The Importance of Repentance

Hi Dusty,
Alesia and I have two full time inside cats, although we will let them wander around inside our gated fence from time to time. Sheeba is going on 17 years old and weighs about 7 pounds. Clovis, the male cat is roughly around 30 pounds and is 8 years old. We feed them healthy food, we do not know what to do with Clovis when it comes to weight. We also have Tomcat, who we adopted a few years ago when we moved into our home. He kept on scratching at our door. So we now let him in our home from time to time. He loves to sit on my wife's lap when he comes in. Sheeba is obsessive about sitting on my lap. Often I wake up around 2 or 3 in the morning to pray, study, and write, ( I write booklets), and there are a couple of cats outside waiting to be fed. So, what do we do? we feed them. After all, they are God's creatures. By the way, my wife is a nurse of 29 years now.

I hope the conditions are favorable up north.

John S.

Hey John,

I am so happy that you and the wife are cat lovers as you probably saw.... I have two. They are 7 and one half and seven..... Mother and son. They don't go outside as I live on a busy street so don't want any harm to come to them.

But yah , I agree, if I had cats at my door , I would feed them too ... Trouble is then they will aways come.... so what do you do.?

But your wife has a ways to go yet to catch me of 45 yrs but God is good and now I wonder how I did it as now I go back once a week to volunteer there . It is a stroke floor and God sustained me through all the heavy lifting and even some of the young ones coudn't do it.

Thanks for your encouragement and today the weather is almost 100 degrees so what does that say for the north ... eh?

Blessings to you and your wife and may the Lord bless and sustain her as she labours for Him.

Hey John,

I am so happy that you and the wife are cat lovers as you probably saw.... I have two. They are 7 and one half and seven..... Mother and son. They don't go outside as I live on a busy street so don't want any harm to come to them.

But yah , I agree, if I had cats at my door , I would feed them too ... Trouble is then they will aways come.... so what do you do.?

But your wife has a ways to go yet to catch me of 45 yrs but God is good and now I wonder how I did it as now I go back once a week to volunteer there . It is a stroke floor and God sustained me through all the heavy lifting and even some of the young ones coudn't do it.

Thanks for your encouragement and today the weather is almost 100 degrees so what does that say for the north ... eh?

Blessings to you and your wife and may the Lord bless and sustain her as she labours for Him.

You're kidding, 100 degrees that far north?, I'll have to turn on the TV. I'm curious now. .... I know it's always a challenge when other cats are in the neighborhood. They can only do what they do, and that is a demand for food and water!

45 years!!. Wow!!, and a stroke floor at that. God bless you over and over sister. .... Take care. John

Well maybe I am exagerating the heat a little cause I can't transpose 35 centigrade as I know that you guys have farenheit and they said with the humidity it was 40 degrees. But the forcast for tomorrow is supposed to be cooler 25 degrees.centigrade. Anyways it felt like 100 today.The air conditioning is going constantly. Thanks John God Bless.

I would be interested in that book if you want to pm it to me thanks.

We don't always live in the land of ice and snow..... LOL...And I do not live in an igloo.... Haha. Actually we had a very hot and dry summer and the grass and trees are all brown.

You're kidding, 100 degrees that far north?, I'll have to turn on the TV. I'm curious now. .... I know it's always a challenge when other cats are in the neighborhood. They can only do what they do, and that is a demand for food and water!

45 years!!. Wow!!, and a stroke floor at that. God bless you over and over sister. .... Take care. John

Rain in Fresno CA.

Well maybe I am exagerating the heat a little cause I can't transpose 35 centigrade as I know that you guys have farenheit and they said with the humidity it was 40 degrees. But the forcast for tomorrow is supposed to be cooler 25 degrees.centigrade. Anyways it felt like 100 today.The air conditioning is going constantly. Thanks John God Bless.

We don't always live in the land of ice and snow..... LOL...And I do not live in an igloo.... Haha. Actually we had a very hot and dry summer and the grass and trees are all brown.

Hi Dusty,

I hear ya, I can't even remember the conversion equation from C to F or F to C. I think nine fifths is involved. ... Speaking of weather, I fell like I'm back in SouthWest Minnesota. Living in Fresno California now it's been raining with thunder and lightning, that' highly unusual and can be a possible flooding concern.

Just thought you would find this quote on repentance by a Christian lady author of interest:

"It was taught by the Jews that before God's love is extended to the sinner, he must first repent. In their view, repentance is a work by which men earn the favor of Heaven. And it was this thought that led the Pharisees to exclaim in astonishment and anger. "This man receiveth sinners." According to their ideas He should permit none to approach Him but those who had repented. But in the parable of the lost sheep, Christ teaches that salvation does not come through our seeking after God but through God's seeking after us. "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way." Rom. 3:11, 12. We do not repent in order that God may love us, but He reveals to us His love in order that we may repent." End quote

John

No Reputation

Here is my email [email protected] and then you can let me know where to send the book on Mary.

By the way, I don't think I can PM you because I don't have a "reputation!"

Just for interests sake, here is an excerpt from a preacher of righteousness on "reputation." By the way, since you're in the medical field, this preacher was a licensed physician but gave it up at an early age to be preacher because of his love for the Lord. He wrote in the style so that the simple layman could understand, like me!

CHARACTER and reputation are often used interchangeably. We say that a man has a good character when we mean a good reputation. They are widely different. Reputation is what people think of us; character is what we really are. The worldly heart prizes reputation; the Lord, and those who are his, prize character. Sometimes men who are of unblemished character have bad reputations, because they bear an unpopular message of reform; on the other hand, men of bad character so cloak their deeds that they bear in the world a good reputation. “A good name” is to be prized; but infinitely above this is a good character. That alone will avail us in the judgment; that alone is prized of God; and it can be built up only through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor. 3:11; Matt. 7:24-27.

IT is easy to cavil or find fault. It does not require a great mind. ... He who follows what he knows to be right, will have more light revealed to him, and will have no desire to cavil. “If any man will do his [God’s] will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God.” John 7:17. This is an infallible test if we do God’s will from the heart, and it can be done in no other way.

... What was the joy that was set before Christ? It seems as though the question is fully answered in Phil. 2:6, 7, which says that although Christ was in the form of God, he “thought it not robbery to be equal with God; but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant.” The idea is, as expressed in the Revised Version, that he counted it not a prize, or a thing to be grasped or held to, to be equal with God; but he emptied himself." END Quote

John

Thankyou , John for that quote.

It was taught by the Jews that before God's love is extended to the sinner, he must first repent. In their view, repentance is a work by which men earn the favor of Heaven. And it was this thought that led the Pharisees to exclaim in astonishment and anger. "This man receiveth sinners." According to their ideas He should permit none to approach Him but those who had repented. But in the parable of the lost sheep, Christ teaches that salvation does not come through our seeking after God but through God's seeking after us. "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way." Rom. 3:11, 12. We do not repent in order that God may love us, but He reveals to us His love in order that we may repent." End quote

John

That"s good food to chew on.

You and will have to disagree about what your bible says- I believe repentance form sin is a cornerstone of the christian faith and you don't. It's ok - if we disagree over interpetation on the small stuff as long as we are born again we are brethren.:D

The cornerstone of Christian faith is the cross! Jesus is always first, man is nothing. The only way anyone receives repentance is because Christ died for us.

Blessings to you in Christ,
John

I do not understand. I have sent you my email address. Thanks Dusty.

I meant for you to use the private messaging that the forum supplies and you said you could not because of your reputation and I didn't know what you meant by that.

Anyways I sent you a pm ( private message)

Cheers, and its nice here today 25 degrees centigrade. But still no rain.

Repentance is a command for salvation as well as faith. No repentance no salvation.

I believe the same freedom.After all we were born sinners and now we are sinners saved by Grace. We have to repent of our sins to be accepted into the family of God. And it is not just a one time thing..... It is on going but each time is a learning process and Holy Spirit teachs us.

:jesus-sign::jesus-cross:

I meant for you to use the private messaging that the forum supplies and you said you could not because of your reputation and I didn't know what you meant by that.

Anyways I sent you a pm ( private message)

Cheers, and its nice here today 25 degrees centigrade. But still no rain.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I cannot send a private message, for I have not been on the forum "long" enough, according to the guidelines of this forum. Thats all I'm saying.

John

Back