The Importance of Repentance

body, soul, spirit

See if you can find any info on the triune man- it may help you understand-

I know that mankind is made up of body, soul, and spirit. Mankind has a fallen nature, yes, even after conversion.

But perhaps you can enlighten me from the Bible, it sounds like a specific "in house," "community consensus" teaching. For I do not find anything that states "triune man" in my Bible. Again, perhaps you can give me precept upon precept by simply listing some scripture. Thanks.

John

Genesis 1:26 . . . "And God said, Let us make man in Our image, after Our likeness . . ."

Spiritually we are already like Christ, but the flesh gets in the way. That's where faith comes in. We must be strong enough in our faith to allow Christ to show forth in our lives; whether anyone else approves or not.

Yes my dear InHIsLove...... Very good explanation. As they say ......By jove I think you got it. LOL

Yes, that flesh does get in the way but by the power of Jesus Christ we can resist sin and flee from it.That is why it is important to read our Bible and pray and He will lead us by the hand..... ever so gently cause He is a Gentleman, walk us through our trials if we put our all at the altar, leaving self behind and focus on the cross.

We cannot worry about people like you said. We have to work out our own salvation. People will not get us to heaven, only the Blood of Jesus Christ. So turn your eyes upon Jesus ,look full in His glorious face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and Grace.

Hallalujah,!!!! Praise His name forever and ever.

I am crucified with Christ. He lives in me. Amen and amen.

PreciousMessage I feel you are the type of person who loves to argue for arguements sake and after much prayer I have decided to cease my conversation with you-goodby and I wish you well- Larry

Preciousmessages...... Please explain to me what you mean by this statement cause it is not to clear in my mind:
Again, even after conversion, our nature still remains fallen until corruption puts on incorruption. Hence, we stay away from the idea of the immaculate conception. Truth lies close to error, they run on parallel paths.
I really don't understand why we would stay away from the idea of the immaculate conception.? That is the basis of what we build our salvation upon. I believe that Jesus was born of a virgin and that it is a miracle of God. Truth and error do not run on parallel paths. Truth is what my Bible teaches and error is what satan wants us to believe. The two have to be divided. My Bible teaches me to stand firm on the Word of God and with the Lord's help and guidance and Holy Spirit prompting me. I can do all things in His Name , the Name that is above every other Name , the Name of Jesus Christ.

Mary sinless?

Preciousmessages...... Please explain to me what you mean by this statement cause it is not to clear in my mind: I really don't understand why we would stay away from the idea of the immaculate conception.? That is the basis of what we build our salvation upon. I believe that Jesus was born of a virgin and that it is a miracle of God. Truth and error do not run on parallel paths. Truth is what my Bible teaches and error is what satan wants us to believe. The two have to be divided. My Bible teaches me to stand firm on the Word of God and with the Lord's help and guidance and Holy Spirit prompting me. I can do all things in His Name , the Name that is above every other Name , the Name of Jesus Christ.

Thanks for your comments,

The immaculate conception actually teaches that Mary was sinless, and that she did not possess a fallen nature as the rest of mankind. Hence, Jesus did not really come in the "likeness" of sinful flesh." Rom. 8:3. This separates Him from the rest of humanity and gives no hope to the sin sick soul who only sees Jesus as far away and not close at hand, next of kin as described in Ruth. Therefore the teaching of the immaculate conception is a very devilish teaching indeed. This is why truth and error lie close together. A 3 dollar bill is not counterfeit money, just play money. But a counterfeit 1 dollar bill can get by us.

Satan is subtle, not obvious, IF, we do not stick closely to scripture and give up our preconceived ideals that many have ingested since their cultural, community consensus, traditional teachings, never letting the Bible speak to them, often the people going to the Bible with their own belief system, adjusting the scriptures as such.

But Dusty, Christ is the victory, may we go to the Bible with a contrite heart. I would gladly share with you a deeper more glorious insight to the gospel in contrast to the false teaching of the immaculate conception.

Blessings to you in Christ,
John

So preciousmessage...... Is that the teaching of the Catholic Church because I do not believe that Mary was sinless. She was human just like you and me but she was a virgin and that is why she was chosen by God to bear our Lord. I do in no way put Mary on a pedistal as she was just God's willing vessel. So that is where the confusion came in as am not up on Catholisism. Sorry for the misinterpretation. I don't need any more explanation . I know in whom I believe and whom I have accepted into my heart and He is first in my life.Thankyou very much for Your time.

Sorry for the confusion. Bottom line I am a very simple person without all the education that you all have but I know that I know that know and cannot be persuaded likewise. And Jesus
Christ is Lord in my life.

I guess where the confusion came is that I was wondering where this came in, in prospective to the topic of repentance. But you know you have to be patient with me cause I am a senior........ LOL. And it doesn't take too much to confuse me.

Yes my dear InHIsLove...... Very good explanation. As they say ......By jove I think you got it. LOL

Yes, that flesh does get in the way but by the power of Jesus Christ we can resist sin and flee from it.That is why it is important to read our Bible and pray and He will lead us by the hand..... ever so gently cause He is a Gentleman, walk us through our trials if we put our all at the altar, leaving self behind and focus on the cross.

We cannot worry about people like you said. We have to work out our own salvation. People will not get us to heaven, only the Blood of Jesus Christ. So turn your eyes upon Jesus ,look full in His glorious face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and Grace.

Hallalujah,!!!! Praise His name forever and ever.

I am crucified with Christ. He lives in me. Amen and amen.
:jesus-cross::israel::bow::amen:

Sinless Mary?

It is a Catholic teaching. I'd say 99% of individuals believe it refers to Christ's conception, but it does refer to Mary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_conception

Very good, you're an investigator of truth. Since Paul stated that he was determined not to know anything but Christ crucified then we need to know everything he says has to do with the "true gospel." "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect." (1 Cor. 1:17).

The gospel and the cross are synonymous. They are synchronous, just as the book of Proverbs makes one statement and follows with another like statement of different words to bring the teaching home in our minds.

A preacher of righteousness said:

"Was Christ, that holy thing which was bron of the virgin Mary, born in sinless flesh? Did you ever hear of the Roman Catholic doctrine of the immaculate conception? ... The doctrine of the IC is that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was born sinless. Why?--Ostensibly to magnify Jesus; really the work of the devil to put a wide gulf between Jesus the Saviour of men, and the men whom he came to save, so that one could not pass over the other ...

... One of the most encouraging things in the Bible is the knowledge that Christ took on him the nature of man ... If Christ had not been made in all things like unto his brethren, then his sinless life would be no encouragement to us. We might look at it with admiration, but it would be the admiration that would cause hopeless despair." End Quote.

"God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh."

Many have followed the teaching of the immaculate conception, stating that Christ really did not come in the "likeness of sinful flesh" but the "unlikeness of sinful flesh."

In other words, his temptations were only a sham, play acting if you will. Yet we know that Jesus lived by faith in His Father, having to contend with the nature of man, as all of have to.

Paul stated, "O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?"

Let me be clear. There are many sincere Christians who believe in the immaculate conception out of ignorance who are more dedicated and love Jesus more so then me.

Yet, in these last days, the true gospel will go throughout the whole world, God is fair, He will not let anyone be deceived who does not want to be deceived. God "winks" at our ignorance.

It is not our ignorance that will be the losing of our soul, but the continual, deliberate, rejection of the true gospel.

John

We are all sinners saved by grace

So preciousmessage...... Is that the teaching of the Catholic Church because I do not believe that Mary was sinless. She was human just like you and me but she was a virgin and that is why she was chosen by God to bear our Lord. I do in no way put Mary on a pedistal as she was just God's willing vessel. So that is where the confusion came in as am not up on Catholisism. Sorry for the misinterpretation. I don't need any more explanation . I know in whom I believe and whom I have accepted into my heart and He is first in my life.Thankyou very much for Your time.

Sorry for the confusion. Bottom line I am a very simple person without all the education that you all have but I know that I know that know and cannot be persuaded likewise. And Jesus
Christ is Lord in my life.

I guess where the confusion came is that I was wondering where this came in, in prospective to the topic of repentance. But you know you have to be patient with me cause I am a senior........ LOL. And it doesn't take too much to confuse me.

Hi Dusty,

No apology necessary, God winks at us. That means He "winks" at my lack of knowledge ever continuously. We can thank Him for His mercy and compassion for us.

blessings in Christ for you,

John

Thanks John ,and God bless you as He does me.

Hi Dusty,

No apology necessary, God winks at us. That means He "winks" at my lack of knowledge ever continuously. We can thank Him for His mercy and compassion for us.

blessings in Christ for you,

John

I believe there is a difference between repentance and forgiveness.

Repentance is when we ask for forgiveness and turn away from that sin. We may continue to struggle with that sin from time to time, but we never actually fall back into it full force.

Forgiveness is when we ask for forgiveness for a particular sin but continue to fall back into it full force. We sincerely ask for forgiveness each time (and are forgiven), but we somehow just can't seem to get total victory.

I beleive we cannot repent without being forgiven, but we can be forgiven without repenting.

I remember hearing a preacher say before that he kept struggling with this one particular sin. He never said what the sin was, but every time he committed that sin he would (almost immediately) ask God to forgive him. God would forgive him each time, but he continued commiting that sin. He would ask for forgiveness each time. After many times of asking for forgiveness for this same sin, God asked the preacher something like this – “Okay son! Are you repenting or do you just want forgiveness?†The preacher said he was confused at first, but soon realized that there is a difference between repentance and forgiveness.

What do some of you think?

Dear InHisLove,

May God be with you.

To repent to me is that you are sorry and do not want to ever do that sin again.

To forgive is the act of another forgiving you of your sin.

Jesus will forgive us our sins if we repent of them. Thank you Jesus for being so Divinely Merciful!

God bless you.

jesus suffered for us because he cares for us.and he showed us about faith.diffrence between light and dark,light protects,dark stays dark with mind games.:jesus-sign:

Just a refresher......

Matthew 3:8
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

Matthew 3:11
"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

Mark 1:4
And so John came, baptizing in the desert region and preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 3:3
He went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 3:8
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

Luke 5:32
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Repentance......is the process of changing one's mind.Human repentance is a change for the better and is a conscious turning from evil or disobedience or sin or idolatry to the living God.

REpentance..... is a profound change of mind involving the changing of direction of life.The positive side of repentance is conversion, the actual turning to God or Christ for grace.

To forgive is the act of another forgiving you of your sin.

Jesus will forgive us our sins if we repent of them. Thank you Jesus for being so Divinely Merciful!

The positive side of repentance is conversion, the actual turning to God or Christ for Grace.

Forgiveness means giving up resentment and the conditions of forgiveness are repentance and the willingness to make reparation or atonement Forgiveness is a duty, and no limit should beset to the extentof forgiveness. Luke 15: 28. an unforgiving spirit is one of the most serious of sins.

God forgives man's sins because of the atonement death of Christ. God's forgiveness of humansis closely related to human forgiveness of others. The diety of Christ includes the power to forgive sins (Mark 2:7; Luke 5:21;7:49)

God's creatures

Thanks John ,and God bless you as He does me.

Hi Dusty,
Alesia and I have two full time inside cats, although we will let them wander around inside our gated fence from time to time. Sheeba is going on 17 years old and weighs about 7 pounds. Clovis, the male cat is roughly around 30 pounds and is 8 years old. We feed them healthy food, we do not know what to do with Clovis when it comes to weight. We also have Tomcat, who we adopted a few years ago when we moved into our home. He kept on scratching at our door. So we now let him in our home from time to time. He loves to sit on my wife's lap when he comes in. Sheeba is obsessive about sitting on my lap. Often I wake up around 2 or 3 in the morning to pray, study, and write, ( I write booklets), and there are a couple of cats outside waiting to be fed. So, what do we do? we feed them. After all, they are God's creatures. By the way, my wife is a nurse of 29 years now.

I hope the conditions are favorable up north.

John S.

Mary is to be always remembered

Just a refresher......

Matthew 3:8
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

Matthew 3:11
"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

Mark 1:4
And so John came, baptizing in the desert region and preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 3:3
He went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 3:8
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

Luke 5:32
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Repentance......is the process of changing one's mind.Human repentance is a change for the better and is a conscious turning from evil or disobedience or sin or idolatry to the living God.

REpentance..... is a profound change of mind involving the changing of direction of life.The positive side of repentance is conversion, the actual turning to God or Christ for grace.

The positive side of repentance is conversion, the actual turning to God or Christ for Grace.

Forgiveness means giving up resentment and the conditions of forgiveness are repentance and the willingness to make reparation or atonement Forgiveness is a duty, and no limit should beset to the extentof forgiveness. Luke 15: 28. an unforgiving spirit is one of the most serious of sins.

God forgives man's sins because of the atonement death of Christ. God's forgiveness of humansis closely related to human forgiveness of others. The diety of Christ includes the power to forgive sins (Mark 2:7; Luke 5:21;7:49)
I agree, without repentance there is no remission of sin. To actually love (agape) one another is the ultimate act of mercy and compassion. Without such, there is no true salvation. I believe in my heart and according to scripture, that most, who have not understood many things will be in heaven because they have forgiven the most.

It was Mary who understood the love of Jesus while walking this earth far more then the disciples. Whenever we share the gospel, Mary is to be recognized according to scripture. I have a book about Mary if interested written by a semi-retired pastor, who has been married for almost 70 years!!! The book makes one weep.

John

Back