The Ffrf Is At It Again! Irs Promises Atheist Group To Investigate 'pulpit Freedom' Churches

IRS Promises Atheist Group to Investigate 'Pulpit Freedom' Churches
By Anugrah Kumar , Christian Post Contributor
July 27, 2014|

...."The IRS cannot force churches to give up their precious constitutionally protected freedoms to receive a tax exemption," said ADF Senior Legal Counsel Erik Stanley, who heads the Pulpit Freedom Sunday event. "No one would suggest a pastor give up his church's tax-exempt status if he wants to keep his constitutional protection against illegal search and seizure or cruel and unusual punishment. Likewise, no one should be asking him to do the same to be able to keep his constitutionally protected freedom of speech."

http://www.speakupmovement.org/church/LearnMore/details/5252
Related: Protect and promote the rights of our churches
PULPIT FREEDOM SUNDAY - OCTOBER 5, 2014

Given the history of the IRS tactics, this should concern every Christian in America.
smileys-praying-742234.gif
God protect his people from the enemy aligned against us.

If Christians sued the IRS over the non-profit status of Atheist and Liberal groups (which includes politically active Unions and the Atheist group suing the IRS), a Judge would probably rule that the Christians can't sue for lack of standing. Welcome to America where Christians are Second Class citizens, but at least we used what little of our Christian clout remained to destroy Iraq's WMDs (or was that Iraq's Christian community that we meant destroy). But, I digress.

All nonprofits are prohibited from supporting candidates. I think that's the way it should be.

There's no constitutional right to 501c status (IRS exemption for non-profit groups). There is only a constitutional right for churches not to be discriminated against vs. other nonprofits. I would think it proper to allow preachers to endorse any candidate the wants, even from the pulpit. But, a church is a church and a political organization should not be able to claim it's a church. And, our legislators have decided to make the distinction between nonprofits and political groups by drawing the line at endorsing candidates.

Given the history of the IRS tactics, this should concern every Christian in America.
I applaud the IRS in this case. This is a blatant violation of the separation of church and state which exists for the good of both church AND state.

You want to take a political stand in your church, that's fine....as long as you are willing to pay taxes. Do you?

I applaud the IRS in this case. This is a blatant violation of the separation of church and state which exists for the good of both church AND state.

You claim failure of the government to monitor pulpits for political speech is a violation of the separation of church church and state? So often, PLR, your reasoning seems completely backwards. And, it's alway interesting that tyrants say they're doing what they're doing for your benefit. You're backwards again.

You want to take a political stand in your church, that's fine....as long as you are willing to pay taxes. Do you?

A church becoming a political organization doesn't mean it would pay taxes. Political groups are tax exempt under IRS code section 527. There's not one statement you've made that's not backwards. I guess Liberals fool enough people with their backwards talk, heh?

You claim failure of the government to monitor pulpits for political speech is a violation of the separation of church church and state? So often, PLR, your reasoning seems completely backwards. And, it's alway interesting that tyrants say they're doing what they're doing for your benefit. You're backwards again.
When you have radical crackpots in the GOP and Tea Party like you have, yes, I think it's in our best interests to keep them on a short leash.
A church becoming a political organization doesn't mean it would pay taxes. Political groups are tax exempt under IRS code section 527. There's not one statement you've made that's not backwards. I guess Liberals fool enough people with their backwards talk, heh?
If you want to tell people from the pulpits who to vote for you are in violation of the separation of church and state and should be paying taxes. Didn't they teach you this in KKK 101?

I point out that political groups are tax exempt, even gave you the code section, and you repeat the lie that if a church engages in politics, it would be taxed. First time, it might be a mistake. But, after the fact is pointed out to you, it's no longer a mistake to make the same false claim.

Then you post that graphic that lies about Republicans vs Democrats. It was Republicans led in doing most of those things. E.g. for the Voting Rights Act of 1964, 6 in 10 Democrat legislators voted for it, but 8 in 10 Republicans voted for it.

Didn't they teach you this in KKK 101?

The KKK is historically Democrat, not Republican. And, you, not me, have made racist statements in this forum. Then there's your positions on sexual immorality and baby killing...

I point out that political groups are tax exempt, even gave you the code section, and you repeat the lie that if a church engages in politics, it would be taxed. First time, it might be a mistake. But, after the fact is pointed out to you, it's no longer a mistake to make the same false claim.
This is by no means news.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/churches-talking-politics-tax-exempt-status-hard-l/nPrMW/

Is it standard practice for you to tell people who post factual things that they are lying?

Then you post that graphic that lies about Republicans vs Democrats. It was Republicans led in doing most of those things. E.g. for the Voting Rights Act of 1964, 6 in 10 Democrat legislators voted for it, but 8 in 10 Republicans voted for it.
Is there any point in discoursing with you on anything? I post facts and you call them lies.

The KKK is historically Democrat, not Republican.
Labels be damned. If the hood fits, wear it. Hate is hate, and you don't see me going off about sodomites and whatever other choice epithets you use regularly.
And, you, not me, have made racist statements in this forum.
Where and when? That is a lie right there.
Then there's your positions on sexual immorality and baby killing...
Which I've never once talked about here. For your information I happen to oppose abortion. I just don't use emotionally charged language to describe it. Can you not simply call it abortion? As for "sexual immorality", I'm not interested in homophobia or bigotry and don't think gay people should be stoned to death. Yeah, what a monster that makes me, huh?

Last edited:
IRS Promises Atheist Group to Investigate 'Pulpit Freedom' Churches
By Anugrah Kumar , Christian Post Contributor
July 27, 2014|

...."The IRS cannot force churches to give up their precious constitutionally protected freedoms to receive a tax exemption," said ADF Senior Legal Counsel Erik Stanley, who heads the Pulpit Freedom Sunday event. "No one would suggest a pastor give up his church's tax-exempt status if he wants to keep his constitutional protection against illegal search and seizure or cruel and unusual punishment. Likewise, no one should be asking him to do the same to be able to keep his constitutionally protected freedom of speech."

Related: Protect and promote the rights of our churches
PULPIT FREEDOM SUNDAY - OCTOBER 5, 2014

The tax shelter to the church is an affront to The King.

Render unto Caesars what is his.

At least king Charlemagne had it right. He taxed the church. And so should all of us. It has been defiled upon the riches of Mammon.

The KKK is historically Democrat, not Republican. And, you, not me, have made racist statements in this forum. Then there's your positions on sexual immorality and baby killing...
That's enough with the baby killing comments.

Back