the God that the chosen/elect will meet in heaven and to be with in His Eternal Kingdom?
His name?

Now I'm curious! Who is He?

I hope this is not one of those cases in which the final revelations doen't live up to our expectations. Like in "Lost". That was frustrating...

Major,

What do you suppose Paul is referring to when he says, "face to face"? Is He not referring to the "face" of God?

Yes and No.

The believer now needs no longer to "know in part". The complete Word of God is come according to verse #10 and the believer can see and speak face to face with God in the Word.

"NOW I KNOW in part, but then shall I know even as also I am known" (vs 10).

When we look into the Word of God, we are in fact speaking face to face with God because the Word IS God. The believer need no longer to "know in part". IMO verse #10 also speaks to the fullness of our salvation. People KNOW me and I KNOW them but the question of life is "will I know my loved ones in heaven". That is what this verse tells us. "WE WILL BE KNOWN THEN AS WE ARE KNOW NOW BY OUR LOVED ONES".

Yes and No.

The believer now needs no longer to "know in part". The complete Word of God is come according to verse #10 and the believer can see and speak face to face with God in the Word.

"NOW I KNOW in part, but then shall I know even as also I am known" (vs 10).

When we look into the Word of God, we are in fact speaking face to face with God because the Word IS God. The believer need no longer to "know in part". IMO verse #10 also speaks to the fullness of our salvation. People KNOW me and I KNOW them but the question of life is "will I know my loved ones in heaven". That is what this verse tells us. "WE WILL BE KNOWN THEN AS WE ARE KNOW NOW BY OUR LOVED ONES".

Paul was quite clear in saying that whereas we now only know in part, we will know in full when the time of perfection comes (v.10).

To know the One True God is basic to salvation. For how can we love the God that we do not know? Otherwise, we (people) would be dumbfounded hear HIM with this very sharp rebuke:

Luke 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

And, to those using His NAME (Jesus Christ):

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now that we still have time TO KNOW the One True God, is it not prudent to:

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Major,

Concerning 1 Cor. 13:12, you wrote:
That verse has nothing at all to do with how we see God. That verse is the answer to the question of.......................
"Will I know my loved ones in heaven".

I must be missing something here. Where was the question posed in the text?

Major, you misunderstood what I asked you.

You wrote:
That verse is the answer to the question of.......................

Where was that question posed in Paul's text? I'm trying to place the context.

Major, you misunderstood what I asked you.

You wrote:

Where was that question posed in Paul's text? I'm trying to place the context.

No my friend............."I" asked that question.

My comment was:

As I stated, many people over time have asked that same question and IMHO the answer is in 1 Corth.13.

No my friend............."I" asked that question.

My comment was:

As I stated, many people over time have asked that same question and IMHO the answer is in 1 Corth.13.

In that case, I must advise you that what you wrote was misleading. I don't mean to suggest that you were trying to be misleading, but the way you phrased your thought gave the indication that you suggesting the text raised that question!

In any case, I do not disagree that the text carries the implications you noted concerning seeing our loved ones in Heaven. Thanks for the discussion, Major.

We know God, but not in full; There is much of God that is yet a mystery to the mind of man.

That is human wisdom, the dictate of the "intellect, senses, and feeling." Do we realize that HUMAN WISDOM is actually the "Tree of knowledge of good and evil?"

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Let us think this over, "Eating the fruits of this TREE OF KNOWLEDGE" results in "Man's standard of good and evil."

Is this not written, and of course it refers to God's chosen few:

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Questions on this is welcome.

That is human wisdom, the dictate of the "intellect, senses, and feeling." Do we realize that HUMAN WISDOM is actually the "Tree of knowledge of good and evil?"

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Let us think this over, "Eating the fruits of this TREE OF KNOWLEDGE" results in "Man's standard of good and evil."

Is this not written, and of course it refers to God's chosen few:

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Questions on this is welcome.

At Judgment Day, can we give as an alibi that the "God we love" is a mystery?
What do we expect God to tell us?

Which comes first, "To KNOW or to LOVE?"

At Judgment Day, can we give as an alibi that the "God we love" is a mystery?
What do we expect God to tell us?
Which comes first, "To KNOW or to LOVE?"

It depends. There is the first love that is an issue of life. It comes before knowledge.

There is also perfect love that passesth knowledge - see Eph. 3:19.

The later comes with the wisdom and understanding of God in perfection, even by the kingdom of God.

His name?

His name?

His name?
Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers of the people and elders of Israel: If we this day are judged for a good deed done to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well, let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
from Acts 4:8,9,10,11,12.
That is the name we have been given; that is the name we should be happy with using.
Let us pray that we will never be ashamed of that name!
blessings,
calvin

Back