The Greatest Commandment

I am asking these questions in sincerity:

Are you infallible and do you have perfect understanding and perfect interpretation of entire Scripture?

If no, then please tell me what part of Scripture you have misunderstood and misinterpreted.

You get my point?

Thank you.

Who is infallible but GOD alone!

Anybody claiming to be as such is a counterfeit, and needs to be condemned.

At this very moment, I cannot think of any part of the Scripture that I have misunderstood or misinterpreted, because I fully rely on GOD for His exposition of His words.

This is what is written, and I believe it:

* Mark 4:34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

.... I cannot think of any part of the Scripture that I have misunderstood or misinterpreted....

You have admitted and acknowledged and indicated that no human is infallible and no human has complete and perfect understanding and perfect interpretation of Scripture, yet on the flip side, you do not believe you have misunderstood or misinterpreted any part of Scripture?

Interesting. If a person were to believe that they were currently misinterpreting and misunderstanding something, wouldn't they then know the reality of it and therefore not be misunderstanding? That's a very fascinating path. In fact, I'd say that each of us believes that we are correctly interpreting Scripture. Myself, I feel that if we are interpreting it at all, we are already doing something wrong. As long as we read the passages in context, it's usually relatively clear. Understanding the context however is usually the only thing that is complicated.

Any intellectually honest person would be quick to admit that he makes mistakes and that his understanding of the truth is fallible. I don't have perfect understanding. I'm sure that some of the things I believe are incorrect. As to which specific things those are I have no clue. But I can surmise that some of what I believe is incorrect because I'm not perfect. As to whether or not I'm justified in trusting the conclusions that I draw from the Bible, that depends on the the level of sound reason that supports each conclusion.

No one in their right mind, though, would honestly say that they understand all of Scripture perfectly. To make the claim that, because I honestly rely on the Holy Spirit for understanding when I read the Bible, then it follows that I alone am right, and everyone else in the entire world who also honestly rely on the Holy Spirit for understanding are all wrong......would be conceited on my part. God's truth that's presented in the Bible is perfect, but our understanding of that truth is not. Knowledge swells our already over-inflated egos and makes us more conceited than before. We all ought to understand our own limitations, be humble, and stay teachable. In other words, we should look for truth rather than be stubborn. Yet we ought to cling to what sound reason tells us is true. A human ego is poison to the Christian life.

We all ought to mark Paul's statement in 1 Corinthians 8:1-2 and always remember it. All of us are correct on many biblical issues, but nobody is correct on everything, nor does anyone have perfect understanding. We all ought to be careful not to exaggerate our scope of knowledge and understanding.

You have admitted and acknowledged and indicated that no human is infallible and no human has complete and perfect understanding and perfect interpretation of Scripture, yet on the flip side, you do not believe you have misunderstood or misinterpreted any part of Scripture?

God, by divine revelation, is expounding the "intended meaning of His words" that I come across with.

Interesting how Matthew 22 takes a deeper level of commitment when Jesus says it but yet it was already a commandment in Leviticus 19:18

You must be referring to the following:

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Matthew 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Matthew 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Let us reconcile with what JESUS CHRIST told a humble Scribe in the following:

Mark 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Does not our Lord, in Mark 12:29, give the PREREQUISITE to the virtue of LOVE?

This is TO KNOW first WHO the "Lord our God is one Lord."
In other words, WHO is the One True God of Christendom?
What is His name?

Back