The Great Image. (Dan. 2)

Hi @Complete,

Thank you for taking part in this discussion. I do not see that these have to be other than men. God would have said `angels` or `spirit beings` if that is what He meant. Also angels do not have our physical bodies & do not have sexual apparatus for procreation.

Marilyn.
Hello...you've won a heart :love::D

Hi @Complete,

Thank you for taking part in this discussion. I do not see that these have to be other than men. God would have said `angels` or `spirit beings` if that is what He meant. Also angels do not have our physical bodies & do not have sexual apparatus for procreation.

Marilyn.
Hi Marilyn,

Yet in Genesis 6, the angels are said to leave their first estate, and to father children by the sons of men.

And it came to pass,
when men began to multiply on the face of the earth,
and daughters were born unto them,
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair;
and they took them wives of all which they chose.
And the LORD said,
My spirit shall not always strive with man,
for that he also is flesh:
yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
There were giants in the earth in those days;
and also after that,
when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men,
and they bare children to them,
the same became mighty men which were of old,
men of renown.
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth,
and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
And it repented the LORD that He had made man on the earth,
and it grieved Him at His heart.'

(Gen 6:1-6)

'And the angels which kept not their first estate,
but left their own habitation,
He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness
unto the judgment of the great day.'

(Jude 1:6)

In this response I merely want to establish the truth, from Genesis 6, concerning the mingling of angels with men, and the outcome. Not to say necessarily that the same thing will happen at the end of the age; but certainly, regarding the toes of Daniel's vision, and the five Kings, the use of the words, 'the seed of men', does necessitate the recognition that another order of being has a part in the composition of the ten toes.

'And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay,
they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men:
but they shall not cleave one to another,
even as iron is not mixed with clay.'

(Dan 2:43)

* 'They' are contrasted with 'the seed of men', so must be something other than man.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Hi @Complete,

Yes I also agree that demonic possession & Satanic influence will characterise these last days. Although we know of course that Satan & his demons have held sway over man throughout history.

As to the 10 kings, I believe God says they are kings & has not used the word angels or spirit beings. Thus it is what is written. I will be doing a thread on Daniel 7 if you would like to discuss this, later on.

Blessings, Marilyn.
'And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay,
they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men:
but they shall not cleave one to another,
even as iron is not mixed with clay.'

(Dan.2:43)

Hello @Marilyn C,

I did not say that the kings were anything other than men. I spoke in reference to the beings other than 'the seed of men', expressed in the word, 'they', in Daniel 2:43. The kings were not an issue.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

The kings were not an issue.
No, but the kingdom divided in two is the issue. (V42) Though they try to amalgamate, there are irreconcilable differences that will tear them apart. As for the "they" of verse 43, that refers to the two components of the division.
Indeed the LXX uses the plural form of kingdom....ie kingdoms in verse 42
So 'they' the two kigdoms
The presence of iron in the feet and toes speaks of the remnants of the Roman empire.
The picture of clay might speak to the more artistic and ascetic influence of the Byzantium part of the kingdom divided
A study of the fall of the Roman Empire and also the complicity of Islam is worth while.
Their conquest of the Levant and their current quest to recapture it.
.ISIL Islamic state of Iraq and the Levant.
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.??

Also, please be very careful of how you understand 'seed' verse 43.
זְרַע
translated as 'seed' in the Kjv, occurs only once in the entire Old Testament.
For a more informative rendering, try the Esv.

Hi there, @Marilyn C,

Daniel 2:43, and the word, 'they'.
The marginal notes in my Bible inform me that the word 'they', refers to 'the ten toes'. That puts one of my questions to rest. :) - 'they', therefore are the ten kings of Revelation 17:12-18.

These same notes inform me that the fifth power to succeed Rome (Luke 2 & 3) in the possession of Jerusalem, described in Daniel 2:41-43, was to be the Mohammedan power, which was still future when our Lord referred to it in Luke 21:24; but the Lord does not name it, because the condition of Acts 3:18-26 could not be anticipated, assumed or forestalled. (ref: The Companion Bible).

In Christ Jesus
Chris

'These same notes inform me that the fifth power to succeed Rome (Luke 2 & 3) in the possession of Jerusalem, described in Daniel 2:41-43, was to be the Mohammedan power, which was still future when our Lord referred to it in Luke 21:24; but the Lord does not name it, because the condition of Acts 3:18-26 could not be anticipated, assumed or forestalled. (ref: The Companion Bible)

Just one more consideration, @Marilyn C, if the Lord Himself did not name the power that would ultimately tread down Jerusalem in Luke 21:24. The likelihood is that this knowledge is cloaked in mystery, and will not be found on the pages of Scripture. I think of Daniel 12:4,

'But thou, O Daniel,
shut up the words, and seal the book,
even to the time of the end:
many shall run to and fro,
and knowledge shall be increased.'

In Christ Jesus
Chris

No, but the kingdom divided in two is the issue. (V42) Though they try to amalgamate, there are irreconcilable differences that will tear them apart. As for the "they" of verse 43, that refers to the two components of the division.
Indeed the LXX uses the plural form of kingdom....ie kingdoms in verse 42
So 'they' the two kigdoms
The presence of iron in the feet and toes speaks of the remnants of the Roman empire.
The picture of clay might speak to the more artistic and ascetic influence of the Byzantium part of the kingdom divided
A study of the fall of the Roman Empire and also the complicity of Islam is worth while.
Their conquest of the Levant and their current quest to recapture it.
.ISIL Islamic state of Iraq and the Levant.
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.??

Also, please be very careful of how you understand 'seed' verse 43.
זְרַע
translated as 'seed' in the Kjv, occurs only once in the entire Old Testament.
For a more informative rendering, try the Esv.
Thank you, @calvin
:)

You're most welcome.:)
Your point about the ten toes is interesting, but I'm not sold, only because :
1 I would need to do more study, and
2 though the toes are mentioned, they are not numbered in the text which might indicate that they have no particular significance other than to complete the picture.

Actually, mixed up within the Byzantium empire there were a number of 'kings' the Francs, the Goths, the Saxons and others. when I was reading up on it I never thought to count the number of these little kingdoms...maybe there were ten?

Just one more consideration, @Marilyn C, if the Lord Himself did not name the power that would ultimately tread down Jerusalem in Luke 21:24. The likelihood is that this knowledge is cloaked in mystery, and will not be found on the pages of Scripture. I think of Daniel 12:4,

'But thou, O Daniel,
shut up the words, and seal the book,
even to the time of the end:
many shall run to and fro,
and knowledge shall be increased.'

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi @Complete,

I actually believe that the Lord has named the `feet & toes,` kingdom & I will post soon.

Blessings, Marilyn.

The Global Leader (antichrist) -

His nationality - He is called the `Assyrian.` (Isa. 31: 8. Isa. 10: 24. Isa. 14: 24 – 27) Micah 5: 5)

`So will the Lord of hosts come down to wage war on Mount Zion & for its hill. Like birds flying about, so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Defending, He will also deliver it; passing over, He will preserve it…..Then the Assyrian will fall by a sword not of man,…` (Isa. 31: 8)

The Region he comes from – The Ancient Assyrian Empire. (Dan. 11: 35 – 43)

He is called `the king of the North.` This is the ancient area of Iraq, Syria & Jordan.

`And at the end time the king of the South will collide with him, & the king of the North will storm against him…` (Dan. 11: 40)

The City he rules from – He is the king of Babylon. (Isa. 14: 4 – 21. Rev. 17 & 18)

`…take up this proverb against the king of Babylon,….the Lord has broken the staff of the wicked, the scepter of the rulers…` (Isa. 14: 4 & 5)
` And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.` (Rev. 17: 18)

Clearly we see that God has revealed that the last Gentile world ruler is the leader of the coming Islamic Federation.

Marilyn.

The Global Leader (antichrist) -

His nationality - He is called the `Assyrian.` (Isa. 31: 8. Isa. 10: 24. Isa. 14: 24 – 27) Micah 5: 5)

`So will the Lord of hosts come down to wage war on Mount Zion & for its hill. Like birds flying about, so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Defending, He will also deliver it; passing over, He will preserve it…..Then the Assyrian will fall by a sword not of man,…` (Isa. 31: 8)

The Region he comes from – The Ancient Assyrian Empire. (Dan. 11: 35 – 43)

He is called `the king of the North.` This is the ancient area of Iraq, Syria & Jordan.

`And at the end time the king of the South will collide with him, & the king of the North will storm against him…` (Dan. 11: 40)

The City he rules from – He is the king of Babylon. (Isa. 14: 4 – 21. Rev. 17 & 18)

`…take up this proverb against the king of Babylon,….the Lord has broken the staff of the wicked, the scepter of the rulers…` (Isa. 14: 4 & 5)
` And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.` (Rev. 17: 18)

Clearly we see that God has revealed that the last Gentile world ruler is the leader of the coming Islamic Federation.

Marilyn.
Just as the prophet Balaam prophesied, Num 24:14.
Hello @Marilyn C, & @Abdicate,

Thank you both for these references, which although familiar to me, individually, needed to be rounded up together in order to take form and be identified with the final power that will possess Jerusalem (the twelve toes ). I will be able to compare these references quietly now, and praise God for them, and you.

Thank you to all who have contributed, it has been informative.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi @Complete,

Glad it is all coming together, Chris.
Now are you looking at a giant - 12 toes? :eek: Just having a bit of fun.
I hope to do Daniel 7 soon with the 4 Great Beasts. Hope to see you there.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Back