The first resurrection

The first resurrection

Matt 27;52;53

And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

John 11;25;26
Jesus said to her, "I am the one who brings people back to life, and I am life itself. Those who believe in me will live even if they die. And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I believe that the first general resurrection occurred when Christ died and the continuation of the first fruits starting with those who have died in Christ first and those who have received the reconciliation and are still alive in Him leading up to the the end of an age when they will meet Him in the air. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]

John 8:51
Our Lord Jesus said"I tell you the truth if anyone keeps my word he will never see death

[/FONT]
[/FONT]John 8:52 The Jews said to Him, "Now we know that You have a demon. Abraham died, and the prophets also; and You say, 'If anyone keeps My word, he will never taste of death.'
This tells me directly from the our Lords lips that when we die we will never see death This doesn't mean the second death only(spiritual death) this means from one state to the next without one of unconsciousness, but the continuation in a conscious state immediately after leaving our physical state..
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mathew 22:31
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Jesus said "But regarding the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God:'

Mathew 22:32
I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.' He's not the God of the dead but of the living."
2 Corinthians 5:17
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]John 8:36
say's "so if the Son sets you free,.......( then we free from the bonds of death.)

[/FONT]
[/FONT]So even though the physical death of Lazarus "prefigured" the Resurrection of God's people in Christ, truly, even Lazarus' First Resurrection was the moment He was saved. That is indeed why, when Martha told Christ Lazarus would be raised at the resurrection at "the last day," Christ responded by correcting her:

John 11:23-26
23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Ephesians 2:5-6
"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved by faith in Christ and not by works of our own)
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Death is state of unconsciousness and not for those who keep His word ,but for those who die in their sin. Their resurrection is appointed after the 1000 year reign with our Lord as priests.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

These verses above lead me to acknowledge we don't see death period!

But these verses below lead me to acknowledge we will see death until a general resurrection!

John 5:25-29
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Acts 24:15
And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

1Thessalonians 4:16,17;

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:22,23

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order:
1.Christ the firstfruits; 2.afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 3.Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Revelation 20:4-6
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 20:11-15
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead, which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead, which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Back