The importance and significance of the use of Isaiah 6:10

Discussion in 'Doctrinal Discussions' started by Complete, Jan 24, 2017.

1. I understand.

Cturtle likes this.
  2. The Bible is one book! it starts with Gen 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens." It ends for this universe in Rev 21:1, "And I saw a new heaven." The Bible deals mainly with God's dealings with the Jewish Nation. In Mal 3:1 "Behold I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me;" and in 4:5 "Behold I will send Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord." Then there is 400 year gap and a change of language, and Mark 2:2 starts with a quotation of Mal 3:1. In Matt 11 Jesus, a Jewish Rabbi, states Mal 3:1 is written of John the baptist. In Matt 17 Jesus tell the disciples Elijah has already come referring to John. The "an" in the Bible is italicized being place there by the translators! Then the Rabbi is hung on the tree, rose, the first born of the dead. Fifty days later at Pentecost the Holy Spirit once again enters humanity fulfilling Jeremiah 31:31-34. God makes a New Covenant with the House of Israel, and Judah, which involve Him writing His laws on their hearts. From this point the Jews could accept the Messiah or reject Him. Acts is the probationary period for the Jews, finally in Acts 28 Paul reads the riot act to the Jews using Isaiah 6:10 concluding with verse 28, "Be it known to you, that this the salvation of God is sent to the nations: and they will hear." Up to this point it was Jew first then gentile, but in Ephesians, the first book written after this termination there is very little mentioned about the Jew, similarly in Philippians and Colossians. In Thess 1&2 God deals with the end times and the trumpet of God sounds the "Church" leaves and we revert to the Jewish dispensation. This proceeds the 7 years of Jacob's trouble, which is covered in Revelation.

Major likes this.
  3. Good comments.

4. Hi Complete,

I agree with you there, (& limey who has also broached this part). Israel as a nation rejected Jesus as their Messiah, yet God still held out His hand to them. They could have, as a nation received the Holy Spirit who would have opened their blind eyes etc. but they did not. Thus we read of the result at the end of Acts when some leaders of Israel went to Paul. They heard but many rejected. So God puts on hold that purpose till the Body of Christ is mature, completed and taken to its eternal setting in the third heaven with Christ.

regards, Marilyn.

5. Romans 11:1-2......
    "I say then, hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Know ye not what the Scriptures say of Elijah? How he maketh intercession to God against Israel".

6. God has not cast off His people. We are back in the Jewish dispensation. Jesus prophesied Jerusalem would be trampled underfoot until the day of the gentile was ended. This occurred in 1967 when when Israel took all of Jerusalem. An interesting fact, Sir Robert Anderson in his book, "The Coming Prince" states that Rome controlled Jerusalem 666 years. This was from the battle of Actium in 31 B.C. to the surrender to the Caliph in 63* A.D. So I thought how long did the moslems hold Jerusalem, so I worked it out to 1948 and it struck me that the Jews didn't control all of Jerusalem until 1967. This worked out to 666 x 2 = 1332.

Major likes this.
  7. In the Acts verses, Paul knew that if he was to have any chance of convincing the Jews that Jesus was the messiah they were expecting, he would somehow have to use the OT scriptures (Law of Moses and the Prophets) to do it. So, he used Isaiah 6:9-10 to show them that, like their ancestors, many were refusing to believe and because of it God’s salvation would be presented to Gentiles. Something important to note here is that even God’s chosen people wasn’t going to stop Paul’s message.

Cturtle likes this.
  8. Good comment.

Cturtle and inquiring mind say Amen and like this.
  9. Care to share your thoughts on why?

Blessings

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  10. I think it was probably as simple as Paul knew (through the Holy Spirit) that the message of Christ was to be taken beyond the Jewish people, and he just used their rejection of the message as an excuse to do so.

Cturtle likes this.