1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Engrafted Word

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Michael Collum, Aug 12, 2010.

1. The Engrafted Word

"Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. " (James 1:21)

The following illustrates that all parables of Jesus are interconnected in meaning .

The following illustrates that the seed of the kingdom . is sown in conditions that can make it unfruitful .

The following illustrates that trees that come from bad seed bear bad fruit . and trees that come from good seed bear good fruit . so it is not always the heart . but the "seed" implanted in the heart that produces the bad fruit .

The following illustrates who planted the bad seed . so since a seed is considered "a word" then there are good words and bad words .

Jesus illustrated through His parables what "the good word" produced . and likewise through His conversations with the Pharisees what "a bad word" would produced . A "word" is constructed using the scripture . keep in mind . Jesus and the Pharisees were using the same Torah and resource texts . but the interpretation provided to someone early on is the seed that causes them to grow into either a child of God . or twice the child of hell the person who discipled them was . this can be applied to bible commentaries . verbal messages . teachings and because translations of the bible involve human interpretation . even those . (and you may have a different opinion on this matter, that is fine . agree to disagree) but in the end of the matter .. what is important . . . is how the heart interprets what is written taught and spoken .

I was taught a lot of bad stuff by a lot of teachers . i know this by the fruit of what i was taught and how it grew . a lot of what i am discovering now is finding corrective for what was "engrafted" into me back then to replace it . so i can be a completely productive tree bearing fruit in every season . and faithful in all His house .

"receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. " (James 1:21)

Father, as we live in you through your indwelling Holy Spirit, may you engraft into us good things . and toss away all the bad . until all are one in you . in Jesus' name . Amen .