THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I am praying here for you and the Mrs! I admire your strength and your faith! The bible says Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.. you sure do delight yourself in him, so he will be giving you all those desires including complete healing! Love you both!

Oh, thankyou so much, sweetie! I prayed soon as Beloved told me her fingers and arm was going numb, simply putting her into the Lord's hands, assuring Him that I trusted Him totally - and a few more short prayers as the TIA developed and she had trouble with words etc. From there both of us were totally at rest.

This morning there appears to be a very little residual from last night, so Doc will be coming to see her in a few hours time, probably ordering a scan we imagine.

Another reason we are calm is that ALL our affairs are in order at all times, including all the notes she's put on the computer for me in case she goes to hospital or whatever. They tell me totally how to keep the place going, pay bills, etc., etc. She is nothing if not ORGANISED!! But it allows her to relax, knowing I wouldn't ever be left with an ill husband's life in a total mess! (Yup, I know I'm spoilt rotten with my Beloved!!)

HUGS N HUGS!!

- BM

Hello Inner room folks. I have a question. I made a thread about it but nobody replied so if you guys don't mind, I would like to post my question here. If that is ok...

Exodus 20:4
"You shall not make for yourself an idol (or graven image), or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth below or in the water under the earth."

Now for my question. It says no graven image or any likeness of what is in heaven or on the earth. No image or likeness of anything is what it says. So my question is, does that mean we cannot make an image of anything like it states? Including crosses, trees, flowers etc? That is what it says in the verse. Any likeness of anything it states.​
If anybody can answer this question for me, that would be wonderful. Thank you!​

If it states true then that would mean that wearing even crosses would be wrong. Or drawing crosses since drawing is making an image of the likeness of something on the earth. I also enjoy drawing and this commandment would prevent me from making images (with a pencil, carving the markings of lead into the paper) of trees, of grass, of a cross and even of my fiance so this question is rather important, especially because of the crosses. A cross is a graven image.

Hello Inner room folks. I have a question. I made a thread about it but nobody replied so if you guys don't mind, I would like to post my question here. If that is ok...

Exodus 20:4
"You shall not make for yourself an idol (or graven image), or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth below or in the water under the earth."

Now for my question. It says no graven image or any likeness of what is in heaven or on the earth. No image or likeness of anything is what it says. So my question is, does that mean we cannot make an image of anything like it states? Including crosses, trees, flowers etc? That is what it says in the verse. Any likeness of anything it states.​

If anybody can answer this question for me, that would be wonderful. Thank you!​

Hi Phil, and welcome to the Inner Room!

I think your problem may have arisen from the translation you quoted. The NIV says: Exodus 20:4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below." Here it's saying first of all: 'don't make an idol'. Then it specifies NO IDOL in the form of, well, anything! Put these together and it's clear that you may draw or make a copy of anything you like, SO LONG AS you're not doing this as an IDOL that you're going to worship!!

Which I'm sure you're NOT, as it's clear that the activities you said are NOT so you can worship them! Therefore, they are all perfectly fine.

Hope that helps. If anything further, feel free to ask.

Love and blessings to you!

- BM

Hi Phil, and welcome to the Inner Room!

I think your problem may have arisen from the translation you quoted. The NIV says: Exodus 20:4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below." Here it's saying first of all: 'don't make an idol'. Then it specifies NO IDOL in the form of, well, anything! Put these together and it's clear that you may draw or make a copy of anything you like, SO LONG AS you're not doing this as an IDOL that you're going to worship!!

Which I'm sure you're NOT, as it's clear that the activities you said are NOT so you can worship them! Therefore, they are all perfectly fine.

Hope that helps. If anything further, feel free to ask.

Love and blessings to you!

- BM
I have the the NASB. (New American Standard Bible) I thought that was a fairly good one.

Thank you and yes it's not for something to worship. For example, I have a cross necklace and it's not something I worship or pray to. It's symbolic but it is a graven image... Same with drawing. Drawing trees or grass etc, would be making a graven image. I was a bit confused if it meant making an image for an idol or making an image just in general.
Thank you for clearing that up.

I've done research on what a graven image is, Phil. It's basically an idol, something carved or cut from stone or wood in the form of a god to be worshipped as god. Thus pagan images were their gods. They are graven images. God warned His people NOT to follow the pagan way. He, God, is a spirit and so has no form to be able to copy. Then Aaron foolishly created the cow to be worshipped! It was a forbidden graven image. According to the definitions I've found your cross is not a graven image, and drawings etc. certainly aren't (they may be an image, but are NOT a graven image).

- BM

I've done research on what a graven image is, Phil. It's basically an idol, something carved or cut from stone or wood in the form of a god to be worshipped as god. Thus pagan images were their gods. They are graven images. God warned His people NOT to follow the pagan way. He, God, is a spirit and so has no form to be able to copy. Then Aaron foolishly created the cow to be worshipped! It was a forbidden graven image. According to the definitions I've found your cross is not a graven image, and drawings etc. certainly aren't (they may be an image, but are NOT a graven image).

- BM
Well I think a cross might be bad if you pray to it but if it's merely just symbolic then maybe it would be ok?

Oh no, don't do that. The Roman Catholic way with crosses and beads and things is awful. The cross you wear is symbolic of you like, and harmless. But if we PRAY to a thing then we are TURNING it into a god to us!! (similar to fetishes that primitive tribes and some cultures have - things they consider 'sacred', and that actually have satanic power associated with them and can be quite dangerous! There's a lesson there! In India for example, I've seen a picture of all their different fetishes hung up outside a simple church building to rot away in the elements, as they gave them up when they believed in Jesus and gave their life to Him!!

- BM

Oh no, don't do that. The Roman Catholic way with crosses and beads and things is awful. The cross you wear is symbolic of you like, and harmless. But if we PRAY to a thing then we are TURNING it into a god to us!! (similar to fetishes that primitive tribes and some cultures have - things they consider 'sacred', and that actually have satanic power associated with them and can be quite dangerous! There's a lesson there! In India for example, I've seen a picture of all their different fetishes hung up outside a simple church building to rot away in the elements, as they gave them up when they believed in Jesus and gave their life to Him!!

- BM
Oh, don't worry. I don't worship idols. I was asking the question because another Christian my wife knows doesn't have a cross because she says it is an image and it would be wrong having images. There is really no point in praying to a cross, an image because then you aren't praying to God... It's a bit pointless. Lol.

Hi everyone. Sorry to bother you guys again. I have another verse that I can't quite figure out, wondering if any of you know.
John 20:23
"If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them: if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."

If anyone can help me with this verse, I would highly appreciate it. Thanks a ton.

Not exactly a verse where it's meaning is obvious perhaps, Phil! Things were on the march in this world of ours. The Son had suffered, died, and risen from the dead. The disciples feared for their lives and hid from the authorities. Jesus appeared to them in the room they were in. In verse 22 it's recorded that He breathed on them, saying, "Receive the Holy Spirit." Perhaps this could be equated with us receiving the Spirit when we've repented of our sins against God, and then believed in Jesus. The Holy Spirit changes us and comes to live in us. But probably we are not yet FILLED with the Spirit.

So this filling gave some power to them from the moment He breathed on them, It was also a foretaste of the filling with the Spirit that was soon to happen at Pentecost. In the room Jesus spoke of this power to come when He spoke v. 23 about the forgiving of sin or of no forgiveness. As preachers of the gospel of Christ these men would go into the world with something akin to a power of life and death: where they preached a clear and true message there went forth from their lips a gift of forgiveness to those who received and believed it; conversely those who rejected the message received no remission, no forgiveness of their sins.

This places great responsibility upon those TODAY who would dare to minister and preach the message of salvation: it must be from a pure heart and a clear knowledge of the New Testament, in order that full forgiveness may be made available to the hearer. That we live in age where this is broadly speaking not so, brings a clarion call of a return to the words to apostles and ministers in John 20:23!

Hope that may be of some help, my friend.

- BM

Not exactly a verse where it's meaning is obvious perhaps, Phil! Things were on the march in this world of ours. The Son had suffered, died, and risen from the dead. The disciples feared for their lives and hid from the authorities. Jesus appeared to them in the room they were in. In verse 22 it's recorded that He breathed on them, saying, "Receive the Holy Spirit." Perhaps this could be equated with us receiving the Spirit when we've repented of our sins against God, and then believed in Jesus. The Holy Spirit changes us and comes to live in us. But probably we are not yet FILLED with the Spirit.

So this filling gave some power to them from the moment He breathed on them, It was also a foretaste of the filling with the Spirit that was soon to happen at Pentecost. In the room Jesus spoke of this power to come when He spoke v. 23 about the forgiving of sin or of no forgiveness. As preachers of the gospel of Christ these men would go into the world with something akin to a power of life and death: where they preached a clear and true message there went forth from their lips a gift of forgiveness to those who received and believed it; conversely those who rejected the message received no remission, no forgiveness of their sins.

This places great responsibility upon those TODAY who would dare to minister and preach the message of salvation: it must be from a pure heart and a clear knowledge of the New Testament, in order that full forgiveness may be made available to the hearer. That we live in age where this is broadly speaking not so, brings a clarion call of a return to the words to apostles and ministers in John 20:23!

Hope that may be of some help, my friend.

- BM
Thanks, Bondman.

So true Bondman and thank you for continuing to teach me as the Lord has gifted me with sharing the message. I was off work yesterday due to a bum knee, and so I went to the bus as it is out in the mornings parked so folks can come on. On Thursdays we are parked in front of an Drug and Alcohol rehab facility. A woman came on the bus who had been on there for a couple of weeks in a row, normally i am not there. We got to chit chatting and I was sharing the message. She told me she had not yet given her life to the Lord. We had an awesome conversation then with tears in her eyes, she said I really want to give my life to him and have him be in my heart . We talked about all the scriptures before she did. Then we bowed our heads and closed our eyes. (i confess I peeked..lol).. with tears coming down her face, she confessed to the Lord and cried out to him.. it was one of the most moving salvations i have witnessed. Afterwards, Paul and I and the two pastors on board shared more scripture with her and Paul gave her a large print bible. She was an alchohlic and her life had been stolen away. We shared with her that she did not need to stand in front of an AA g roup and say " I am an alcoholic".. no .. the truth shall set you free. It was an amazing morning, so amazing I forogt about the pain I had in my knee!
God gives divine appointments , but we must be ready, equippped and in tune with his spirit. We were just talking yesterday about his spirit within us and the power of the spirit.
I love you and the Mrs. I continue to pray for complete healing for the both of you! and.... thank you , thank you, thank you for giving me tough love, thank you for not sugar coating it, I would not be where I am today, if you had not allowed the Lord to use you to bring the truth to others!
Faithwoman

Wow, hon, being with that lady sure sounds like it was very special!! It's wonderful to hear of you using your gift of sharing the Good News!! We need so many more, don't we!

I suppose it was tough love, but you always accepted it where most others would have been offended and turned away. You didn't, and so you have gone on to reap the reward of you being prepared to face the truth. Your face was set towards Jesus, and finding and learning to love and serve HIM!! He's changed your life a great deal, and it's always been wonderful - and exciting - to see!

Bless you, dear one!!

- BM

FROM BONDMAN

Such a long time since I've written! My sincere apologies. Life has become a little more difficult.as both of us continue to have more things wrong with us, but without answers, or without sure answers.

I am riding round the house more in Gertie than in a long time - I do try to use crutches as much as I can so my body doesn't give up on me. But not much at the moment. I get out of breath just changing my clothes twice daily, and it doesn't take much to wear me out.

We are both trying hard to be "up and going" tomorrow (3rd) as Beloved celebrates reaching the big 5-0h (many years we fail to have our birthdays on the day). We, Karen and a friend will go out to have coffee and cakes, and hopefully enjoy our time together. I will be presenting my Love with an Eternity Ring - many years too late. She's never asked for one, but sure has deserved it. It's gold with 3 mid-pink stones slightly off-set. We searched the Net together to find what we wanted, then she and Karen found it at a local jewellers - and for about half price as well!! It's quite lovely and will suit her down to the ground. I'll try for a pic.

PREVIOUS QUESTION: John is about to take his family home after visiting relatives. He prays, "Lord, be with us now as we travel home, and give us journeying mercies." What's wrong with this prayer?

I wonder how many million times God's been asked the foolish request to "be with us now"? Apparently we neither know the Scriptures, nor believe them. Or is it that our relationship with the Lord is very poor and extremely shallow? John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. The true Believer can never get away from God even if he tried! He is constantly with us and in us. The New Testament speaks of Jesus living IN us, the Holy Spirit IN us, and God the Father right there WITH us all of the time.

Pray to become aware of His Presence. The more you do the better your Christian life will be - and you won't ever pray: "Lord, please be with me."

NEXT QUESTION: You've repented of all sin committed against God; you've believed in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour; you've been baptised in water and received the Holy Spirit; you know that 'faith without works is dead'; you've committed your whole life to the Lord to love and obey Him forever.

Do all of this and there is still one thing "thou lackest", as Jesus might have said - something very serious concerning your ultimate destination at the Judgment. And very very few seem aware of it - what is it?

I pray all the love of the Lord Jesus to each one of you!!!

- BM

That's nice!
Wishing a blessed and wonderful

55.gif
to your Lady!!!

Much love and many blessings!!!

Oh, God's_Child, that was so lovely of you! The bear holding a big bunch of long-stem red roses is perfect!! Beloved hasn't had roses for ages, but with Karen's help she got exactly that for her 50th. She sure deserves them, and I was able to use accumulated gift money given to us at different times to pay for them. The rose-growers and florists kindly threw in a second big bunch of pale pink short-stem roses which are almost as beautiful as the deep, deep red ones! Wow!!

She nearly collapsed on the spot when I presented her with a large bunch of red roses! Wish I'd got a pic of the look of shock and surprise on her face! Makes a hubby a very happy man!

And we both were up to going out for a foursome to a very cheap but lovely Birthday lunch, where she received her Eternity Ring at long last (also paid for out of gift money), and we renewed our vows in a simple way in front of two friends and a number of absent ones. We're both very worn out tonight, naturally enough, but what a wondrous day it's been! Thankyou to those who prayed for us, and thankyou Lord for answering!!

Bless you heaps, dear one, and thankyou so much!!

- BM

How wonderful and excited I am for you and your Beloved. Would have loved to have been there but your description was perfect. So glad you were able to make the Birthday luncheon and while I know you're now worn out I know you feel like you're floating on a cloud. Both of you. Rest well my friends and God bless.

Oh, I am so happy to hear that this day was wondrous for you and your Lady!!! All glory to God caring so wonderfully for His children!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back