The Journey

The Christian's foot steps are ordered and all things work together to the good.
Today:
If I have a trial do I grumble or see it as a stepping stone?
If I have a wonderful experience do I count the day as successful and complete, or do I recognize that it has a higher good?
If I have a genius experience does my head swell or do I look up?
Scripture says that our righteousness is as filthy rags. I understand that it is in part because we are self centered. But we are blessed because God will accomplish the good work dispite ourselves and so it must be for all glory belongs to Him.

Hello 2404;

It's good to fellowship with you again, and thank you for sharing The Journey.

I struggle with all that you pointed out, and this is why I'm reminded each day of Him, it all belongs to Him, He reveals His purpose for His glory.

Two areas that attack me. When I get in my car and drive, and when I'm attending one of our Bible studies where I'm the youngest at 65 and my friends are in their 70s, 80s, and 90s.

When I'm driving. Proverbs 11:12, 12 Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.

When I'm with my wife, family, church and strangers. Philippians 2:3-5, 3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,

When I'm wrong and the other is right. James 4:6, 6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

When I'm surrounded by my parents and seniors. 1 Peter 5:5, 5 Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

These are good lessons among other Scriptures that speak to me and I chew on them, daily. But I also have to be reminded, constantly, which is what
you just did in this topic. Thank you, 2404.

God bless you, brother, your family and your ministry.

Back