The Doctrine of the Increase for Salvation

The word of God is so plenteous in variety and depth for knowledge and understanding. There is no bottom to the well of the knowledge that can be brought up from that well by the bucket full each time we draw through reading and study.

For years I struggled with a desire to bring larger and larger numbers into Christ for salvation, and that inner battle raged so much at times that I went out there recklessly sharing the Gospel to those who were not at all drawn by the Father unto the Son...at least, not yet.

So, doing my usual systematic study, rather than reading by way of some chronological method, I came across this:

1 Corinthians 3:5-8
5 Who then is Paul, and who [is] Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

Did you see that? It is God who prepares the hearts that would be receptive to His Gospel. GOD is the One who gives the increase. Amen!

Just as our battles all belong to Him for the fight, He alone gives the increase from our Gospel outreaches.

This is comforting, and is a great source for the boldness to speak to those whom He directs us.

MM

Back