1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Holy Rosary

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Flavio, Apr 2, 2015.

1. I love the Rosary so much!

I had the chance to recite it twice today (before and after the Mass of the Lord's Supper) and I'm feeling like I'm on spiritual steroids or something :D

I know many non-Catholic Christians do not agree with this prayer and I respect their reasons but if the Rosary is bad, why does it feel so good? And why does The Father always answer this prayer?!

I believe the main reason why many Christians don't like the Rosary is because of Mary. Even though I agree that we Catholics should probably focus a bit more on Jesus Christ and a bit less on the Holy Mother, I still believe the Rosary is a great blessing.

A few notes on this:

a) All Catholics agree that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

b) Mary is not a goddess

c) Jesus Christ is the only Saviour, Mary is just an intercessor.

LysanderShapiro and krossquad say Amen and like this.
  2. There is no scriptural basis for Mary having any role in our lives today. The idea of Mary being an intercessor is nothing more than tradition.
    1Tim2v3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.5For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,…
    Inserting any dead man or dead woman such as Mary or any other "saint" into the prayer sequence simply contradicts scripture.
    As Jesus said to the Pharisees, by your traditions, you make the word of God to no effect.

Juk, Flavio and Euphemia says Amen and like this.
  3. Weird. Jesus is our intercessor. Not mary.
    Hebrews 7:25

I love mary, but Jesus is our high priest and the only name we are saved by.

Juk, Flavio, Euphemia and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  4. It prolly feels good..i dont know, never done it, in the way satan makes distractions feel good and in the way junk food gives you a high, and smoking. You say steroids. Well everyone knows steroids arent good for you in the long run. They may make you temporarily have a six pack and abs, but its not natural. And smoking gives you cancer.

But up to you..you the one doing it, not me. Jesus called such babblings vain repetitions. Kind of like how tm people chant mantras.

Juk and Flavio say Amen and like this.
  5. The rosary is my favorite form of prayer. Christ smiles He sees us meditating on His life.

If this discussion continues, of course carry it on with respect and understanding -- some people strongly disagree with it. Be sure to use sense and charity.

Flavio and JG27_chili say Amen and like this.
  6. Jesus doesn't want us praying in vain repetition, but he does wants us to pray in persistence. Christ himself prayed the same prayer over and over again, and that's the intended function...to meditate on the Gospel in persistence. :) It's not babble if the prayer is sincere.

Flavio likes this.
  7. No, Jesus did not pray the same prayer over and over. In the same way, we are not to do so.

The rosary is not of God, because Fatima, which birthed it, is a demonic hoax.

Juk, Flavio and Francis Drake says Amen and like this.

8. The following from Wikipedia-
    Prayer beads are used by members of various religious traditions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Sikhism and the Bahá'í Faith to mark the repetitions of prayers, chants or devotions, such as the rosary of Virgin Mary in Catholicism, and dhikr (remembrance of God) in Islam.

9. #9 Euphemia, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    We have been given the keys to the Kingdom and we are to be asserting the authority we have been given by Jesus Christ and our prayers need to be ones of authority---never begging, which is indicative of one who doesn't know he has Christ's authority. We have the victory and must take that triumph that Jesus has taken over the enemy and shake it in the face of the enemy.

Vain repetitions come out of being unaware of the real truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ and how it arms us with great victory.

Per CBN.com:
    All victory on earth flows from the finished work of Calvary. Our intercession is enforcing the dominion and rule of Jesus Christ as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The enemy was defeated at the Cross. We enforce his defeat through prayer, like a police officer enforcing the laws of a state. It is our high calling as Christians to pray with the authority of our King, Jesus Christ.

Key Scriptures to remember, pray, and proclaim:

1 John 3:8
    But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil.

Matthew 28:18
    Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.

Colossians 2:15
    In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.

The Message:
    He stripped all the spiritual tyrants in the universe of their sham authority at the Cross and marched them naked through the streets.

Luke 10:19
    Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you.

Matthew 18:18-19
    “I tell you the truth, whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven. “I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.

1 John 5:14-15
    And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. 15 And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.

Mark 11:24
    I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.

*Mary, the mother of Jesus has nothing to do with any of this, not even as an intercessor. Jesus is our only intercessor.

Hebrews 7:25
    Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.

10. Even if it was a hoax, it would have been St. Dominic in the 13th century in France, not Fatima.

But yes, Jesus did pray in the same prayer (Matthew 26:39-44). We also do this when we sing hymns since they are often repetitive. Vain repetition means doesn't mean praying the same praying in persistence, if means praying empty prayers in persistence.

Whether you find the Rosary to be a form of valid prayer or an evil thing is entirely your business.

Marry Joy and Flavio say Amen and like this.
  11. You are certainly welcome to your opinion of translation. But you definitely misunderstand what we mean when we talk about prayer and Mary. If your perspective was a sound understanding, I'd agree with you. But it's your misunderstanding.

Flavio likes this.
  12. Why do catholics always say non catholics misunderstand catholicsm? There is nothing to understand about it. If the Bible is not the word of God and catholicism is actually God, then all power to the catholics, but it isn't. i know plenty of ex catholics who came out of there because they actually read the Bible and saw the practises were unbiblical.

I dont know why they keep trying to push it on us.
    I have a catholic friend that grew up in the church, she identifies with it strictly as cultural, and says yes the heiracrchy and bureaucracy in it is pretty bad.

13. Indeed. Christians aren't the only ones who used beads to count prayers. It began in the Early Church where Christians counted Our Father prayers using pebbles. Later try we're strung together -- these strings of beads were called Pater Nosters (meaning Our Father).

We don't despise something because a different religion has a similar practice. We despise something when it is unjust and is a false form of worship. Even this special holiday of Easter on Sunday originated from the false holiday Oester worshiping the moon goddess. Christians took this and redirected it properly I the true God for the right reason -- our gift of salvation.

Flavio likes this.
  14. No, Jesus never was repetitious. "The Lord's Prayer" is a pattern or format, only.

The rosary is only vain repetition. It is unholy.

15. Be aware that non catholics will comment on catholic practises. If you dont like what we say or what the bible says, then thats between you and God, who will judge.

Flavio likes this.
  16. #16 Euphemia, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    I have no misunderstanding about this, whatsoever. The fifteen promises/blessings surrounding the rosary are all false and based on lies.

17. I can't speak for others, but most non-Catholics do in fact misunderstand it, why is why we say if. For instance, you just said that Catholics don't regard the Bible as the Word of God. Either a Catholic who knows nothing about his faith told you that or you came to that conclusion, but either way, that's a misunderstanding because Catholicism DOES teach in the Bible to be the Word of God. What you misunderstood is that we don't accept Sola Scriptura as a sound doctrine.

No one is trying to force anything on anyone anymore than anyone else. Many people also come to te Catholic faith through reading the Scriptures. That's actually how I did. Reading the scriptures, the early church fathers, the reformers...and that's how many people do as well.

And hey, many Catholics misunderstand Protestants so there is equal affection.

Flavio likes this.
  18. So far, you have misunderstood. It's your choice to believe as you wish, but you already made a bunch of misinformed statements. It's no skin off my nose what you choose.

Flavio likes this.
  19. I agree.

Flavio likes this.
  20. I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Flavio likes this.