The Girl I Like

The Girl I Like

Ok this is gonna sound so generic and lame. But i really like this girl, and i have done ever since i first met her (which was like 3-4 years ago) and have had this amazing connection with her.

Problem, i used to live near her, but now because of university i am 5 1/2 hours away from her. And i havent seen her in years. I really want to see her and be with her, but i know she wants to be with a strong Christian man, and well, im just not that strong. All i would want is to make her happy and enjoy being with her, and i know she has (at some point) felt the same way for me, but was discouraged by my faith (or lack of strength therein)

My question is : Should i wait until i am more strong and sure in my faith, or should i go for it and hope that i will not discourage her?

Couldn't you write to her, call her, spend time with her as a friend... but not develop any romantic relationship until you are stronger in your faith? You could be her friend without being her "boyfriend." If it ever comes up, just tell her honestly that you do like her and one day want to develop more of a relationship with her, but that right now you are concentrating on your relationship with God and in putting him first in your life.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The surest way to keep something is to put God first and put that which you love in His hands for safe keeping.
Spend time with your girl sure but put God first. Acknowledge the Holy Spirit's presence in every aspect of your life for He is your Teacher, Comforter and specail Friend sent by your loving Father at Jesus own request. Talk to Him and include Him in your day, He loves you most and yet it is human tendency to ignore that love. This must truly grieve Him. Ask His help and understanding as you daily read His wonderful Word. Spend more time in Church, put some worship music on and pour your heart out before the Lord. You will be in union and communion with the very Living God and that will cause your spirit to rise up and faith to flow quite naturally. WE REAP WHAT WE SOW. Let us plant love and faith. This will not only transform your life but it will reveal in you the kind of man that can truly love . Is your special friend worthy of anything less. The key then is to put God first for He is most worthy and then these things shall be added unto you.

I would say, (but that's just me, I don't know what you SHOULD do, because I just go by intuition with these kind of things) just go for it. You will, and she knows, be a strong man in the near future.

I would just hang out with her again and then, when you've grown closer again, I would tell her how I feel about her and she'll understand if you tell her what you told us.

Back